Unleash the hounds card change

03/10/2014 11:21 AMPosted by Rust
Rule One of Hearthstone:

Don't Overextend Yourself.

Just because you can fill up your side of the board does not mean you should.

sometimes you have too.
Reply Quote
sometimes you have too.

But not always,of course.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:22 AMPosted by BKemperor
in total you made a 3 card combo in to a 5 card combo nice discussion... really nice.

There is also the odds of the combo card you want not coming with tracking.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:22 AMPosted by BKemperor
i'm not the one that went: omg you can't have 3 cards in your hand...

and then you added a card
and went now they are 4 cards..
then by me saying tracking which i have no single idea why can;t you set your combo with a tracking sadly in your universe you can't..

in total you made a 3 card combo in to a 5 card combo nice discussion... really nice.

You said: Leeroy+UtH+Timber+Tracking (to complete the combo).

That's 4 cards. In your deck you'll have 2x each of those cards, sans Leeroy. Go and make the Hunter deck and track how many times you have all those cards you mentioned in your hand (Leeroy/UtH/Timber). Come back and give me the numbers.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:29 AMPosted by HallenTur

are u saying bc your opponent wont always have the combo means its not overpowered
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:29 AMPosted by HallenTur

I have never once failed to combo UTH except when I did not need to for lethal.

UTH has synergy with so many cards that there is really no excuse not to combo them.
Reply Quote
are u saying bc

Srry,not good with typos.What's that?
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:30 AMPosted by Pokey
i'm not the one that went: omg you can't have 3 cards in your hand...

and then you added a card
and went now they are 4 cards..
then by me saying tracking which i have no single idea why can;t you set your combo with a tracking sadly in your universe you can't..

You said: Leeroy+UtH+Timber+Tracking (to complete the combo).

That's 4 cards. In your deck you'll have 2x each of those cards, sans Leeroy. Go and make the Hunter deck and track how many times you have all those cards you mentioned in your hand (Leeroy/UtH/Timber). Come back and give me the numbers.

You don't need all of them. UTH Buzzard is overpowerd alone. The rest are just gravy. And often overpowered as well.
Reply Quote
there are many other OP combos with hounds. Buzzard+hounds. Timber Wolf+Hounds. Knife Juggler+Hounds. Dire Wolf Alpha+Hounds. Buzzard+Timber+Hounds...
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 11:34 AMPosted by RioKamishiro
there are many other OP combos with hounds. Buzzard+hounds. Timber Wolf+Hounds. Knife Juggler+Hounds. Dire Wolf Alpha+Hounds. Buzzard+Timber+Hounds...

OP?, c'mon, get real. UTH is not OP unless that there's very specific circumnstances. What would you suggest to do with it? How would you nerf it to prevent it?
Reply Quote

OP?, c'mon, get real. UTH is not OP unless that there's very specific circumnstances. What would you suggest to do with it? How would you nerf it to prevent it?

I suggest the game gets a banlist and UTH becomes the first ever banned card.

also saying "OP? c'mon" is by no means proving that it isnt OP.
Edited by RioKamishiro on 3/10/2014 11:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 09:54 AMPosted by Robotcrusher
The best solution has not been mentioned in this thread.

It is to remove the "beast" tag from the hounds.

That way, they lose synergy with card draw and cheap buffs.

Five 1/1 minions with charge is not the issue. Its how easily this becomes five 3/1 beasts with charge AND draw five cards that is the issue.

^ This guy has it right, if it has too much synergy due to the beast tag, hit it there. no card draws, no wolf buffs. Instead they would have to get Raid Leader or something much more expensive and it breaks it down. It's pretty much supposed to be an arcane explosion but something was lost in the bonus', There isn't a single spell power item that is at cost 1 like timber wolf. There are just too many bonus' from the beast tag.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 03:44 PMPosted by ColonelK1
Considering how stupidly broken the card is right now, the least Blizzard can do is make the dogs only last 1 turn. Seems pretty simple to me.

That does not fix the card. Comboing UTH with Starving Buzzard for example, is potentially 4+ card draw. I've seen 2x starving buzzard then UTH played for 3 minions. That's 6 cards drawn in one turn. For only 6 mana. That is rather OP if you ask me.
Reply Quote
The baddies cried, but Blizzard denied.
Reply Quote
Make the hounds not a beast. Then they don't get beast buffs and you don't proc an absurd amount of card draw.
Reply Quote
Just like in WOW, huntards are still.....huntards

Seriously, change the mana cost to 3

4 is unplayable, 2 is too low and cheesy, make it 3.
Reply Quote

they would need to be buffed to at least 1/2 at the bare minimum if they lose charge

it also kills their primary purpose. UTH is meant to be Hunter's AOE. No Charge eliminates that feature.

Just change the mana to 3 i you need it changed.

It actually wouldn't. The hounds would deal it being attacked. If the opponent clears them with a spell it's 1:1. If they clear them with minions they'll be doing 1 damage to each, like Arcane Explosion.

Right now hounds can go to the face before they get cleared, giving them double the efficiency of AE. Of course this isn't to say you get 2x efficiency every time, which is why 4 mana is too high. Even at 3 mana, though, you limit hunters' card draw. If it's kept at 2 while removing charge it'll still maintain efficiency and synergy while also dealing with the to-the-face instant combo.

To compensate it for being another slow AoE like Explosive Trap, I think lowering the cost of Tundra Rhino would be best. 1/2 hounds also seems reasonable, to ensure they stick through an AoE counter, since going 1:1 with AE when you're trying to clear is a bit rough.
Edited by Oniyui on 3/10/2014 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Another option would be to add a new ability to them.
Charge, cannot attack enemy hero.

That way it could not be used for face rush, just to clear the board.
Edited by Vold on 3/10/2014 1:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
the people who complaine must play warloc and cant play anything else iam sure Screwd over by some dogs? stop spamming ur board and dont play rush marloc if u cant stand it cuz ur doing the same thing....
Reply Quote
Why not limit the amount of hounds ? Say 2 or 3, it's not just the effect of UTH & the combos it produces its the fact that you've got to severely restrict the amount of minions you play. If you don't draw decent removal and can't play many minions due to the uth threat you've got absolutely no chance.

One of the following might balance them:

1. Limit the amount of hounds to 2 or 3 and not one per enemy minion
2. Make them non beast.
3. Mana cost up to 3.
4. The dog's die at the end of the turn.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]