Boycotting this game until Hunters are nerfed

Not spending another penny or another second on this game. Tired of seeing Hunters EVERY SINGLE MATCH. Who's with me?
Reply Quote
I say this with 100% sincerity and intending to help a fellow HS gamer.

If you never win when you face a hunter, the problem is not hunter's, it's PEBKAC.
Reply Quote
Agreee with OP
!!
its not fun to play casually vs hunters
Reply Quote
0/10, won't read again. WoW forums are -----------> way trolls.
Reply Quote
Youve got issues if you cant beat hunters
Reply Quote
apparantly the concept of taunts, heals and not over playing to many minions...is lost on some people

the rush decks are 40/60 at best vs players that have a clue

the only reason they get in to the high ranks is because they can win streak in that lucky 40% area and rnak up fast as games with them typically are fast

if they removed win streaking then most rush hunters would never make it high enough
Reply Quote
Sytar, look at just a few of the top posts in the Hunter forums that say things like "Got to legendary with this one cheap rush deck!" or "90% win rate with this cheap rush deck".
Reply Quote
It's not hunters, it's charge minions.
Reply Quote
02/28/2014 09:31 PMPosted by Grim
Sytar, look at just a few of the top posts in the Hunter forums that say things like "Got to legendary with this one cheap rush deck!" or "90% win rate with this cheap rush deck".

Don't believe everything you hear/read... All those people who claim to have 90% win rate with anything are either exaggerating or outright lying...
Reply Quote
1000+ wins in, ranked 3 last season, 15 years playing MTG.

I'd love to see how many people complain about Hunter lol.
It definitely feels like a problem class and probably because of unleash the hounds.

I feel the solution to almost every complaint on this board is to introduce a neutral targeted discard.

Since they only make creatures at neutral, it could be one with a battlecry that lets you look at opponent's hand and make them discard something. Maybe a reverse gnomish inventor that can only target spells and not minions.
Reply Quote
It definitely feels like a problem class and probably because of unleash the hounds.

Problem is PEBKAC

03/01/2014 09:21 AMPosted by poxpower
I feel the solution to almost every complaint on this board is to introduce a neutral targeted discard.

Pretty sure Blizz is not going to add "forced" discards any time soon. Lock Discards are probably the only style of discard they will do, other than over-max hand size.
Edited by Verdash on 3/1/2014 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
What makes you think they won't have discard as a mechanic in their game?
Reply Quote
03/01/2014 09:54 PMPosted by poxpower
What makes you think they won't have discard as a mechanic in their game?

Back in Open Beta, I swear I read some Blue posts claiming that forced Discards (meaning you forcing opponent to discard) were "unfun" in their mind, and they weren't adding them to HS "at this time" (standard caveat they always include).
Reply Quote
To be honest, Hunters are probably my easiest matchup. relying on synergies that are easily played around and thier moves are easily predicted.

Off topic: Forced discards can be very fun for the person playing and would allow for combo decks to be played in this game and to be interacted with (which means more possibilities). just need to add some deck manipulation as well and it would become a very interesting game of combo protect vs discard. while having a good application vs control and aggro matchups.
Reply Quote
Random things are far far more unfun than forced discard and many cards in heartstone do something random that completely changes the game.
For instance, the card Mad Bomber is an endlessly frustrating card for both players but you have no choice to play is since it's so strong.

This is far worse design than unleash the hounds and can't be fixed simply with a discard effect, sadly.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 09:26 AMPosted by poxpower
Random things are far far more unfun than forced discard and many cards in heartstone do something random that completely changes the game.
For instance, the card Mad Bomber is an endlessly frustrating card for both players but you have no choice to play is since it's so strong.

That's your opinion. I would rather be subjective to Mad Bomber style effects (i.e. RNG) rather than being forced to lose a card from my hand.

The difference, from my point of view, is I still got to "play" in the RNG case, in the Discard case, you are just removing my play options, rather than countering them.
Reply Quote
I have no problem with hunters.
Reply Quote
03/06/2014 08:36 AMPosted by Verdash

The difference, from my point of view, is I still got to "play" in the RNG case, in the Discard case, you are just removing my play options, rather than countering them.

No you didn't get to "play", the game decided for you what would happen.

Discard is a healthy mechanic for a card game. It's the same as removing minions, but from the hand instead.

Currently in HS there is a huge lack of interactivity regarding spells. There's very very few cards that can deal with spells and they suck ( counterspell.. spell bender.... wtf ). This makes things like hex an auto-include in every shaman deck. You will always, always always play hex. There is no drawback to playing it as nothing can deal with it. It will, at some point, get something good.

The existence of discard also means that you can design way crazier and potentially powerful cards and never worry about having to nerf or tweak them because people can just run actual answers to them. This enables way more decks and cards in the long run and makes the game as a whole a lot deeper.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 11:25 AMPosted by poxpower
No you didn't get to "play", the game decided for you what would happen.

I played a card with volatile results.
You forcing me to discard, means I didn't get to play.

There is a distinction.

Discard is a healthy mechanic for a card game. It's the same as removing minions, but from the hand instead.

That depends, I have ran into many decks in my (MtG) time that do a pretty good job of locking you down utilizing discard, resource locking, and other similar mechanics not present in HS. For HS, they would rather you play, instead of being stuck with draw & pass because you got locked down.

It could work, but I see it working more as an "additional cost", rather than an offensive tool.

Currently in HS there is a huge lack of interactivity regarding spells. There's very very few cards that can deal with spells and they suck ( counterspell.. spell bender.... wtf ). This makes things like hex an auto-include in every shaman deck. You will always, always always play hex. There is no drawback to playing it as nothing can deal with it. It will, at some point, get something good.

There is interaction, it just isn't direct. As you said, that Shaman will play Hex (or at least, almost always). You job is to get him to Hex something else, other than your big shiny toy (or have multiple of those).

The existence of discard also means that you can design way crazier and potentially powerful cards and never worry about having to nerf or tweak them because people can just run actual answers to them.

You mean like BGH and Rag? Discard mechanics are nowhere near that level of counter play. I know there is a Rag on board, I don't know that you have the nuke bomb in your hand.

You also should never design crazy/powerful cards who are balanced only because a specific set of cards exists. There are very few cards in HS with only limited answers too. Not all answers are best, but there are generally multiple answers available.
Reply Quote

That depends, I have ran into many decks in my (MtG) time that do a pretty good job of locking you down utilizing discard, resource locking, and other similar mechanics not present in HS. For HS, they would rather you play, instead of being stuck with draw & pass because you got locked down.

There's all kinds of decks in magic, which is the point. With flexible answers you get to design flexible threats.

There is interaction, it just isn't direct. As you said, that Shaman will play Hex (or at least, almost always). You job is to get him to Hex something else, other than your big shiny toy (or have multiple of those).

Right but that slows the game down to a grind.

Even a simple "look at target player's hand' spell / minion would do wonders for this game rather than forcing people to simply assume they have every card always, as it stands now.

There are very few cards in HS with only limited answers too. Not all answers are best, but there are generally multiple answers available.

Those are for minions only, not spells.

The reason people complain about hounds and flamestrike so much is because they feel they can't do anything about them. And they are right to an extent. You can only play around them, never answer them.

Anyway, it's still early in the game's history but I hope they create answers for spells at some point.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]