Display driver crashes. No reconnect option.

As cited in the title, my display driver seems to crash frequently when playing this game (but other graphically demanding titles run fine on my machine). It recovers in seconds, but I can no longer play the game after this point. The screen is frozen where it crashed.

This would only be a minor inconvenience if there was some way for me to reconnect to the game I was in the middle of. As this is no the case, I've lost at least 3 Arena games due to this feature oversight.

The short list of what I'd like:
1. Support identifying why my game is crashing and how to prevent it.
2. Compensation for the lost Arena games (I have only used in-game currency, as I am not willing to put up real money while this is still a concern)
3. The implementation of a reconnect option
4. A chair made entirely out of bacon

Some of the above may be unreasonable, but I believe you guys can handle at least 2 of the 4.

Regards,
Rito
Reply Quote
MVP - Hearthstone
02/22/2014 09:17 AMPosted by Rito
1. Support identifying why my game is crashing and how to prevent it.

Can you be more specific about what's going on? From your description it sounds more like a faulty monitor, cable, or cable connection port. If you are on a desktop, you might want to try shutting down, changing the DVI port your cable is in (if you are set up like that) and restarting. If you are on a laptop, is this the native screen? Are you going to an external screen? Are you running multiple monitors?

2. Compensation for the lost Arena games (I have only used in-game currency, as I am not willing to put up real money while this is still a concern)

Not going to happen. They have a no refund policy.

3. The implementation of a reconnect option

Been in the works for months, even before it's announcement at Blizzcon.

However, from your description the monitor is just going out, not your connection to the game. Are you saying you are losing connection to the game? Failure of a display driver implies you are just being kicked from the display of the game, not the game itself.

4. A chair made entirely out of bacon

I don't know about a chair, but you can has a helmet. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/114733-Behold-the-Skyrim-Bacon-Helmet
Reply Quote
Display driver is crashing. There is nothing wrong with the monitor. Screen will flicker, display driver will recover and report that it recovered from a crash, but the game screen will remain frozen and unresponsive. I updated my drivers to the newest Beta drivers for my GPU and have not seen the issue since.

On an unrelated issue, which is why I came back to the forums (I hadn't enabled email notification of replies, so I didn't see this until now. Sorry!) I had an arena run from a few days ago that was pending at 4 wins and 2 losses. I just restarted that and went on a 3 win streak, after which I discovered that the win counter only reflected the most recent three wins but retained the two losses. The reward after losing the third game was consistent with a three win reward (one pack and 45 gold), so I apparently lost out on my other 4 wins' worth of rewards. These challenges I'm encountering are really dissuading me from continuing to play Arena in particular, but also the game in general. It feels like a waste of time if things are going to keep breaking this frequently. I understand the 'strict no refunds' policy, but at this rate the game is going to lose a member if something doesn't change.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]