What was the "miracle rogue nerf"?

I came into the game a couple of weeks ago so I have just been playing the current patch. I mainly play rogue, a lighter version of Kolentos miracle rogue (still missing, Edwin, Nat and Thalnos). It's doing fairly well and is fun but I understand that the term "miracle rogue" was quite dominating in earlier patches. So my questions are how were they dominating and how where they nerfed?
Reply Quote
In the Early Beta Phase Edwin got stealth this was just to strong because u could play him with full combo and you oppenent couldn't hard remove hit without AOE for like 12+ dmg. I think only hunter with Deadly Shot could kill him while in stealth...

Sorry for my not perfect english skills.
Reply Quote
Check out for "Adrenaline Rush", it was totally broken.
Reply Quote
Edwin's still playable, either as a coin turn 2 4/4 or if you use conceal and dont mind the fact that you lose out on 2/2 on him to keep him safe for a turn.
Reply Quote
Been playing a miracle rogue, no edwin or a 2nd prep since I don't have it atm, but so far I've went 8-1 with it, with the exception of the 1 loss that was just BARELY versus a warrior aggro >.>... So I'd say their still pretty strong without edwin... But it's nice if you got it. I'm using a questing adventurer in edwins place.
Reply Quote
edwin crippled to unplayable...
Reply Quote
edwin needs to summon two 2/2 stealthed grunts along with what he already does without stealth
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 01:15 PMPosted by drfuzzy
edwin needs to summon two 2/2 stealthed grunts along with what he already does without stealth

That is the most broken thing I have ever heard, just summoning him without playing anything before hand is easily a total 6/6 for 3 mana. No. Never.
Reply Quote
but but i need to coin him turn 2 backstab an enemy creature an have a 6/6 and 2 2/2 stealth creatures turn 2 i must make the enemy !@#$ there pants in fear of this combo
Edited by drfuzzy on 2/21/2014 2:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Adrenaline Rush was removed.
Shiv cost 1 mana.
Headcrack was also nerfed IIRC?
Novice Engineer was changed.
VanCleef was changed.

Probably more changes too. Rogues got hit pretty hard.
Edited by Slai on 2/21/2014 11:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
Adrenaline Rush was removed during Alpha and replaced with Shiv, so those two didn`t really overlap.

-Van Cleef used to have stealth
- Novice Engineer used to be a 1/2 (although this happened in a later patch)
- Shiv used to cost 1 mana
- Conceal used to cost 0
- Headcrack now costs 3 instead of 2
- The Rogue hero power was changed, so now you can`t buff your weapon with it. (earlier you could give your weapon +1 attack if you already had a weapon equipped.)

All these small nerfs adds up to a huge blow to Miracle Rogue. Just imagine if we got these changes reverted and added Adrenaline Rush..........

I don`t know why they even put Adrenaline Rush in the game in the first place. If there`s something other CCGs should have thought the designers, it`s that card draw is incredibly powerful.
Reply Quote
I prefer current rogue power. If I have a 1/1 dagger with 1 charge, I don't want to make it 2/1, I want to make it 1/2 for next turn when I maybe double poison etc.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 01:41 PMPosted by King

That is the most broken thing I have ever heard, just summoning him without playing anything before hand is easily a total 6/6 for 3 mana. No. Never.
\
Check out what the original Edwin did: http://www.tcgbrowser.com/#!/cardid=4534
Reply Quote
So much hate against current VC. He ain't bad, not at all. In the last 2 games he even was directly responible for my win. Like people have said before, either make him a cheap 4/4 , 6/6 or go huge in case you know the opponents deck doesn't have remove/silence (murlocs for example) or if you have conceal. He might not be among the best class legendaries but he is very flexible and because of that he is a amazing addition to a miracle deck.
Reply Quote
I think you Miracle Rogues still work JUST fine despite the nerfs thank you much. :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]