HONORABLE priest stuck at rank 16

Its the game, you need the oranges
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:01 PMPosted by Hanirem
NO Mind controls, mind visions, or Cabal Shadowpriests and my only legendary is Velen. I am stuck and unable to advance because my opponents keep running Legendary decks which I am too honorable to copy. I have +/- 1800 dust at my disposal, and I refuse to craft Ragnaros or Manastorm because it just dumbs down the game and like it or not is insulting to your opponent. A honorable player should not be stuck in a rut just because he is too dignified to buy OP legendaries.

I think a priest without mind control is easy picking by most players. I think the fact you say you honorable because you handicap yourself isn't really making you noble .
Reply Quote
OP your a bit confused. If u take a gun to a fist fight then you are dishonorable. By not using face cards when playing poker is just foolish. These are just cards. Your not cheating by using big cards like rag
Reply Quote
If you aim to lose you'll just get better at losing.
If you aim to win, you'll get better at winning.
The original poster here is aiming to lose
Reply Quote
The only thing honorable to do in this game is not be an !@# and wait out the full timer duration when you already finished your turn.

and perhaps, PERHAPS, if you notice you're playing a notably new player on casual you can hold back on the legendaries and play around it.

but this is ranked, play to win as long as you're not literally cheating. Don't expect to get anywhere otherwise. There is no honor in purposely holding yourself back and setting yourself up for failure.
Edited by Kaww on 2/20/2014 11:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
What's "Honorable" about that - I have a deck with ONLY mind-bending style spells/minions and it's very honorable.
Reply Quote
Being stupid does not mean being honourable. Mind vision is a basic card that scouts your opponent's hand, and knowing part of your opponents hand is useful knowledge, it's also a cheap BASIC card, that refunds you with a card your opponent has, you're not only moronic you're dishonoring your opponent for not having one for such a stupid reason.

Having 1 mind control is also a useful emergency ace that you should only use when desperate since it uses all your mana, if you're up against legendaries such as ysera or mally, or rag when you burned off all your deaths, you're shooting yourself in the foot.

If you don't want to use legendary cards that is fine but don't be stupid by discounting some basic cards that can help you.
Reply Quote
Well, as in war I guess u can be honorble, but the other option would be ALIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN30YMzja6Y#t=179
Edited by Nemesiso on 2/21/2014 1:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
NO Mind controls, mind visions, or Cabal Shadowpriests and my only legendary is Velen. I am stuck and unable to advance because my opponents keep running Legendary decks which I am too honorable to copy.

If you are not willing to adjust your deck in whatever way to win, you shouldn't expect climing the ladder. There is no honor in losing without doing your best.
Reply Quote
If you said that you don't play Mind Control, because the card is only situationally useful in the extreme late game, and that anyone who knows how to play against a Priest knows not to play a big minion after turn 10, unless they can handle it being stolen or they've already baited it, I'd 100% agree with your decision.

All of you people who hate Mind Control. You already got what you wanted a couple patches ago. It *was* nerfed into the ground. If you feel otherwise, then you're probably not very good at tactical play in the late game. Do you even know what it's like to draw a 10 mana card early in the game? It's a dead card for the entire match, and can very easily cost you the game, since you lack a valuable option. Only Priests, Mages, and people who play Deathwing (for whatever reason) understand that. At least Mages are starting to prove that they don't need Pyroblast. Priests are a bottom ranking class in the top half of the ladder and the pro scene.

I do understand that since I do play a Control Warrior who uses Deathwing/Ragnaros/Ysera along with other high mana drops. So what you do is have a consistent deck with plenty of lowdrops-mid... Cmon that's basic. Priests aren't the only one prone to this sort of problem of getting some high drops early...

Priests need a buff, sure, fine, I don't disagree with that, I'd be happy if they get a buff. My only concern along with many others is Mind Control, it's one of the hardest mechanics to get around. If it was just a true removal like assassinate, yeah sure, np you can still come back from that, but no, it's a removal AND faceless in one...

However, you must realize that in addition to MC, priests do have SW:D... So.. even if you summoned some big guys, and then they SW:D. Your down to your last big guy, got no choice, summon it, bam MC. FREE get out of jail free cards. Yeah, okay. Playing around most of priests cards aren't too hard, but MC is a different story, especially versus a GOOD priest, you **** up once, your done, in the SMALL chance you get back, Mind Control.

You're playing a deck that Priests happen to be strong against. That doesn't make MC a bad mechanic or OP. It's means your strategy doesn't fair well against decks that are strong against big late game plays. Out of the big cards that you mentioned, Rag can be played two turns before MC is even viable, and yes it's vulnerable to SW:D, but are priests really the only class that hold back hard removal against you? I doubt it. Ysera is not vulnerable to SW:D at all. She is a very difficult card for Priests to deal with, but also a big MC target for obvious reasons. Deathwing is a desperation card. You have him in your deck in the hopes that you'll be in a late game situation where your opponent will be low on options and you'll be able to clear the board and play the big guy. It's not a consistent strategy, to say the least. There are several other legendary cards that would far better serve your deck than Deathwing. Alexstrasa, for example. I can't MC my way out of being set to 15 health.

I don't know any better way to explain it. If you're down to your last big card, and it's your only win condition, you are not in a favorable position that match. You're making a Hail Mary play and hoping it pays off. A card that can't be played until turn 10 did not put you in that position.
Edited by MattOverMind on 2/21/2014 6:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
OP mixed one word up with "stupid". Guess which one.
Reply Quote
Dear Blizzard,

I have arbitrarily decided not to use certain cards that everyone else has available to them, and am clinging to a notion that me refusing to use these cards grants me some sort of moral high-ground.

However my self-inflicted handicaps are - surprise - preventing me from advancing in the ranks! Please reward my noble playstyle by allowing me to rise in the ranks even though I refuse to help myself & use the resources available to me in a video game.

Much Love,
Hanirem
Reply Quote
A honorable player should not be stuck in a rut just because he is too dignified to buy OP legendaries.

You should craft an Elite Tauren Chieftain just to show the world how dignified you are.

I'm assuming from the whole "dignified" thing that this is a troll thread. A truly "honorable" person (by your definition of honor) would just craft something acceptable to his tastes. He wouldn't come to a public forum and loudly proclaim about how wonderful he is for *NOT* crafting anything.

On the off-chance that you're actually serious - intentionally gimping yourself is not honor.
Reply Quote
Who's proclaiming anything? You're delusional.
Reply Quote
Look, when I play a priest I EXPECT to go up against mind control. No, in fact I even try to lure it out on something stupid turn 9.

It's part of the game, now either change classes or embrace the fact that the priest is really a rogue who steals creatures ?
Reply Quote
You people and your twisted versions of morality...
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 01:21 AMPosted by Nemesiso
Well, as in war I guess u can be honorble, but the other option would be ALIVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NN30YMzja6Y#t=179

Damned it all Samwise Gamgee!

I was going to post the exact same scene. Such a great moment in GoT.
Reply Quote
Well, high five or something, cause this thread is pointless without a list of the deck or a strategy.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:09 PMPosted by King
All these other priests who uses Thoughtsteal/Mindvision/Mindcontrol as their crutches shouldn't be allowed to play priests.

Thoughtsteal and Mindvision? Seriously? They're just a version of simple card draw ffs...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]