Rank 9 - Legend w/ Miracle Rogue (Long)

While the miracle deck is fun to play in casual. When I play it in rank it is a bit depressing. I have about 50 games under my belt with the deck in ranked and only a 32% win rate. I dropped from rank 14 to rank 20 playing the miracle deck, the bottom of the barrel.

Now I'm a pretty bad player in general no matter which class I play I do very poorly, My best deck only has a 58% win rate. All my other decks are below 50% with miracle at the bottom at 32% win rate. I think this guide is great and I'm sure far better and more skilled players then me can make this work but I do not have the skill to apply it in ranked. Casual no prob, but the ranked players are much better players, and this deck, for me, does very poorly.

One thing I think bad players like me struggle with, I only play my hand in front of my for this turn only. I find my self rarely thinking a turn a head or what my opponent can play next. And frankly I do not feel I have the skills to think like that during the game. I never know what to play and when, or what cards to hold onto or not to hold onto, and what usually ends up happening to me no matter which deck I play is my opponent gets massive board advantages on me, kills off all my minions and then the board spirals out of control as they play yetis and ogers and other massive health minions and then I just usually quit because I have no way to win after that. I have played over 600 games and I have barely improved from the first day I started playing. I even have every card in the game and no matter what deck I construct or what class I play I can not get above rank 14.
Basically I realized I'm terrible at this game.
Reply Quote
Sry but u lost me on 4 legend part...

zewoop
Reply Quote
Curious -- how far did you go with this deck before the ladder reset?
Reply Quote
Just lost to a priest, sitting with two 8+ health taunters on turn 5. Not sure how you are supposed to handle that.
Reply Quote
How are you playing this deck in the current meta with the extreme rush down decks, like Murloc or all the decks with 1 and 2 cost aggro minions, juggler, leaper gnome, abusive serg. ect...

Im getting killed playing this deck. I have been following your advice on how to play the deck and how to mulligan Vs different classes ect but my win rate is Below 30%. To me this type of deck right now is only good in casual, I do much better with my minion rogue which has the ability to put on early pressure or control if need be, and in the current meta I find this to work better. Again, I would love to play miracle rogue in ranked as I really enjoy the deck, but it just does not work at all for me against all the insane rush to face decks out there,
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 03:50 PMPosted by Bahumut
How are you playing this deck in the current meta with the extreme rush down decks, like Murloc or all the decks with 1 and 2 cost aggro minions, juggler, leaper gnome, abusive serg. ect...

Im getting killed playing this deck. I have been following your advice on how to play the deck and how to mulligan Vs different classes ect but my win rate is Below 30%. To me this type of deck right now is only good in casual, I do much better with my minion rogue which has the ability to put on early pressure or control if need be, and in the current meta I find this to work better. Again, I would love to play miracle rogue in ranked as I really enjoy the deck, but it just does not work at all for me against all the insane rush to face decks out there,

First off, the Miracle Rogue decks are considered to be a high difficulty deck, and you have said it time, and time again, that you are not that good of a player. You also said you "own all the cards in the game", but if I can recall you also said you have never been lower than rank 10. So it's not the decks that are failing you, but your own skill and knowledge in Hearthstone.

Having said that, it is not impossible to become a better player. Trading card games are not always dependent on the cards you own. TCGs are more about having a strategy and making educated decisions about how to play. You will only get this sense from experience and playing lots and lots of games, and lots of different kinds of decks (fast paced, slow paced, control, etc).

I say step away from the Miracle Rogue style of deck for the time being and work on your playstyle and your Hearthstone reasoning. Take decklists for decks that are easier to play and are more straightforward in how you handle situations. I promise you, after many years of playing many TCGs, this is how you become a better player.
Edited by Dgenerate on 3/4/2014 4:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 04:31 PMPosted by Dgenerate
you also said you have never been lower than rank 10.

Actually the highest rank I achieved was 12.

You are correct, I do not consider myself a very good player at this game, although I hear having a win rate above 50% is average so I guess I am an average player as apposed to a poor player like I originally thought.

I do not wish to give up on the rogue, it is my favorite class, but right now I can not get above rank 20 with it, and last season I made it to rank 12. This season I have tried minion heavy, spell power, weapon, miracle and all types of variants with my cards, but I keep getting crushed. Then I pull out my druid gain 5 ranks then switch back to my rogue and go back to rank 20.

I really want to play rogue as my main, but I am at a loss this season.

Thought maybe I would post my current minion deck. I enjoy this deck and know it well, Normally I do decent with this deck, but this season having a tough go at it,
BS x2
CB x1
DP x2
Argent Squire x2
Evic x2
Shiv x2
Blood mage T
Nat Pagle
Blade Flurry x1
Van cleef
Harvest Golem x2
SI7 x2
Tinkmaster
Dark Iron Dwarf x2
DOA x1
Assassins Blade x1
Leeroy
Azure Drake x2
Argent Commander x2
Black knight
Edited by Bahumut on 3/4/2014 5:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I made this deck last night and without a doubt it is super fun to play, and works quite well too. Thanks!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]