Murlock haters

To all the haters. Yes Murlocks are good, but instead of nerfing them. I say buff demons, let get locks a deck they can play with instead of relying or murlocks to win games. If tehy had a better class cads they would have this issue.
Reply Quote
+9000

Warlock lock agro isn't broken anyways, it may %*@@*#** badly constructed decs/bad players, but the minute you verse a well constructed deck (particularly a rouge/hunter/mage deck), well then, good luck, you are going to need it
Reply Quote
Personally a good control lock deck smashes Murlock decks. When I play other classes I have no problem dealing with Murlock rushes. IMO locks should stop playing this deck and focus more on late game strategy and building interesting deck to counter your opponents plays. Smash the face decks are fine when you just start out and are unsure how to play the game, but once you get an idea how to play you should switch to control style of play. Far more interesting and satisfying play style. Plus most of the high rank players use control style decks, so best to learn how to play one eventually and not rely on murlocks.
Reply Quote
You either go murloc or go legendary as a warlock, which sucks for a new player.

Murloc gets stomped so easily if your opponent manages to get past round 4 is not even funny, adn legendary is well... expensive ._.

BUFF DEMONS PLEASE!
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 06:32 AMPosted by Thanegar
adn legendary is well... expensive ._

that is true
Reply Quote
It's true, demons are a bit too weak, they should be strong enough to be possibly added to a control deck. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen. But I wouldn't say that its 'murlocks or legendary', ancient watchers/giants and 'taunt-giving' minions work quite well.
Edited by Bartop on 2/21/2014 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 05:12 AMPosted by Bahumut
Personally a good control lock deck smashes Murlock decks. When I play other classes I have no problem dealing with Murlock rushes. IMO locks should stop playing this deck and focus more on late game strategy and building interesting deck to counter your opponents plays. Smash the face decks are fine when you just start out and are unsure how to play the game, but once you get an idea how to play you should switch to control style of play. Far more interesting and satisfying play style. Plus most of the high rank players use control style decks, so best to learn how to play one eventually and not rely on murlocks.

This is very opinionated. As a Murloc rush deck player, the deck actually has a pretty good match up against Warlock giants. Obviously double Molten + Defender ends the game, but that doesn't happen too often by turn 6. The worst match up is tempo rogue or aggro hunter.

And the whole "smash the face decks are fine when you start": They are fine when you've been playing for years. Do you even watch Fight Night? Gnimsh is one of the best players in the world, and he basically states that rush decks are his favorite decks, and he enjoys to play them more than control. Rush decks are good in any competitive card game, but they have bad match ups against certain play styles. And that is mid range. And mid range is kinda bad right now. Most of the top tier decks currently are very slow control or aggro. So rush decks are completely viable, and completely fine to play whether you are new or experienced in this genre of games.

Just because "most" (which is a very bad word to use here, because you are assuming a bunch) high ranked players use control does not mean everybody should. Just as many high ranked people play rush, does that mean control players should stop relying on RNGesus and Rag and start playing rush since they need to learn how to play one eventually? No. The biggest problem with murloc decks is the opponent. I've had so many opponents kill my 2/1 Abusive Sergeant rather than my 2/1 Murloc raider, only to eat 4 from that 2/1 because of a War Leader.
Reply Quote
I agree 100% with you OP. I just picked up HS about a week ago, and I have very little good cards to use right now. So this forced me to use a murloc rush deck ( the packs I opened had almost all the murlocs in them), till I finally get something good. I don't like it but I cant just wave my hands and summon awesome cards out of thin air, my demons are to much of a negative for me to use right now. People really don't understand just how easy it is to ROFL stomp a murloc deck if you not a total noob, and yet the pitch and moan that a deck like this exist.

I wonder if people who have played MTG remember the infamous Sliver decks.......they where the scourge of all players and are 100X more annoying than anything in HS.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 10:23 AMPosted by Bartop
It's true, demons are a bit to weak, they should be strong enough to be possibly added to a control deck. Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen. But I wouldn't say that its 'murlocks or legendary', ancient watchers/giants and 'taunt-giving' minions work quite well.

I'm currently struggling to get a decent watchers/giants - taunt deck, because of the cost of the epic giants (currently only 1 molten giant), so I'm currently playing Druid to farm, which is sad because I love warlocks :/
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 10:05 PMPosted by Kay
To all the haters. Yes Murlocks are good, but instead of nerfing them. I say buff demons, let get locks a deck they can play with instead of relying or murlocks to win games. If tehy had a better class cads they would have this issue.

They're insanely predictable and really not hard to counter with either another aggro deck or a well played control deck. When I first started, Murlocks were an issue for me. But after getting used to their play style and what they need to synergize...Well, they became much easier.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 11:44 AMPosted by Thanegar
because of the cost of the epic giants (currently only 1 molten giant),

Same here mate, but I've managed to craft Jaraxxus and Twisting Nether before so the deck is quite useful at the moment ;). 2 Mountain Giants should do the task. :P
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 10:25 AMPosted by Greedily
This is very opinionated

You are correct it was. Just my personal experience in the matter. You raised very valid points.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Gorelord
I wonder if people who have played MTG remember the infamous Sliver decks.......they where the scourge of all players and are 100X more annoying than anything in HS.

The nightmare of those decks. Remember going to tournaments and like crap a sliver deck. Sigh it will be over soon.

I know a lot of people who have tried and tried so hard to build a good demon deck but the negative affects of these cards are just way to high compared to the cost. Id rather see them with overload or next minion you play cost extra than discarding and damage to your face. If i am going to discard a card. Id want it to at least get a better compensation for the discarded card. such as when that minion is destroyed i get the card back.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]