Unleash the Hounds Combo - too easy, too eficient

02/19/2014 02:40 PMPosted by Elendil
atm its way too easy for the hunter just combo unleash the hounds for carddrawand win the game.

Translated, actually means:

I play a rush deck and it's not fair that hunters have a card that counter my rush deck. Hunters are supposed to be free wins if you play rush decks unless they can out-rush you. Nerf please.

^ this

I play against people they put like 4-5 minions out my move 5 and then if I have my combo before they can kill me than it's op that they were stopped at being op.
Reply Quote
Reading this thread while getting pissed at a 4 card draw that put a wolf on the field with the hounds. Take this !@#$ing card out of the game already blizzard.
Reply Quote
PS... UTH rips up control decks just as easily as rush decks
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 02:48 PMPosted by NrNine
Also, sometimes you simply lose, and there was nothing you could have done differently. This is the nature of card games.

If Blizzard could only fix this....../sadface
Reply Quote
The card is fine, but for that cost? It is unbalanced. combined with snake trap and hyena. When that combo becomes EVERY hunters deck build, then it should be looked into for balance issues. Every hunter I play uses and wins with the same combo.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Zelethul
Why not? Paladins clear the entire board with a 4 mana combo. No one cries about how that's not ok.

Because the Paladin doesn't get card draw AND board control from it.

02/19/2014 03:20 PMPosted by Zelethul
Heck, the Hounds can even be stopped by Secrets and Taunts, whereas Equality + Wild Pyro is stopped by basically nothing but Snipe.

Only 3 classes have secrets, of those three there is only 1 secret that counters it (Counterspell, the others only stop 1 of the horde of dogs). As for taunts, no matter how big the taunt, they are countered by the ZERO MANA Hunter's Mark. I can't begin to say how many times I've seen TWO giants with taunts removed at turn 6 by UTH and replaced with full board control and more card draw.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 03:00 PMPosted by oraculum
Because the Paladin doesn't get card draw AND board control from it.

Equal+Conc+Divine Favor -> 9M, 3 card combo that has the potential to wipe the board (Divine Shield, Deathrattle summons excepted) and draw up to 10 cards (more likely 3-4 depending).

Note: You don't get a minion, but the hunter can't take out 3+ 3+health minions as easily as as the pally combo can.

Compared to UtH+Buzz+UtH+TW -> 7M, 4 card combo that can draw 3-5 cards (maybe slightly more), damage the board like a Conc without equality (unless taunt), and leaves a 6/4 -> 10/6 on the board.
Edited by Verdash on 5/1/2014 3:59 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The comparison between paladins and hunters makes me laugh. Paladin control right now is the worst class in the entire game and you just need to look at the statistics to see it. Paladins have no way to win a game in this situation:

- It's turn 7, the Hunter is at 8 life, opponent is at 30 and has 4 minions on the board(2 smaller 2/2 minions and a third 2/3 along with another 4/5). The hunter has nothing on the board and the opponent has the minions mentioned previously, being 2 of those minions taunt minions.

Now, what can a paladin do to win this game? Hope for a pyro+equality combo. Ok, that's 4 mana and with the 3 mana left maybe play a small minion.

What does the hunter do with the same 7 mana?

- He plays the Buzzard+ Hyena+ Wolf+ Unleash the Puppies combo. Along with that he has 2 Hunter's Mark that cost 0 mana.

Results: He destroys all the opponent's minions, he draws 6 cards AND he gets a 11/6 Hyena(buffed by the wolf) along with 2 smaller bodies on his side. Next turn he uses the Houndmaster to pump the Hyena even further and creates an insanely huge taunter that quickly ends the game. And I didn't even have to come up with this scenario, it happened to me a few days ago while using my rogue.

Hunter cards are not overpowered by themselves, it's the buff to UTH that makes the possible interactions with the other cards too mana efficient and provide WAY too much value compared to every other combos in Hearthstone. The only way to fix this is to nerf UTH, making the combos not that devastating and compensating the hunters by slighly buffing a few other key cards.
Edited by Erëssea on 5/1/2014 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Hunter cards are not overpowered by themselves, it's the buff to UTH that makes the possible interactions with the other cards too mana efficient and provide WAY too much value compared to every other combos in Hearthstone. The only way to fix this is to nerf UTH, making the combos not that devastating and compensating the hunters by slightly buffing a few other key cards.

AMEN! END OF DISCUSSION AWAITING NERF!
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 04:24 PMPosted by Erëssea

- He plays the Buzzard+ Hyena+ Wolf+ Unleash the Puppies combo. Along with that he has 2 Hunter's Mark that cost 0 mana.

Oh, he just happens to have a 6 card combo that just perfectly fits this idealistic scenario setup to make the hunter look good, eh?
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Verdash

Oh, he just happens to have a 6 card combo that just perfectly fits this idealistic scenario setup to make the hunter look good, eh?

