My Mage Deck - Currently Rank 4 - NO LEGENDARYS/EPICS

I tried the link and it worked fine for me, so Idk what to say to you Sinjoir, sorry!
Reply Quote
I don't have all the cards, what a shame i really want to try this deck, seems really fun :(
Reply Quote
I love playing miracle rogue, but the deck takes a while to get it started. usually turn 5-7 depending on hand.

I main mage and also rank 4, but i wanna try a miracle mage >:). im gonna play around in casual but any more tips?
Reply Quote
Arcane intellect isn't that bad...
Reply Quote
very fun deck! I enjoyed it immensely!
Reply Quote
may try this out for fun

i have plenty of good cards i could use but typically decks like this do so well because players aren't use to facing off against them, its a huge factor

with all the generic decks you come up against constantly, people come up with strats that work best for them vs each of those decks. But when a deck is unique thats how it has so much success

another good example would be Trumps recent ladder climb (f2w mage deck) he was constantly tweaking bits of the deck but the core of it was the same and it did so well partly because there simply was so few mages around that no one knew what to expect or how to handle it properly

now that deck is far more common (i see it often'ish compared to how things were before) and its not that hard to deal with
Reply Quote
i cant view the deck list can someone post it for me please.
Reply Quote
Very good deck! I've played like 10 games, and won 9 of them. Pretty solid so far! And the most important thing, have a lot of fun with it. Had to craft quite some cards to make it, but that was really worth it. Good job Chris!
Reply Quote
Just tested this deck, you are full of !@#$ - no way are you rank 4 with this.

(I'm rank 2 with my regular deck, and this gave me three straight loses, and it was a pain to play)
Reply Quote
its worked pretty well for me, been debating what i could tweak in it given some of the legendaries i have

wanting to try work in pagle and thalnos

possibily pagle for and AI but unsure on thalnos. debated cairne too but again it doesnt having any 'glaring' spot to fit in other than potentially replacing a gadgetzan

03/02/2014 06:49 PMPosted by DarkXoiX
Just tested this deck, you are full of !@#$ - no way are you rank 4 with this.

(I'm rank 2 with my regular deck, and this gave me three straight loses, and it was a pain to play)

also....u wot? why would you try out a deck randomly in ranked without properly testing it and getting a feel for it. On top of that you state you're rank 2 with your "other" deck...so why try this deck out in the first place?
Reply Quote
Because, i'm not rank2 after the reset, so i didn't care while grinding levels.
Reply Quote
Hi why would you recommend against using ethereal Arcanist in this deck since it sync so well with secrets?
Reply Quote
Thank you for posting this deck and the work you put in to creating it; I think this is going to be my first deck I craft! I have been playing for a few weeks, and have been looking for an accessible deck utilizing mage secrets, but most I have found are excessively expensive, often revolving around Archmage Antonidas. I am really excited to try this deck out.

Also, I think it is clever and appreciate how versatile many of the chosen rare cards are (Gadgetzan Auctioneer, Azure Drake, Violet Teacher) which I will be able to easily utilize in other decks for dailies and what not.
Reply Quote
This deck seems to be very light on minions - especially effective ones. What do you kill the opponent with especially if it starts going late game? It looks like the opponent should have no trouble taking out most of your minions easily and you aren't running enough direct spells to just blow him up.
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 09:03 AMPosted by Pzypro
This deck seems to be very light on minions - especially effective ones. What do you kill the opponent with especially if it starts going late game? It looks like the opponent should have no trouble taking out most of your minions easily and you aren't running enough direct spells to just blow him up.

ive used it in ranked for a couple of days and got up to 14 ( literally only spent few hours tops)

im not really sure how it works but it seems to confuse players. the secrets make players waste mana which is huge and also clever use of mirror entity can net you some nice stuff OR if they realise you've played that secret then they end up playing a weaker hand themselves to try counter it, which also works in your favour allowing your hand to build up strength again

may not work so great once those top ranks are reached but for now its doing well. Haven't felt a need to switch to my druid or shaman yet
Reply Quote
I tried this deck and just got absolutely steam rolled by a zoo Warlock. I don't see how this deck can keep up with the current rush heavy meta.
Reply Quote
I played a couple of games with this deck, it was extremely fun specially when casting spells and two of Violet Teacher on the board or getting a legendary minion with Mirror Entity, BUT I always get scared early game, I feel weak. I haven't faced aggro decks but I think I will get wrecked if I faced one.

Can tell me how strong this deck against aggro ones?

and thank very much <3
Reply Quote
So, rank 4 is the best you can do?

Average players are just.. average...

How many hours did you play? If you were skilled, then you'd be Legendary. Not even coming close is just chump change. Another mediocre player, apparently.

*I'm joking*
Reply Quote
one tweak i did make when using this deck was i changed ice barrier with ice block

its given me a good ew wins inthose close games

it gives you that 1 extra turn, which can be huge vs rush decks especially
Reply Quote
i just tried this deck. funniest thing ive seen in a while

game against priest, late game he has board control but i have a 7/3 mana wyrm
turn 10 he casts mind control........LOLNOPE COUNTERSPELL ...

the following turns i proceeded to use kirin tor, auctioneer and put down triple secrets. smashed him for 10 with mana wyrm, next turn he puts a shieldmasta, mirror entity baby, tries to cast shadow word death, COUNTERSPELL.....hits me with his board, NOPE ICE BARRIER

on my turn, pyrostrike to clear his board, hit with everything, GG

haha this deck is fun im guna practice it more
thanks for sharing ^^

just one question though, wouldn't ice block be better than ice barrier? 8 armor is nice but its a bit meh
Edited by PoundingYou on 3/8/2014 7:05 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]