What do rogues hate most about Shamans?

Rogues are the class giving me the most problems with their bag of tricks. Instead of asking elsewhere, I wonder if the rogue community has any peeves about the shaman class and how we can mess your combos up.

The usual suspects
- Leeroy / Shadow step OTK
- Argent Commander / Shadow Step
- Combo double evis

At the lower levels, I thought mages were bad, but once I got to some decent rogues... WOW!

Are taunts really the solution to rogue combos? Should I try to flood the board more against your early control? Get more 2 for 1 creatures or big guys?

Thanks! I'll try miracle rogue once I get another 100-200 wins another my belt.
Reply Quote
Actually I only have a 33% win rate Vs shamans. I can't stand going up against them. Those removal spells make it almost impossible to get board control. As soon as I get any board presence, POOF here comes lightening. And that dam frog spell sucks too.
Reply Quote
02/21/2014 06:40 PMPosted by Bahumut
Actually I only have a 33% win rate Vs shamans. I can't stand going up against them. Those removal spells make it almost impossible to get board control. As soon as I get any board presence, POOF here comes lightening. And that dam frog spell sucks too.

yea, but the rogues I lose too don't need board presence. It's those OTK types. The creature rogues I can deal with comfortably, particularly since rogue creatures tend to be smallish.

P.S: Not complaining about the matchup, just the OTK combos.
Edited by Wilson on 2/21/2014 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote
ya the OTK combo was designed so rogues didn't have to compete for board presence in the first place the theory on how to beat the miracle rogue is to get lucky force the opponent to use his removal early and have at least one big taunt an then a few smaller taunts up by turn 10 don't worry about doing damage to the rogue if you know its a miracle rogue all you need to do is save your taunt creatures for the end and force the rogue do use cards he doesn't want to if you can survive the leeroy you win cause the rogue will be out of cards to kill you with an might even fatigue himself to death
Reply Quote
Basically you mean 2x taunts up at anytime right? Aside from the sheildmaster, everything seems to be too small or pure assassination bait.

This is my standard deck list: http://imgur.com/dwe0vpu

I am planning to make 2 changes to it, Stormaxe and something else, because I want to move up the mana curve. Current plan is to go 2 x Argent commander for pressure / board control... but I'm open. My main "OP-BS" beef is still with hunters UTH though... I find rogues more civil and skillful.
Reply Quote
If you make us waste assassinate and sap and then play your super big taunt its really hard for rogues
Reply Quote
Zenjin is the biggest taunt I will consider. Would Feral wolves work as well?
Reply Quote
Feral Wolves can be pretty annoying (and dangerous if you can buff them) but you have to get the Rogue to use Poison + Blade Fury on other minions first. 3 health minions (the stronger the offense the better) can be pretty good bait (if you get at least 2 on board) as leaving them on the board can result in some pretty nasty buffs.
Reply Quote
You either play aggro shaman or control.

In 1st scenario you go for the face all the time (you have spells to deal with it's creatures) and save ooze for assassin's blade or when he uses 2 poisons.
In 2nd scenario you need to play your taunts early (the earth elementals) because they have no way to remove them outside of super comboing and have an OTK yourself (big elemental with windfury & +2 atk totem or chain spells into his face etc).

There is no complete counter to anything (as in if you face said deck, you automatically win or lose no matter what). Sometimes rng plays in your favor sometimes in theirs, or simply the skill difference (when to clear board, when to commit to board, when to go for face, making good trades with cards, saving up cards etc) will determine who wins.
Reply Quote
I hate hate hate hate hate Feral Spirit.

And Fire Elementals.
Reply Quote
Shamans = lowest win % for me.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 07:20 PMPosted by Bahumut
Shamans = lowest win % for me.

Have you tried playing against aggro warriors? Really having a hard time against them.
Reply Quote
aggro warriors are tough, but I find them easier then Shamen. Just throw up a few taunts and head for the face. since aggro warrior decks usually ignore minions, I find well played taunts help my rogue out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]