Wolfrider × 2
Chillwind Yeti × 2
Gnomish Inventor × 2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta × 2
Assassinate × 1
Assassin's Blade × 1
Nightblade × 2
Boulderfist Ogre × 2

Important cards you will want to craft to upgrade the deck (you will se those cards in nearly every versions of the deck):
-Evicerate
-Loot horder
-Harvest golem
-SI:7 agent
-Defender of argus
-Azure drake
-Argent commander

Less important cards you will want to craft to upgrade the deck (variables but still very good):
-Defias ring leader
-Argent squire
-Dark iron dwarf
-Cold blood (1x is fine)
-Blade flurry (1x is fine)

A more or less completed mid-range rogue deck will look like this (1540 dust from scratch):
------------------
Minion: 22
Spells: 8
Weapons: 0
------------------
Backstab × 2
Argent Squire × 2
Deadly Poison × 2
Blade Flurry × 1
Defias Ringleader × 2
Eviscerate × 2
Loot Hoarder × 2
Harvest Golem × 2
Shattered Sun Cleric × 2
SI:7 Agent × 2
Dark Iron Dwarf × 2
Defender of Argus × 2
Gnomish Inventor × 2
Assassinate × 1
Azure Drake × 2
Argent Commander × 2

The deck doesn't need legendaries as it can compete in rank 5+ but they can be useful depending on the meta (black knight if theres alot of decks with taunts for exemple).

I didn't really explain anything but i can expand my thoughs if im asked to.
Reply Quote
So you feel your last deck should be able to hit 10+ easily?
I've been trying a minion based rogue a bit lately but it never got me any higher than 15 at best, today. My miracle variant has been doing better.
I'll give this a try this weekend.

Edit: please expand your thought process, tips for often occurring situations, et cetera if you wouldn't mind =)
Edited by Slai on 2/17/2014 12:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hit rank 10 easily? yes.

I win streaked my way to rank 5 all 3 seasons using this deck (more or less 3 cards); i was using novice engineers before their nerf instead of argent squire and Fan of knives instead of Blade flurry (personnal preference, ill explain this some other day) in season 1 and 2.

I tested alot of stuff in season 3 to replace all the nerfed stuffs and still got to rank 5 rather quickly (in the first week). The only nerfed card i think isn't really viable anymore is novice engineer, hence why i switched them for argent squires. I can agree to some extent that Blade flurry is better than Fan of knives without Bloodmage which is why i put it in the completed deck, but i prefer (and still play) Fan of knives as my single AoE spell.
Reply Quote
I run bloodmage and I still prefer BF. Though I do run FoK as well.

But Id love to hear your reasoning.
Edited by Slai on 2/17/2014 1:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
xaxa he said 1540 dust :D i cant even get 10 dust :D
Reply Quote
02/19/2014 04:56 PMPosted by DarkTyriel
xaxa he said 1540 dust :D i cant even get 10 dust :D

The first deck can be made with 0 dust, so theres no problem. The second deck is suppose to serve as a goal to reach as you get dust over time.
Reply Quote
The reason i prefer FoK over Blade Flurry is because it does the same thing intended to do but better because it replace itself with a draw.
The whole purpose of running those cards is to have some kind of AoE in the deck. But the thing is, AoEs are only useful when there's multiple targets to hit. Mid-range rogue decks are very efficient at keeping board control. They kill the enemy minions while putting their own minions on board, so there's almost never an occasion to use an AoE.
The exeptions are pure aggro decks like murlocs-(any class), aggro druids/pally, hunters, etc. Those decks fill the board early quicker than u can deal with most of the time, but they mostly run 1 thoughness minions. FoK becomes a board wipe against those decks even if its only 1 damage.
It also helps more against control decks because both cards are usually useless against those type (only big drops, no swarming), but FoK can simply be used to draw a card and fish for better cards.

So, again, FoK does the exact same thing that is intended with BF, but it replace itself with a draw. At least, it does with my control play style.

On a side note, BF is better for very aggressive decks.
Edited by Kyrae on 2/20/2014 11:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
basically the same deck i've been playing with a couple small switches. may i ask why you recommended crafting cold blood but then don't include it in the final product? if you were to use it what would you replace?
Edited by Wentzel on 2/28/2014 6:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
The deck i posted isn't "that deck u have to build 100% or its useless otherwise". There's plenty of space for improvements or tweaks. I'm also using a different version of that deck because of my playstyle but the core is the same. I just find that the one i posted is ideal for starting out and anyone using it can modify it to fit their own playstyle.

About the cold blood, pretty much any minion that isn't part of the "important cards" can be replaced by it: Argent Squire, defias, shattered sun, gnomish, etc. I wouldn't play more than 1 because too many "combo" cards becomes hard to manage.
Reply Quote
any epics worth throwing in the deck? i know some legendary obviously would find a spot but i got a few epics like the giants etc. was using sea giant in place of a 2nd azure drake but just picked a 2nd drake up in a free pack. thanks for opinions/advice
Reply Quote
How well do you think u need Gnomish Inventors for the card draw? I was thinking of replacing them with a Leeroy and a FoK. What do you think?
Reply Quote
03/01/2014 06:54 AMPosted by Wentzel
any epics worth throwing in the deck? i know some legendary obviously would find a spot but i got a few epics like the giants etc. was using sea giant in place of a 2nd azure drake but just picked a 2nd drake up in a free pack. thanks for opinions/advice

None of the rogue class epics are worth playing in this kind of deck.
Giants are a lot more effective in warlock or paladin decks, i wouldn't use them in a rogue deck that cant use them to their full potential. They are also a too slow for mid range.
Epics that can be viable are Big Game Hunter and Faceless Manipulator but they kind of depend on the meta because they are only good against control. If all you see are rush decks, they wont do you any good.

03/01/2014 08:05 AMPosted by Shwab
How well do you think u need Gnomish Inventors for the card draw? I was thinking of replacing them with a Leeroy and a FoK. What do you think?

This is kinda hard to explain and i dont want to write an essay on this but there are important points to keep in mind:
-You need enough card draw (at least as many has the combo cards u run, the more the better)
-You need enough big drops or you run out of cards too fast, gnomish is not only a "big drop" (4+ mana) but it also draw you a card.

Leeroy is a good finisher, but its dead in hand until you have lethal. I did try it, liked it at first, but in the end its just not that good.
FoK is fine.
If you really dont want to play gnomish, chillwind yetis are a good option for replacement.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]