Unleash the hounds card change

03/10/2014 10:43 AMPosted by BKemperor
Or learn how to deal with it. If you have troubles playing against a class, play with it and learn their weaknesses.

how to deal with a leeroy that gives me 2 free minions followed by uth..
sorry pro dude i have never learned how to counter such a move can you teach me?

I can teach you.

Taunt.

Heals.

Board manipulation.
Reply Quote
taunt? gets killed by 2-3 hounds.. still take 8 damage to the face and for a hunter thats a win.
Edited by BKemperor on 3/10/2014 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote

sorry pro dude i have never learned how to counter such a move can you teach me?

I can teach you.

Taunt.

Heals.

Board manipulation.

You are so full of crap. Stop pretending you have any clue what he even asked. None of your answers even came close to addressing his question.

I knew most of these "pros" on the board telling people to L2P were lying posers. You just proved it.
Edited by Irk on 3/10/2014 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:46 AMPosted by BKemperor
taunt? gets killed by 2-3 hounds.. still take 8 damage to the face and for a hunter thats a win.

That's some pretty weak taunt you're running there.

Honestly, I don't see much of an issue with UtH anymore -- I would like it to change back to +X and charge, but Blizzard decided to just dump that concept instead of tweaking it.

The real issue is the 14 damage to the face from 2x Arcane Shot and 2x Kill Command. The only way to counter that is heals, the Hounds are as easy to play around as Flamestrike or Mind Control.
Edited by Pokey on 3/10/2014 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:43 AMPosted by BKemperor
Or learn how to deal with it. If you have troubles playing against a class, play with it and learn their weaknesses.

Did you read my post before that one that states that the only real problem ive had with uth was when there was used leroy+uth?
That synergy is mainly a leroy problem not uth.
Reply Quote
you're*
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:48 AMPosted by Irk

I can teach you.

Taunt.

Heals.

Board manipulation.

You are so full of crap. Stop pretending you have any clue what he even asked. None of your answers even came close to addressing his question.

I knew most of these "pros" on the board telling people to L2P were lying posers. You just proved it.

Irk, you are becoming increasingly moronic lately. I suggest you take a break from these forums, you used to post some nice and insightful stuff.

Now it's just junk and insults. Take a break.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Pokey

That's some pretty weak taunt you're running there.

Honestly, I don't see much of an issue with UtH anymore -- I would like it to change back to +X and charge, but Blizzard decided to just dump that concept instead of tweaking it.

The real issue is the 14 damage to the face from 2x Arcane Shot and 2x Kill Command. The only way to counter that is heals, the Hounds are as easy to play around as as Flamestrike or Mind Control.

timber wolf... have you even seen a hunter before?
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 03:46 PMPosted by Versath
its only broken if your bad at this game.

that is so far from true

buzzard+hounds+timber wolf is almost always gg even if they dont win that turn. the sheer advantage from that plat is gamebreaking
Edited by RioKamishiro on 3/10/2014 10:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:53 AMPosted by BKemperor

So, now you're basing your OP claim on the fact that a Hunter always has: UtH, Leeroy, one or two Timbers, and possibly a Buzzard in hand?

Sorry, but you might as well be arguing that Wisp is overpowered because a person could use MoN+MotW to make it 4/8 Taunt. And that Edwin is OP because a Rogue might have several cards to play before dropping him down and putting Stealth on him.
Reply Quote
this would solve nothing. UTH is scary on damage unless u were an idiot and had more than 3 minions on your side. it's the card draw that makes it scary.

if ur change was implemented everyone would just use SB UTH then hyena. draw all ur cards, suicide the dogs to clear the board and end the turn with a 10/6 hyena
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 10:56 AMPosted by Pokey

So, now you're basing your OP claim on the fact that a Hunter always has: UtH, Leeroy, one or two Timbers, and possibly a Buzzard in hand?

Sorry, but you might as well be arguing that Wisp is overpowered because a person could use MoN+MotW to make it 4/8 Taunt. And that Edwin is OP because a Rogue might have several cards to play before dropping him down and putting Stealth on him.

its hard to have a 3 card combo in your hand?
while having tracking.
ok...
Reply Quote
Is it just me or is this all any hunters do now? i stopped playing for a week and come to back to play nothing but hunters 60-70% of my games are against huntards now, this being the top of the forums now i know why. Tweak it so hounds are no longer beast, i read the patch notes and it states "We want players to have an option on what cards they put in their decks, so cards that feel like they must be in all decks are not ideal.". If this statement holds true then why am i fighting hunters all night long over and over with the exact same cards and strategy.
Edited by Breezy on 3/10/2014 11:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Now you're adding another two cards?

