Nerf force of nature/savage roar pls

If you have less than 20 hp @ turn 9 then it's GG. Basically, if the druid has 2 creatures with more than 2 attack @ turn 9 and they play these two cards then without heavy taunt the game is over. Even with taunt, a lot of druids run 2 of each of these cards in their deck.

So much for the 'we don't like OTK' humbug espoused by blizzard.
Reply Quote
3 x 2/2
2 x 2/2

With only force of nature and x2 2/2's would do 10 dmg. Savage roar doubles this, and adds 2 dmg to druid attack. 22 dmg in turn 9 from x2 2/2's, nothing else on board. Fix it pls.

Before you say 'run taunt heavy decks', I do. So...
Edited by Steele on 2/25/2014 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
If they don't fix it in the next patch then I'll run a druid. This bonanza is just too imbalanced to miss
Reply Quote
Most druids don't run more than 1 savage roar/FoN, so IDK where ur getting that from.

Most classes have combos that deal 20+dmg, doesn't make them OTK.

Huntards can roll out leeroy, UTH, timber wolf, hero ability.
Rogues can do the van cleef + other minion w/ cold blood and stealth them giving them a pair of 10 damage minions you cant remove.
Shamans have bloodlust.
Mages can freeze u (frostbolt/water ele attack), double icelance, fireball (add more in there w/ sorc apprentice or make more effective w/ spell power
Reply Quote
it's pretty nasty, but what about
Rogue's Leeroy Cold Bloodx2, Shadowstep Leeroy, replay Leeroy. that's 20 damage.
I've seen ACTUAL OTKs from Shamans, heck i've done it
Ravenholdt Assasin + Rockbiterx2 + Windfury + Abusive Sergeant(Assasin is played the turn before, but is incredibly difficult to remove due to stealth.
Edited by Athieol on 2/25/2014 9:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
Each class needs to have a burst combo available. You can't expect just to trade minion damage to face, with the taunts and all crowd control available in game, you need to create / take advantage of windows of opportunity to deal a massive hit or seal the deal.

I play control lock and warrior, and while I focus on getting to turn 10 to play my big guns, I can't delay it for more than 4-5 turns from that point, if I don't win my opponent wins. That's why most control decks include some charging creatures or epics with special abilities that allows them to combo for a good amount of damage (ie: Alexstraza into burst next round etc).
Reply Quote
I think there are no more OTK in the game currently.

Yes of course there are hard hitting combo's, but thats nothing limited to the druid

Leeroy combo'd well can do massive damage (without enemy taunts)
Rogue: 26 damage to the face
Hunter: 18 damage to the face
Warrior: 18 damage to the face
Paladin: 18 damage to the face
Shaman: 28 damage to the face

As noted by others here. Every class can do a big combo burst damage. With just Leeroy and without too much tinkering you can do similair. I dont see any problem with this combo. Yes its frustrating, better luck next time.
Reply Quote
Im surprised actually people do not use 2 and 2. With innervates you can mill through your deck like MIracle Rogue and shoot for this combo.

Cheers,
CC-
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 03:08 AMPosted by Elmarc

Yes of course there are hard hitting combo's, but thats nothing limited to the druid

As noted by others here. Every class can do a big combo burst damage. With just Leeroy and without too much tinkering you can do similair. I dont see any problem with this combo. Yes its frustrating, better luck next time.

There are at least 3 OTK combos that I know of (Mage has one with spells and Sorcerors Apprentice, Shaman has one with Windfury, Leeroy, Warlock can do it with Power Overwhelming, Soul Fire and Arcane Golems). I think Rogue can do it as well, but I can't remember the exact cards used.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 09:22 AMPosted by Raptarius

There are at least 3 OTK combos that I know of (Mage has one with spells and Sorcerors Apprentice, Shaman has one with Windfury, Leeroy, Warlock can do it with Power Overwhelming, Soul Fire and Arcane Golems). I think Rogue can do it as well, but I can't remember the exact cards used.

Could you list them? Because I don't think they're OTKs.
Reply Quote

When you already have minions on your board that can deal or have dealt damage and you're doing a buff/charge afterwards to the opponents face and kill him, that's not OTK. OTK is when you have clear board state and do 30 damage in a single turn, which is afaik, not possible now.
Reply Quote
Most classes do not have 20+ dmg capabilities...Only mages, hunters, druids, and locks. And Druids are the only ones who have no downside, only require 2 cards that don't even need 10 mana to pull off. Their combo is beyond broken and needs a serious tuning down. If you say otherwise, then you must main a Druid.
Reply Quote
I do main a Druid!

How do you do 20+ damage with a Druid using only 2 cards and 9 mana? FoN+Savage Roar does 14, any more than that requires another card and, unless you double Innervate out a Druid of the Claw (generally the only charge creature in a Druid deck), requires a minion to be on the board already from the previous turn. If you expand the criteria to having a card or two on the board already with no enemy taunts up then I doubt a single class doesn't have the ability to do 20+ damage in a turn pretty easily with the right cards in hand.