It doesn't matter if he was lucky or not against me, it happened in front of my eyes and other similar game-winning combos happen very frequenly to anyone that plays against hunters. Tha fact is, there are just WAY too many combinations that can be exploited for value in the hunter's arsenal and they are all possible because of Unleash the Hounds. Besides, with cards like Tracking and a previously used Buzzard it's not that hard to grab the cards needed for the combos that you need in a particular situation. In my case, he probably didn't even have 2x Hunter's Mark at the start of his turn, he probably found both of them or the 2nd one with the 6 cards that he got from the Buzzard.
Edited by Erëssea on 5/1/2014 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I count four cards, all very common and very cheap, plus two HMs in reserve or else drawn. And those two would be very, very easy to obtain with a six-card draw.

But don't let the facts get in the way.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Zelethul
02/19/2014 03:05 PMPosted by Sua

I play a hunter deck mainly and it's overpowered. I would be fine if UTH was a 3 mana card, it really makes it too easy as a 2 mana card in most matches.

Like I said, it's only as overpowered as your opponents are stupid.

I have tazdingo on the board and drop rag. He has no minions on the board. On the hunters turn he cycles half of his deck, drawing and placing t wolves and hyena after scavenging buzzard. Good ole HM having no mana cost means he gets to drop that too.

End result of his turn?

Both of my cards are dead, he has a monster hyena, he has a bunch of buffs on the field. He has tons of cards left over. He put me in lethal range in a single turn.

But yea dude, I shouldn't be able to have 2 minions on the field, definitely was a stupid play.
Reply Quote

If he didn't draw half his deck from playing that combo that would be a realistic argument. OFC he has all the parts of the combo.
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 03:16 PMPosted by xxBAshaggyxx
How many more topics on UTH do we need.

Honestly... I think the number of thread complaining about it are a good reason to nerf it. Its pissed of a large portion of the player base. I see more people complain about it than anything else.

Revert it back to the "All beasts have charge" it used to be or better all beasts with 3 or less attach have charge.
Edited by Kelyne on 5/1/2014 8:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 06:15 PMPosted by TheDukester

I count four cards, all very common and very cheap, plus two HMs in reserve or else drawn. And those two would be very, very easy to obtain with a six-card draw.

But don't let the facts get in the way.

4+2 = ??

Even counting in the cards drawn, having those 6 cards appear at that time is just a top-deck scenario, and a very RNG dependent one at that.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 08:58 PMPosted by Verdash
4+2 = ??

Even counting in the cards drawn, having those 6 cards appear at that time is just a top-deck scenario, and a very RNG dependent one at that.

4+0 = ??

The scenario presented was clearly a four-card situation, with the two HMs appearing later (likely due to that best-in-the-game six-card draw that I'm sure you'll say is "not that strong"). Really, the whole thing is right up there above, if you want to challenge your reading comprehension a bit. Just hit that Page Up button.

And only you would try to claim that, seven turns in, it's somehow a rare thing for a Hunter to see one copy of four very common, very cheap cards. I've seen it about 100 times myself, at least. And that's probably a low estimate. Which, again, leads me to believe that you have never actually played a game of Hearthstone.
Reply Quote
05/01/2014 09:27 PMPosted by TheDukester
The scenario presented was clearly a four-card situation, with the two HMs appearing later (likely due to that best-in-the-game six-card draw that I'm sure you'll say is "not that strong").

I did not say anything about drawing into it or having it all ready for him. If you draw into it, that is top-decking at its finest (specifically 2 of the same card).

Either way, the hunter spent 6 cards on those results. You expect him to get nothing out of it?
Edited by Verdash on 5/2/2014 4:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Stop filling the board up with more than 2-3 minions....have better board control, throw a heavy taunt out there...have defensive cards ala secrets and spells. UTH is only good when it is made so by the opponent. i've had to waste mine on 1-2 minions due to smart plays or not even have a use ( Spell heavy decks that have a low amount of minions).

02/19/2014 03:16 PMPosted by xxBAshaggyxx
How many more topics on UTH do we need.

Honestly... I think the number of thread complaining about it are a good reason to nerf it. Its pissed of a large portion of the player base. .

I have never seen a more idiotic reasoning before this.... the forums are NOT a representation of a large player base, being a vocal minority is a terrible reason to throw out nerfs and buffs....if Blizzard went along with every "Nerf Hunter, Mage, Lock" thread that clogs up the forums we'd have a critical situation about balance amongst the game across all options of casual, arena and ranked.
Edited by Nickywhat on 5/2/2014 4:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/02/2014 04:05 AMPosted by Verdash
Either way, the hunter spent 6 cards on those results. You expect him to get nothing out of it?

See, there you go again with your constant exaggerations and hyperbole. It would be better if you could just stick to the facts and try to argue your point without all the emotion. Kthxby!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]