Getting tired of my cards being used against me by priests

02/20/2014 02:04 PMPosted by ACrowley
priests, the ultimate troll class of hearthstone. Nothing but frustration, stealing and mockery.

This. For some odd reason all of these priests saying they can't crap from thoughtsteal/mindvision. I have literally the worst luck, 95% of all the priests I've fought whose done this to me, they get either my legendaries, or mana cards above 4...
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 02:09 PMPosted by King
priests, the ultimate troll class of hearthstone. Nothing but frustration, stealing and mockery.

This. For some odd reason all of these priests saying they can't crap from thoughtsteal/mindvision. I have literally the worst luck, 95% of all the priests I've fought whose done this to me, they get either my legendaries, or mana cards above 4...

Dude, I'm sorry, but you need to put your logic cap on. I guarantee that if this is frustrating you, that you aren't considering what all classes are capable of, what priests can't do, and frankly you're likely not a very good player. Don't worry, I'm not all that great either, but get some perspective before coming to the forums to complain.
Reply Quote
the problem is the card count .
it's buffing themselves against the fatigue.. and that's a BIG advantage for the cost.

mana cost needs to be bumped up.. or the a card needs to burn for every steal
Reply Quote
The guy used what is essentially a 5 cost True Silver Champion(1 cost mind vision)... you have a 4 cost True Silver. You are forgetting the cost of the steal cards in addition to the cost of the card they steal (which is random).

again, quit the QQ cause priest are already struggling as it is.
Edited by RatedGG on 2/20/2014 3:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
it gets better. thoughsteal or mindvission a peacekeeper and use it on any of their minions to take it with Cabal Shadow Priest :D
Reply Quote
Personally ive always wanted to find a priest deck that works.

If you play enough and all of the classes with decent cards etc. You will realise priests are one of the worse classes.

The thoughtsteal cabal priest mind games deck is so fun to play with add a pyromancer and the plays you can make are so fun.

sometimes you get interesting steals like one time i had a mana wyrm, combine that with my spells and pyromancer i got so much value out of that thing buffing it up through the turns to match whatever he played each time lol
Reply Quote
mind vision is too much of a gamble to be good.

Thoughtsteal is only good because it gives you are card advantage.

MC is too exspensive to have more then one in a deck, against a rush deck drawing two MC is pretty much death.

shadowmadness is a bit situational.

Cabal priest is likewise sitational for the full effect for the 6 mana cost, but is pretty good.

Faceless manipulators and sylvanas just mesh well with this theme for neutrals.
The mind control gnome is very situational for full effect two, I rarely face anyone who can get 4+minions on the board.

Of all the mind control cards I would say only two are flat out good, one is only useful for long games, and three are neutral.
Reply Quote
Earlier had 4 unbound elementals because the game kept giving them to me between thoughtsteal, mind vision, (whatever the random enemy minion card is called)

but I could NOT get a single overload card stolen lol!
Reply Quote
Name good value priest cards on their own.
Besides having an excellent 1/3 for 1, priests rely on combos and opponent's board. We have little to no strength on our own, so that is why we must rely on the opponent's cards. Could you imagine if we had a hex? Truesilver? No, we have no place our bets and pay in order for a CHANCE to get superior class specific cards.
Reply Quote
It doesn't matter that mindvision/thoughsteal doesn't always get good cards, the point is that by using them (1) priests get more cards in their deck than any other class and (2) a typical 40-50% chance of cards from other classes. NO class should be able to use anything except their own and neutrals, that's what makes a balanced game. Added to this, knowing what sort of deck/hand your opponent has from their cards is a big advantage.

As for "what priests can/can't do" I think they get a perfectly reasonable amount of synergy in their cards using heals and buffs without the bull!@#$ of stealing other classes' cards. MC you can see coming and play around it, but your own cards too?
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 09:04 AMPosted by LeeSuss
It doesn't matter that mindvision/thoughsteal doesn't always get good cards, the point is that by using them (1) priests get more cards in their deck than any other class and (2) a typical 40-50% chance of cards from other classes. NO class should be able to use anything except their own and neutrals, that's what makes a balanced game. Added to this, knowing what sort of deck/hand your opponent has from their cards is a big advantage.

As for "what priests can/can't do" I think they get a perfectly reasonable amount of synergy in their cards using heals and buffs without the bull!@#$ of stealing other classes' cards. MC you can see coming and play around it, but your own cards too?

a few things.
1 this is like a 2 month old thread you necro'd to !@#$% about copy effects,
2 The cards you mention are just that, COPY EFFECTS.
3 IF THESE CARDS WERE OVERPOWERED THEN PRIESTS WOULD WIN MORE THAN 43% of their games.
4 EVEN IF THESE CARDS ARE CURRENTLY OVERPOWERED, PRIEST'S AS A CLASS SUCK SOO MUCH THAT THEIR STENGHT DOES NOT MATTER!!!!!
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 01:50 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath
Newb priests steal your cards because their decks are weaker in the hopes of getting your good cards.

I use them because it's like playing a different deck every game. Be afraid because I don't even know what I'm about to do!
Reply Quote
04/14/2014 09:04 AMPosted by LeeSuss

Actually your comment about the synergy of priest cards shows that you don't play the class at all. Good luck to make for example shadow form work properly.

It also sounds as if copying were great. It isn't. You often get so much crap it is not even funny. I don't play Mind Games for example anymore. It ONCE got me a Ragnaros on turn 4. Great, isn't it? No, because it was ONCE. Now, let's see how often I got crap...thirtyfold.
Edited by Asmodean on 4/16/2014 4:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
02/20/2014 02:08 PMPosted by PantsFree
do you guys do what I do on my priest and say "thank you" when you play a card you stole?? I just like to be courteous and all :D

Priests shouldn't be allowed to emote, just my opinion.
Reply Quote
Mind vision is so bad, and thoughtsteal is also bad. You are gambling that you won't draw some crap like a 1/1 boar, or whatever else. Why wouldn't I just put a sunwalker/legendary into my own deck and actually draw into my own cards? Players who use thoughtsteal are either trolling, just playing for fun, or have no idea what they're doing. You should try to eliminate RNG from your deck, not increase it.

Thoughtsteal also decreases your tempo, which is already one of the priest weaknesses.

Cabal shadow priest is also way too slow. It will NEVER save you against aggro. It's good if you're already winning, but any minion is good if you're winning. If all you have are aggro cards and you've run out of steam, who cares that the priest takes a minion from you in the late game. However, as far as being a fast enough card to beat aggro or a powerful enough card to beat control, cabal is neither.

Mind control is a very powerful card and will seal the lategame, but again, any huge card will seal the lategame. As someone else mentioned, if you draw 2 against aggro, you might as well concede.
Edited by John on 4/17/2014 12:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Double Post
Edited by Asmodean on 4/17/2014 2:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I played a priest today, double thoughtsteel and he gets 1 ysera each time, he had one ysera himself and he mindcontroled mine so he basically played four yseras in one game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]