Trump EU Legend with F2P Mage. Skill is OP

Watching trump play a f2p mage he started on Friday, already at rank 5. No legs, no epics, only a couple rares. He's beating druids while they drop multiple legs and epics.

Pay to win? lol
Edited by threei on 2/23/2014 9:10 AM PST
Reply Quote
"Clearly he is only facing new and bad players" 50% of the incomming excuses in this thread.
Reply Quote
I've been playing since open beta, and I still don't have a lot of the cards he's using. He's dusting everything he doesn't need in order to construct a very specific deck he wants.
The average player isn't doing that. His deck is better because he's only keeping what he needs. Most players keep all cards except for triplicates, so they won't have the same for the deck building.
Trump is just showcasing the power of deckbuilding and synergy.
Reply Quote
I've been saying this since closed beta...
Reply Quote
What are you talking about ...

He just lost to an ALL legendary warrior.
And beat all other non-legendary deck.
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 05:32 PMPosted by Proletariat
I've been playing since open beta, and I still don't have a lot of the cards he's using. He's dusting everything he doesn't need in order to construct a very specific deck he wants.
The average player isn't doing that. His deck is better because he's only keeping what he needs. Most players keep all cards except for triplicates, so they won't have the same for the deck building.

So you are saying that people should be able to get to rank 5 without proper deck or synergy... wow.
Reply Quote
And yet bad players will continue to whine about Legendary cards on the forums.
Reply Quote
so trump never payed?
Edited by hitomo on 2/16/2014 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just because a few people can "Win the Lottery" does not mean that everyone can "Win the Lottery".
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 05:39 PMPosted by Iry
Just because a few people can "Win the Lottery" does not mean that everyone can "Win the Lottery".

And that's relevant because...?
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 05:35 PMPosted by Plague

So you are saying that people should be able to get to rank 5 without proper deck or synergy... wow.

If that's all you got from that . . .
Reply Quote

Except it's not winning the lottery. The lottery is quite explicitly a matter of pure chance. You don't see random unknown players going free to play up to Legend rank. You only see players who are already known to be competent at the game. In spite of the people who say the game has no real skill cap, that the game is purely pay to win and based entirely on RNG, they win consistently even when they are stripped of their collections.

Are they some kind of freaky geniuses, doing things nobody else can do? Of course not. They are players who have learned to be good at the game through hard work and practice. And they are proving that the game does reward skill more than luck or money. Maybe I'll never have the skill to match them, maybe you will never have the skill to match them, but I think we owe it to ourselves to admit that what we lack is skill more than money or luck that is keeping us down.
Reply Quote
so it's confirmed that you can't pull this kind of stunt in North America any more.

yeah i thought so.
Reply Quote

Lottery is pure luck. He has skill, something that 95% of the whiners in this forum don't have. They're so worried that they don't have the best cards when they are so bad even with every card in the game they couldn't break rank 10.
Reply Quote
Strangly he plays alot of aggro warriors and i haven't seen any in ages although i'm currently around that level (between 4-6 ish )
Reply Quote

I think you are trying to counterpoint reynad's deck. The one trump is using is even cheaper.

http://imgur.com/yk7k9Su

If you don't have those cards after this long you are doing something very wrong.

02/16/2014 05:47 PMPosted by Panhandler
so it's confirmed that you can't pull this kind of stunt in North America any more.

yeah i thought so.

How is this what you get out of this?
Edited by Con on 2/16/2014 5:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
nothing impressive since we are almost in the 3rd week of the season so its even easier than normal to reach rank5(which is easy to begin with becasue of streak win).
Reply Quote
02/16/2014 05:54 PMPosted by Con
How is this what you get out of this?

if you would like to prove me wrong, start a fresh account on North America and see how far you can get with one single deck.

i'm not doing that because i'm a bad player. a very bad player.
Reply Quote
He's dusting everything he doesn't need in order to construct a very specific deck he wants.

You can always start doing that now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]