Please.

03/10/2014 11:02 AMPosted by BKemperor
while having tracking.
ok...
Reply Quote

Irk, you are becoming increasingly moronic lately. I suggest you take a break from these forums, you used to post some nice and insightful stuff.

Now it's just junk and insults. Take a break.

You are right. It was rude. In fact it was not until I had already posted that I realized that you were not the poster that had said learn to play in the first place.

I am tired of people bringing up things that concern them about specific mechanics and cards and inevitably one of the first two responses is something along the lines of "It is fine, you suck"

Admittedly that is occasionally true. However, most of the time it is by a poster that just wants to disparage someone else's perceived skill while artificially attempting to signal that they are skilled.

With UTH specifically there are many mechanic exploits that are exceedingly imbalanced that there really is no way to avoid no matter how skilled you are. And the primary method of avoiding them (don't play more than two minions) both causes a players to squander resources and completely gimp their ability to control the tempo against a class that is specifically designed to finish matches quickly. SO by not playing many minions you might be somewhat mitigating the effect of UTH but you are also playing in a way that gives the hunter a basic advantage due to their inherent design. So the worst possible strategy becomes the only strategy due to a single card and its synergy with 4 other cards.

There is so many imbalanced combinations with UTH, wolves, hyenas, and Buzzards that the card is flat broken. No question.
Reply Quote
That's why leroy + UTH is so scary, even if you manage to prevent part of the damage with a taunt, if you have 2-3 minions on the board, the UTH + leroy will draw 4 - 5 cards, if he draws command kill you will be pretty much dead in the next turn after dealing with whats on the board. They just need to put a cheap beast on the board if there is none and finish you off with command kill, ability power + whatever they've got.
Anyways, in this case what makes it OP is the synergy of UTH+Leroy, because of the additional two minions. I think that if those minions would be added at the end of the turn, would prevent that.

If UTH is not used with leroy, it's deadly when there are more than 3 minions on board + timberwolf, or there is that animal companion that gives a buff to all the other minions on board, but that's avoidable. It's a pain in the !@# but it can be dealt with.
Edited by Vold on 3/10/2014 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please.

while having tracking.
ok...

keep showing your stupidity as much as you can..
ohh forgot to add this obviously you can't even count...why am i having a discussion with the likes of you.
Edited by BKemperor on 3/10/2014 11:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:09 AMPosted by BKemperor

Please.

keep showing your stupidity as much as you can..
ohh forgot to add this obviously you can't even count...why am i having a discussion with the likes of you.

You see, if you answered like Irk just has, I wouldn't have a problem with what you're saying. You haven't brought anything to the table apart from 'UtH sucks - derp', and it makes it exceptionally hard to communicate with you.

Get some arguments going, and articulate. Insulting is weak, and reflects a poor side of you.

I see you just added another insult with an edit. Good job, gold star for you. Show me a Hunter who only runs one Tracking, and is able to get more than two cards with two Trackings. Good luck.

03/10/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Irk
You are right. It was rude. In fact it was not until I had already posted that I realized that you were not the poster that had said learn to play in the first place.

I am tired of people bringing up things that concern them about specific mechanics and cards and inevitably one of the first two responses is something along the lines of "It is fine, you suck"

I understand, it gets annoying after a while.

03/10/2014 11:07 AMPosted by Irk
With UTH specifically there are many mechanic exploits that are exceedingly imbalanced that there really is no way to avoid no matter how skilled you are

I agree with this whole paragraph (I just quoted the start to save space). There are problems with removing Hounds, and those problems lie in the Hunters overall class cards and abilities. Apart from the OtK Beast Charge (with old UtH), and the new 'to the face' UtH, there hasn't really been a standout deck or playstyle for Hunters.

I don't really see Blizz tweaking the whole class, so I'm guessing we'll be stuck with limited playstyles for them. There are a few pretty nifty Mid Hunters rolling around, but I don't think it'll become as popular, and easy, as charge-face.
Edited by Pokey on 3/10/2014 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Rule One of Hearthstone:

Don't Overextend Yourself.

Just because you can fill up your side of the board does not mean you should.
Reply Quote
i'm not the one that went: omg you can't have 3 cards in your hand...

and then you added a card
and went now they are 4 cards..
then by me saying tracking which i have no single idea why can;t you set your combo with a tracking sadly in your universe you can't..

in total you made a 3 card combo in to a 5 card combo nice discussion... really nice.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]