New-ish player, seeking advice
Relatively new player, picked up 120 packs off store from old B.Net balance, and another 10 or so from coins. Got relatively lucky (I think) with a few cards. Right now, I have:
(4) Old Murk-Eye (using Murlock deck atm)
(5) Captain Greenskin
(6) Gelbin Mekkatorque (shop gift)
(9) Nozdormu (got 2 of these, DE'd one)
Was using Basic Lock deck till about 20 ish, then got the Murk-Eye. I have 3300 Dust. Was wondering what's the best cards to craft to create a warlock control or mid control/aggro deck. I know Murlock is fun, but it should not stay that good in the grand scheme of things - just trying to make a fall-back plan!
The decks I've had problems against (or lost against): Mage decks with high spells + lots of aoe (expected), rogue combo decks (met 2 that had similar decks - not sure if that's a deck type or not), and warriors with lots of taunt / enrage / weapons.
Granted, don't have a lot of xp under my belt but that's my first impression through about 10-12 games or so. Any help would be really appreciated! <3
Thanks! I've been reading up, and many are debating Jaraxxus vs. Alex. Any pros/cons for either?
I read that Alex give you and you opponent 15 hp, no matter high or low. Let say you have 8 hp left, opponent Shaman have 28, Alexs card give both 15 hp max. This apply to Warrior armor also.
Big J is changing you hero, give him 15 Hp, 3/8 Blood Fury weapon and 2 mana Power 6/6 Infernal. Some say this is op, some say Big J need a buff.
Personally i didnt have Alexs, i got Lord Jaxx on my 2nd 100 gold (which make me really happy btw). So my suggest craft Lord Jaraxxus for warlock deck, maybe you can craft Alexstraza as well to try it. :)
- limitless 6/6 infernals for 2 mana (incredibly cheap)
- 3/8 weapon which is one of the best weapons in game (hardly countered by Harrison Jones or Swamp Ooze, but it's worth the risk)
- the infernals often give you hell'o board control so you basically win the game quite quickly after
- nice combo with Twisting Nether (play Jarax and next turn, when your opponent has already some minions - Twisting Nether and INFERNO!!!, since it costs you only 2 mana. Clear board and a free 6/6 minion on your side)
- cool emotes :D
- 9 mana for setting your max health at 15 is quite much, it gives your opponent a free turn
- ....so you need to have board control already or the board has to be clean at least to play Jarax
- be careful while playing vs another Warlock (sacrificial pact costs 0 and kills Jaraxxus) or Priest (cause he can copy your SP if you have it in your deck)
- your max health is 15 so it means that you no longer can be healed to something above that and playing Motlen Giants is hard as hell from this moment
- some players will likely hold their burst damage when they see a Warlock to crush him down while he plays Jaraxxus, so be careful. Before playing him you must make sure that your opponent cannot quickly burst you down
- nice heal without setting your max health at 15, so you can be still healed above this amount
- if you have enough damage on board (which is rarely seen, but it's possible) you can set your enemy's health at 15 and finish him off
- after the heal you can still nicely play Molten Giants
- it's not 'wasting a turn' what you basicaly do to play Jarax, cause you have a 8/8 minion on board
- it's no 'long-range' action, she can be hardly countered by some sort of 'kill-spell', which doesn't work on Jaraxxus
- it's only a minion, which can be killed pretty easly even without powerful spells
That's pretty much it. I know that it looks like Jaraxxus is useless or something but if you think like that, you're mistaken. It's really a great card, which won many games for me so I highly recommend him as a late-game tool. You just need to consider when and how to use him for the best results.
I haven't use Alex though, so it will be better if someone who played them both told you which one is better (I would say - craft'em both, cause they can practically work even in the same deck quite well) ;)
Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.