02/20/2014 12:48 PMI have roughly 90 games altogether and the first class (as is my main class on WoW) I chose was the Priest.
Posted by Gos
Now, I enjoyed them at first and I've delved into the very fun but highly unrealistic and risky strategies of things like 28/28 Lightspawns and 13/5 Lightspawns and so on.
Now when I play seriously, I'm finding it v difficult to draw the line between the Priest cards and neutral ones
I often end up with 12-16 priest cards in my deck, which is far too many. (I always take Cleric x2, Holy Nova x2, Holy Fire, MindControlx1 and SW:Dx2 often among others) So my question is, which priest cards at this stage should I be taking in order to create a well balanced deck
Keep 2x Cleric, 2x Holy Nova, and 1x Mind Control, those should all be kept. Holy Fire is good, but you are more than likely better with something else in its place. As for SW:D, most Priests use it, I do not, And as of today, I've won 10 matches, and I've lost 4 matches. Currently I am rank 10, and the higher rank I go, the better my deck is doing, it seems the higher ranked decks are actually weaker against the deck I'm using. Let me break it down. Here are my Priest Cards, this is not including Neutral cards, choose whatever neutral cards you prefer:
2x Circle of Healing (0)
2x Holy Smite (1)
2x Power Word: Shield (1)
2x Northshire Cleric (1)
2x Auchenai Soulpriest (4)
2x Holy Nova (5)
2x Cabal Shadow Priest (6)
1x Mind Control (10)
All of these cards have won me games togeather or on their own, as recently as 10 minutes before posting this message.
1. Use Auchenai Soulpriest with Circle of Healing, and you will have a 4 dmg AoE for only 4 mana.
2. The enemy becomes desperate to remove the Auchenai Soulpriest, so they often waste extra cards removing it, spite this, the damage is often already done.
3. Cabal Shadow Priest: There is nothing like playing a strong card, and at the same time, gaining 1 of the enemies cards, giving you 1 remove and 2+ played cards in 1 turn, for 6 mana.
4. Power Word: Shield, a Free Draw a Card, and Northsire Cleric. If you use it on your Cleric on turn 3, then attack your enemy, Cleric will likely survive, instead of dying, then you can heal Cleric, and get your Draw a Card, plus the Draw a Card from Power Word: Shield. Ultimately, 2 drawn cards, and damaged or killed enemy, for 3 mana.
5. Northshire Cleric, the same as above, except it can be used with just about any situation, including Circle of Healing.
6. Holy Smite, you never know when the enemy will have a 2 health unit, and generally that is very often. You can also use it to damage your own Cleric, and then heal it, if you are desperate for an extra draw.
7. Mind Control, very obvious how this is useful. If the enemy plays a Ragnaros or Ysera, Mind Control can almost instantly flip the game in your favour.