Oh, and you're saying Rogues can't do 20 or more damage in a single turn from an empty board? That's a pretty obvious one to miss. Priests can too by the way, so can Paladins. Warriors I'll give you, best I can come up with from a quick look is 14 with an empty board and no weapon equipped. But give any class a good minion on the board already or the right other cards in hand (like Druid needs to do 20+ in a turn) and the possibilities are many.

So no, it isn't broken. It requires the right two cards in hand that are of limited use without the combo, no taunts on the board, and 9 mana. It is strong, obviously, but there's no magic Druid wand we're waving that says "Hey, presto, you're dead at 20 health!"
Reply Quote
FoN+Savage Roar is not OP, it's a 14 damage combo for 2 cards and 9 mana. Many classes are capable of similar feats. Now if you start adding cards like already having minions on board than the same can be said for other classes too to enable similar combos. Besides, Druids don't run any 2/2 minions but I guess you can use Keepers of the Grove or something since their 2 attack minions, but than why would your opponent let you keep 2 Keepers of the Grove in the first place? Even without the FoN+Savage Roar combo it's foolish to not clear your opponent's board if you can, and if you can't clear a pair of Keepers of the Grove by turn 7-9 than there's something seriously wrong with your deck.

So don't threaten anyone, play Druid yourself if you want and get your behind handed to you by Handlocks and Control Warriors. We really don't need your foolish mindless whining.
Reply Quote
I hit for 58 today Warrior had about 35/40 hp from armor, has a ton of cards and drops a ysera, my board is a

5/5 drake,
2/3 argus
3/4 harvest golem.

I double savaged/fon with an innervate.

58 damage.
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 04:13 PMPosted by Syn
Most classes do not have 20+ dmg capabilities...Only mages, hunters, druids, and locks. And Druids are the only ones who have no downside, only require 2 cards that don't even need 10 mana to pull off. Their combo is beyond broken and needs a serious tuning down. If you say otherwise, then you must main a Druid.

Priest can do 28 damage in one turn. Requires 5 cards to pull it off, but its still possible if your opponent is asleep.

Stormwind Knight, Power Word: Shield, Divine Spirit, Divine Spirit, Inner Fire.

Boom, 28 damage with a charge minion. Doubt it'd be very easy to pull off in a actual game though.

There's other cards you can do that with, but Stormwind Knights the only high health charge minion that I know of, which without the charge its not really an OTK move.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 12:53 PMPosted by nix

When you already have minions on your board that can deal or have dealt damage and you're doing a buff/charge afterwards to the opponents face and kill him, that's not OTK. OTK is when you have clear board state and do 30 damage in a single turn, which is afaik, not possible now.

It is actually possible, though it takes a lot of cards and 10 mana as a Rogue. Here is how it goes:
Leeroy(4)+Preparation(0)+Eviscerate(0)+Cold Blood(1)+Preparation(0)+Cold Blood(0)+Faceless Manipulator(5) for (6+4+4)x2+4=32 damage. Or you can do Leeroy(4)+Shadowstep(0)+Leeroy(2)+Shadowstep(0)+Leeroy(2)+Cold Blood(1)+Cold Blood(1)+Preparation(0)+Eviscerate(0)+Preparation(0)+Eviscerate(0) for 6+6+6+4+4+4+4=34 damage. No other class can pull it off though and even for Rogues these combos aren't feasible at all as it requires so many cards as well as 10 mana.
Edited by OwlRaider on 5/20/2014 5:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 08:38 PMPosted by OwlRaider
No other class can pull it off though and even for Rogues these combos aren't feasible at all as it requires so many cards as well as 10 mana.

Mages also have an OTK:

Sorc Apprentice (2)
Sorc Apprentice (2)
Kobold Geomancer (2)
Fireball (2) = 7 damage
Fireball (2) = 7 damage
Frost Bolt (0) = 4 damage
Frost Bolt (0) = 4 damage
Ice Lance (0) = 5 damage
Ice Lance (0) = 5 damage

9 cards, 10 mana, 32 damage
Reply Quote
Many classes have combinations like this.

You could probably think about removing the +2 damage on the Hero, so the combination does 2 damage less.

But first you should balance Goblin Auctioneer (for example: "Every time you cast a spell that costs mana, draw a card") and this Leeroy+Anything !@#$, it's boring. Leeroy + Double Cold Blood costs 6 Mana for 14 Damage, every Shadowstep for 2 Mana adds 6 Damage...

and some other stuff to balance first...
Edited by BeFoRe on 5/21/2014 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ooh are we doing OTKs?

for druid:
Force of Nature (6)
Bluegill Warrior (2)
Innervate (-2)
Innervate (-2)
Savage Roar (3)
Savage Roar (3)
Moonfire (0)
Moonfire (0)

Giving 6 damage from each of the 4 minions on the board, 4 from the hero and 2 from moonfire. A grand total of 30. Only uses 8 cards too.

If anyone ever manages to pull this off I will be mightily impressed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]