Sacrificial Pact

A simple question to be asked: Why does everyone seem to hate SP so much? I use it in my deck and it's quite useful I have to admit. Whenever I'm on low hp levels I can just clear the board with some strong AoE and before that sacrifice one of my minions to get the healing which is critically needed at the moment. What's more, it's even more useful when you're playing Jaraxxus as a late-game strategy card. Since he can spam INFERNO!!! all day long losing an infernal is no big deal and 5hp is 1/3 of his total amount. SP also provides nice defense against priests 'copy-card' spells or even Mind Control. Not saying about Warlock mirror battles, when you can simply remove his minion off board and heal yourself in the same moment, using a totally free card. Killing Jaraxxus is also useful sometimes ^^.

I know it's not that great card, but aren't you all guys judging a bit too quickly? Think reasonable, it might need a buff, but the idea isnt that bad I guess.
Reply Quote
Kinda greed with you. I always put this card at least 1 SP for emergency heal. There were once opponent copy my Dread Infernal with Faceless, i got free 5 health by use SP, its kinda funny to watch.

Not sure why people hate it, maybe because if you dont have many Demons in your deck, its kinda useless. I dont think its kinda useless if you have sense demon card. I once saw this Warlock use sense demon, drawing two useless imps and use two SP for full 10 hp heal, make me say "Well Play".
Reply Quote
Decks that use Demons are usually rushy decks which means the 5 HP are irrelevant. The Handlock doesn't use any kind of Demon besides Jaraxxus which means SP is kinda useless too. Rather run 2 Earthen Ring which at least also give you 3/3 minions .
Edited by Serp on 2/22/2014 6:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'm playing 'something like' handlock and I've got 2 voidwalkers and 2 infernals in my deck, so I find SP quite useful emergency heal. I've got Earthen Ring as well, so it's just kind of bonus healing.
Reply Quote
It always costs at least 1 mana and 2 cards, which effectively makes it cost 3 mana to gain 3 health.

There can be a few places it is useful but those are far outnumbered by the times it just sits in your hand being worthless. Plus, if you're playing a Priest you can pretty much be guaranteed he'll steal it from you and use it on you if you play Jax.
Reply Quote
It is essentially a Lock hate card (meaning that it is useful against enemy Warlocks, but no one else)
Reply Quote
02/23/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Zoid
It always costs at least 1 mana and 2 cards, which effectively makes it cost 3 mana to gain 3 health.

Usually but not always.

It's nice on Imp Master's Imps, or as mentioned before on the Worthless Imps.
And yeah on an opponent's Faceless Manipulator'd Dread Infernal.

02/23/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Zoid
There can be a few places it is useful but those are far outnumbered by the times it just sits in your hand being worthless. Plus, if you're playing a Priest you can pretty much be guaranteed he'll steal it from you and use it on you if you play Jax.

Yeah it's not that great of a card, at least not in the best decks.
I still think that it's somewhat underrated, though.

Also I've actually had a Priest go Jaraxxus, with me then using Sacrificial Pact on them...
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 02:00 PMPosted by Bartop
A simple question to be asked: Why does everyone seem to hate SP so much?

Maybe they have Jaraxxus, and want other warlocks to think SP sucks.
Reply Quote
can we all just agree that it is better then blood sail corsair?
Reply Quote
Honestly SP would be more useful if demon cards weren't so useless (in general). The reason why SP sucks now is because almost all demon cards (at least not the one cost ones) suck.

If your deck is full of demon cards, then SP is actually incredibly strong, because there are so many ways to render demons (or any minion in general) 'useless' (reducing its health to 1, attack to 1, silence, it gets down to 1 health etc etc), then this is where SP shines.
Reply Quote
People miss the point of SP. Its 1 of 2 demon synergy cards and its better than demonfire by far.

Imp Master 1/5 that has Pally power - sac these
Jarraxxus 15 health? Summons demons for 2 mana? Np, sac them.
Useless blood imp on turn 8? 5 health.

Downfalls? Plenty, you lose 1-2 slots of your deck for this potentially useless card throughout the match. You could have it mind-visioned or thought stolen, and generally fighting priest stops you from using jar entirely.

Overall i always carry 2 of these in my demon-control. I stall until i double molten giant/argus then drop jaraxxus next. If that isnt smooth i have these heals to keep me alive as its usually hit or miss with jarraxxus.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 08:01 PMPosted by deteego
Honestly SP would be more useful if demon cards weren't so useless (in general). The reason why SP sucks now is because almost all demon cards (at least not the one cost ones) suck.

The reason SP is not useful is because there aren't enough demons outside warlock's arsenal to use on. And even Illidan is bad.
Demons don't suck, they just have different play styles. I can play constructive with blood imps, rushy with pitlord/flame imp, or crazy bulky stuff like doomguard/dread infernal.
There's more to warlock than handlocks giants and zoo rushes.
Maybe.
Edited by Tzomb on 6/13/2014 2:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Illi

06/12/2014 10:13 PMPosted by Tzomb
02/28/2014 08:01 PMPosted by deteego

The reason SP is not useful is because there aren't enough demons outside warlock's arsenal to use on. And even Illidan is bad.
Demons don't suck, they just have different play styles. I can play constructive with blood imps, rushy with pitlord/flame imp, or crazy bulky stuff like doomguard/dread infernal.
There's more to warlock than handlocks giants and zoo rushes.
Maybe.

Illidan isn't bad, I'm running a demon deck at the moment and getting decent win/loss using him. Also running sense demons in this deck, its fun and completely different than the current meta locks.

In truth, i don't feel there are any 'bad cards' in this game IMO, jSP is one of those cards that people don't want to build decks around. Its also one of those cards that is too situational for arena, its not a bad card at all its just one of those cards that you tend to sit waiting to play instead of being able to play it whenever you want. There's lots of cards that increase the value of SP such as power overwhelming - whack the face and SP it before it dies, or imp master, using SP on one if the 1-1 imps is of no big deal and can be a good trade.

Those who just agree cards such as SP are terrible cards normally are the people who don't play any other decks than what is currently trending, In a month who knows, SP could be the new card to run because Trump suddenly starts to run it.

Just my honest opinion :)
Edited by Hindsenburg on 6/13/2014 5:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]