Northshire Cleric vs. Acolyte of Pain

Anybody else feel like the acolyte is actually the better card?

They both do the same thing but the acolyte just seems to be more consistent. It costs more but I stopped trying to play the cleric on T1 a long time ago. At best it lives 1/5 times and still rarely manages to give me more than just the one card.

It feels better as a T3 card, or play it at the same time as you heal a minion, to guarantee a card draw. But the acolyte guarantees a card draw anyway. Actually it feels like a really good T3 play because anything with AT2 or less, I can bounce and heal it to keep getting value out of it, or even put PW:S on it.
Reply Quote
acolyte has more conssitency but cleric has more potential if u save the card for mid/late game , if u play sheric at turn 1 at most u will draw 1 card
Reply Quote
I agree, there are more reliable draw cards out there which do more. Cleric only seems viable against another priest deck as it is ANY minion is healed. As you say cards like acolyte of pain are slightly more guaranteed, except when being killed with SW:P loot hoarder might be a better bet still, it's meant to die and any hits you can get in with it are just a bonus.
Reply Quote
I run both because they work well with each other can can serve as backups if one is lost. Problem is that it gimps early game pressure because by turn 3 you still have no real threats on the board.
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 08:52 PMPosted by KidTaylorIII
I run both because they work well with each other can can serve as backups if one is lost. Problem is that it gimps early game pressure because by turn 3 you still have no real threats on the board.

I have the same problem, but it seems more inherent to the class itself, than the acolyte. Unless I discard several of the control spells from the class, I cannot seem to build early game pressure. Instead I am always the one trying to survive the pressure.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]