HONORABLE priest stuck at rank 16

NO Mind controls, mind visions, or Cabal Shadowpriests and my only legendary is Velen. I am stuck and unable to advance because my opponents keep running Legendary decks which I am too honorable to copy. I have +/- 1800 dust at my disposal, and I refuse to craft Ragnaros or Manastorm because it just dumbs down the game and like it or not is insulting to your opponent. A honorable player should not be stuck in a rut just because he is too dignified to buy OP legendaries.
Reply Quote
Everyone take a lesson.

Be honorable.
Reply Quote
So, uh, you gimp yourself and feel you're entitled to free wins because you do this?

This is like an Olympic runner popping a cap in his knee and wondering why he isn't getting a medal for it.
Reply Quote
every single card in Hearthstone is OP! >:U
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Hanirem
NO Mind controls, mind visions, or Cabal Shadowpriests and my only legendary is Velen. I am stuck and unable to advance because my opponents keep running Legendary decks which I am too honorable to copy. I have +/- 1800 dust at my disposal, and I refuse to craft Ragnaros or Manastorm because it just dumbs down the game and like it or not is insulting to your opponent. A honorable player should not be stuck in a rut just because he is too dignified to buy OP legendaries.

As much as I hate priests, if there comes a day where changes to priests make them decent, I would hope that only applies to you. Only someone as honorable as yourself deserves a buff like that. All these other priests who uses Thoughtsteal/Mindvision/Mindcontrol as their crutches shouldn't be allowed to play priests.
Reply Quote
put mind control
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:09 PMPosted by King

As much as I hate priests, if there comes a day where changes to priests make them decent, I would hope that only applies to you. Only someone as honorable as yourself deserves a buff like that. All these other priests who uses Thoughtsteal/Mindvision/Mindcontrol as their crutches shouldn't be allowed to play priests.

Hell yeah.

Men with real honor pick the worst cards they can find, not the best.
Reply Quote
Agree with Bird. You wipe out half of Priest's tree and refuse to craft ANY legendary-not just the 'hated ones' mind, ANY of them-and seem to be wanting the high ground for people not playing to your particular rule set.

Bird is wrong in the analogy. It's an Olympic runner keeping his eyes closed then demanding everyone else to do the same or else they didn't 'earn' their medal.

And I'm sure a few would argue how honorable Divine+Fire combinations are, given that they can make monsters that far outdamage legendaries.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Hanirem

Gimping yourself by refusing to use basic cards isn't honor, it's stupidity. The two are not synonymous. You can be lawful good without being stupid good or lawful stupid. Refusing to use ragnaros or manastorm I to a certain extent understand; cabal shadowpriest less so.
Reply Quote
I refuse to craft Ragnaros or Manastorm

A honorable player should not be stuck in a rut just because he is too dignified to buy OP legendaries.

Wait a second.
Wut.
Edited by Mambawarrior on 2/20/2014 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:13 PMPosted by Dakarian
Agree with Bird. You wipe out half of Priest's tree and refuse to craft ANY legendary-not just the 'hated ones' mind, ANY of them-and seem to be wanting the high ground for people not playing to your particular rule set.

Bird is wrong in the analogy. It's an Olympic runner keeping his eyes closed then demanding everyone else to do the same or else they didn't 'earn' their medal.

And I'm sure a few would argue how honorable Divine+Fire combinations are, given that they can make monsters that far outdamage legendaries.

Only problem? That's a gimmick, which I have no idea why people even complain about that... But it's mind control thats the problem, broken mechanic, "unfun" so it got DEMOLISHED by Blizzard, and I do hope that they do it again. Tbh, I don't mind if they buff priests, I think they need one, just remove MC. Np.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:16 PMPosted by Elendil

Gimping yourself by refusing to use basic cards isn't honor, it's stupidity. The two are not synonymous. You can be lawful good without being stupid good or lawful stupid. Refusing to use ragnaros or manastorm I to a certain extent understand; cabal shadowpriest less so.

