Sac. Pact: Kill friendly minion, draw 2 cards

Right now Sacrificial Pact is garbage except against other warlocks and Jaraxxus. If instead it were targeted on all friendly minions and draw 2 cards, it would be much more versatile. Essentially it is a naturalize for 0 mana used on friendly minions.

Sacrificial Pact
0 mana
Destroy a friendly minion. Draw 2 cards.
Reply Quote
I dissagree, Sacrificial Pact is very important part of my current control deck and I want it to stay as it is.

You just need to know when and how to use it. First of all (which may seem odd to you) I have no demons in deck, except Jaraxxus, Voidwalkers and Infernals. The most important thing is to keep the control of the table, reach lategame, wait till my enemy wipes out of his cards and throw down a Molten Giant and Jaraxxus when it's safe enough. From then I can use SP to heal myself (cuz max of 15 hp isn't very much) and it works pretty fine, cause I can spam limitless infernals.

What's more, SP is pretty useful tool against other warlocks and Jaraxxus as you've already noticed. And the other two things are: Illidian Stormrage (also a demon ^^) and Priest's Mind Control, Mindvision and Thoughtsteal.

If you do not plan to use SP in one of these ways just throw it out of your deck and have fun without it. As I said - it's quite useful at the moment and it needs no fixing. Maybe a slight buff - 6 or 7 health would be nice.

The card that actually needs a 'draw cards' feature is Bane of Doom. The randomized effect of summoning 'not that great' demons is a little bit too little reward for using it.
Edited by Bartop on 2/22/2014 1:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
Sac Pact:

Sacrifice a friendly Demon. Gain armor equal to its toughness and draw a card.
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 01:42 PMPosted by Bartop
I dissagree, Sacrificial Pact is very important part of my current control deck and I want it to stay as it is.

You just need to know when and how to use it. First of all (which may seem odd to you) I have no demons in deck, except Jaraxxus, Voidwalkers and Infernals. The most important thing is to keep the control of the table, reach lategame, wait till my enemy wipes out of his cards and throw down a Molten Giant and Jaraxxus when it's safe enough. From then I can use SP to heal myself (cuz max of 15 hp isn't very much) and it works pretty fine, cause I can spam limitless infernals.

What's more, SP is pretty useful tool against other warlocks and Jaraxxus as you've already noticed. And the other two things are: Illidian Stormrage (also a demon ^^) and Priest's Mind Control, Mindvision and Thoughtsteal.

If you do not plan to use SP in one of these ways just throw it out of your deck and have fun without it. As I said - it's quite useful at the moment and it needs no fixing. Maybe a slight buff - 6 or 7 health would be nice.

The card that actually needs a 'draw cards' feature is Bane of Doom. The randomized effect of summoning 'not that great' demons is a little bit too little reward for using it.

I can't believe you run Sac Pact in a Jaraxus deck! Virtually all priests run Thoughtsteal, and a fair number run Mind Vision. If they get Sac Pact in their hand you can guarantee they're gonna wait until Jarax comes out before they use it. You're keeping a card in your deck that causes you to lose.

I'm a bit skeptical about the Molten Giants as well, without knowing the rest of your deck at least. After Jarax is out you can't cast them anymore. Seems like you're very optimistic about drawing the right thing at the right time.

Anyway, I like Requiem's idea.
Reply Quote
SP is a great card with Sense Demon. I once play with this Warlock use it for heal in just 5 Mana. Basically he didnt use any demon at all (maybe for him Demons are useless?)
3 Sense Demon > 1 Useless Imp > 1 Useless Imp > 0 SP > 0SP, making him heal 10 hp with just 5 Mana. He got my "Well play" emote.
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 06:16 PMPosted by RytoNazrul
3 Sense Demon > 1 Useless Imp > 1 Useless Imp > 0 SP > 0SP, making him heal 10 hp with just 5 Mana. He got my "Well play" emote.

Yeah, 5 mana and 3 cards for 10 hp, well played.
Reply Quote
02/22/2014 06:24 PMPosted by Serefina

Yeah, 5 mana and 3 cards for 10 hp, well played.

YEAH 5 mana and 3 of your cards for 10 hp lolz lolz lolz. You're a fool and blow. Nice one giving up both board control and card advantage for 10hp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]