You can't be lawful good when you use mindcontrol as your "get out of jail" free card.
Reply Quote
If you said that you don't play Mind Control, because the card is only situationally useful in the extreme late game, and that anyone who knows how to play against a Priest knows not to play a big minion after turn 10, unless they can handle it being stolen or they've already baited it, I'd 100% agree with your decision.

All of you people who hate Mind Control. You already got what you wanted a couple patches ago. It *was* nerfed into the ground. If you feel otherwise, then you're probably not very good at tactical play in the late game. Do you even know what it's like to draw a 10 mana card early in the game? It's a dead card for the entire match, and can very easily cost you the game, since you lack a valuable option. Only Priests, Mages, and people who play Deathwing (for whatever reason) understand that. At least Mages are starting to prove that they don't need Pyroblast. Priests are a bottom ranking class in the top half of the ladder and the pro scene.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:26 PMPosted by MattOverMind
If you said that you don't play Mind Control, because the card is only situationally useful in the extreme late game, and that anyone who knows how to play against a Priest knows not to play a big minion after turn 10, unless they can handle it being stolen or they've already baited it, I'd 100% agree with your decision.

All of you people who hate Mind Control. You already got what you wanted a couple patches ago. It *was* nerfed into the ground. If you feel otherwise, then you're probably not very good at tactical play in the late game. Do you even know what it's like to draw a 10 mana card early in the game? It's a dead card for the entire match, and can very easily cost you the game, since you lack a valuable option. Only Priests, Mages, and people who play Deathwing (for whatever reason) understand that. At least Mages are starting to prove that they don't need Pyroblast. Priests are a bottom ranking class in the top half of the ladder and the pro scene.

I do understand that since I do play a Control Warrior who uses Deathwing/Ragnaros/Ysera along with other high mana drops. So what you do is have a consistent deck with plenty of lowdrops-mid... Cmon that's basic. Priests aren't the only one prone to this sort of problem of getting some high drops early...

Priests need a buff, sure, fine, I don't disagree with that, I'd be happy if they get a buff. My only concern along with many others is Mind Control, it's one of the hardest mechanics to get around. If it was just a true removal like assassinate, yeah sure, np you can still come back from that, but no, it's a removal AND faceless in one...

However, you must realize that in addition to MC, priests do have SW:D... So.. even if you summoned some big guys, and then they SW:D. Your down to your last big guy, got no choice, summon it, bam MC. FREE get out of jail free cards. Yeah, okay. Playing around most of priests cards aren't too hard, but MC is a different story, especially versus a GOOD priest, you **** up once, your done, in the SMALL chance you get back, Mind Control.
Edited by King on 2/20/2014 8:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm gonna play chess, but I refuse to move my queen, because that piece is mad OP. Also, I'm only allowing my king to move straight forward and back and left and right - no diagonals. Only cheaters let their knigs move on diagonals. I'm too honorable for that kind of cheap play.

Why can't I get a good rating? It's all those other cheap, cheating chess players who are ruining the game for me. I should be able to become a grandmaster without resorting to using my queen or moving my king on diagonals, everybody knows that's the only honorable way to play chess.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Moncrief
I'm gonna play chess, but I refuse to move my queen, because that piece is mad OP. Also, I'm only allowing my king to move straight forward and back and left and right - no diagonals. Only cheaters let their knigs move on diagonals. I'm too honorable for that kind of cheap play.

Why can't I get a good rating? It's all those other cheap, cheating chess players who are ruining the game for me. I should be able to become a grandmaster without resorting to using my queen or moving my king on diagonals, everybody knows that's the only honorable way to play chess.

I only used pawns. Horses, too op... stupid zig zag movement is impossible to predict!
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
Intentionally losing doesn't make you better.
Reply Quote
Everything you disdain is a generally accepted part of the game for most people.

02/20/2014 08:05 PMPosted by Bird
So, uh, you gimp yourself and feel you're entitled to free wins because you do this?

This is like an Olympic runner popping a cap in his knee and wondering why he isn't getting a medal for it.

02/20/2014 09:19 PMPosted by Moncrief

These.
Reply Quote
When did being stup---- er I mean foolish, become honorable?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]