Nerf force of nature/savage roar pls

Even priest can deal insane damage with their spells. I recently lost a game to a turn 5 14/14 lightspawn (Lightspawn on turn 4 and PW: Shield and Divine Spirit turn 5) on the board since I lacked removal.
Edited by Atlas on 5/25/2014 7:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Damn druids actually run two sav/force? I was unaware of this. I knew that token ran two savage roars but that's it. I wonder what would happen if I had two sav roars and two forces in my hand at once before turn 9? Oh wait its probably an instant loss because I cant play anything. Your opponents must be geniuses.
Reply Quote
Warrior

Raging Worgen-3 mana
Inner Ragex2-0 mana
Rampagex2-4 mana
Cruel Taskmaster-2 mana
Charge-0 mana

9 mana 32 damage
Reply Quote
05/24/2014 11:56 PMPosted by kalli
Ooh are we doing OTKs?

for druid:
Force of Nature (6)
Bluegill Warrior (2)
Innervate (-2)
Innervate (-2)
Savage Roar (3)
Savage Roar (3)
Moonfire (0)
Moonfire (0)

Giving 6 damage from each of the 4 minions on the board, 4 from the hero and 2 from moonfire. A grand total of 30. Only uses 8 cards too.

If anyone ever manages to pull this off I will be mightily impressed.

Especially since ppl don't generally play bluegill warrior, nor has Moonfire been seen in a non token based druid deck, at least not competitively.
Reply Quote
05/25/2014 07:33 AMPosted by Atlas
Even priest can deal insane damage with their spells. I recently lost a game to a turn 5 14/14 lightspawn (Lightspawn on turn 4 and PW: Shield and Divine Spirit turn 5) on the board since I lacked removal.

Buffing a Lightspawn or using Inner Fire combos are the boring way with Priest. The fun way is to use Prophet Valen, Mind Blast, Coin, Mind Blast. Or more fun, Prophet Valen on one turn and then next turn Faceless Manipulator, Mind Blast, Mind Blast for 40 damage.
Reply Quote
As mentioned before, every class has some sort of OP combination of cards, most of which cannot be easily solved without drastically changing a card. The warrior Raging Worgen + 2x Inner Rage + Rampage combo is one of many examples. With the miracle rogues and spammy shammy decks, FoN and Savage Roar should be the least of your problems.
Reply Quote
well FoN + savage roar is OP, here is why:
1) you only need 2 cards to pull it off
2) neither of these cards are as dead in your hand as leeroy+shadowsteps are (you can still pop savage roar while having 2+ minions on board as a removal/finisher or use FoN alone as an additional range card or removal), when you play aggro token deck your hands look better on average than other midrange decks based on leeroy as a finisher
3) you can accelerate that with innervate and finish @ turn 7
4) druid already has the highest amount of high-value staple creatures and spells already (keepers, druids of the claw, ancients of lore, wraths, swipes, innervates, ancients of war) so combined with such high range combo he is gonna go out of control
Reply Quote
as a side note....it's funny how people are comparing savage roar with bloodlust thinking they are about the same....um...no.....Savage roar is just str8 up better in all except "win more" situations.
Reply Quote
06/04/2014 11:42 AMPosted by Hotsalami
as a side note....it's funny how people are comparing savage roar with bloodlust thinking they are about the same....um...no.....Savage roar is just str8 up better in all except "win more" situations.

Only if you look at both cards in a vacuum. When brought into context than Bloodlust is certainly on par with Savage Roar as Shaman has more minions out than Druid on average thanks to totems, which lets you either trade otherwise useless totems to gain a lot of value or to have a massive reach going straight for face. Also Shaman has more and superior direct damage spells and removal, making its reach more relevant than Druid's.
Reply Quote
02/25/2014 01:20 PMPosted by Steele
If you have less than 20 hp @ turn 9 then it's GG. Basically, if the druid has 2 creatures with more than 2 attack @ turn 9 and they play these two cards then without heavy taunt the game is over. Even with taunt, a lot of druids run 2 of each of these cards in their deck.

So much for the 'we don't like OTK' humbug espoused by blizzard.

If you have less than 20 hp @ turn 9, my mage will play thalnos fireball frostbolt icelance icelance which is 21 damage. Withouth thalnos I can do it on turn 7 for 17 damage (which is 3 higher than what druid needs with a clear board for FoN & SR combo).

Now you tell me which deck has a better draw engine, druid or freeze mage, and get the answer which one can do the combo more often and more reliable.

@Kalli that combo is similar to the other complained combo on mage forums, with double SA, thalnos, 2 fireballs, 2 frostbolts and 2 icelances for a total of 32 damage on turn 10 which may happen once out of 100 games if you're still alive by turn 10 :D
Reply Quote
05/19/2014 07:25 PMPosted by WHOMIKEJONES
I hit for 58 today Warrior had about 35/40 hp from armor, has a ton of cards and drops a ysera, my board is a

5/5 drake,
2/3 argus
3/4 harvest golem.

I double savaged/fon with an innervate.

58 damage.

I know old post but I'm counting 44 from this.

9/5 + 6/3 + 7/4 + 6/2 + 6/2 + 6/2 + 4 = 44
Reply Quote
not balanced for sure!

bump this, thx ^^
Reply Quote
I feel like leeroy should have a die after attack effect but with more attack.
Reply Quote
Druid needs it though. Otherwise our opponents would never be scared of their face against druid. If you touch this combo too heavily then druids will fall to the same category with paladins.
Reply Quote
This thread needs more attention. Druids just herp derp spam minions and go for face because they have two fon savage roar. This has become standard and should be toned down as apparently it is too good.
Reply Quote
06/14/2014 04:27 PMPosted by TheMerciless
This thread needs more attention. Druids just herp derp spam minions and go for face because they have two fon savage roar. This has become standard and should be toned down as apparently it is too good.

More attention? Sure, for the drooling masses such as yourself who think this is an issue.

It's not an issue, and never has been. Next time a Druid beats you, cry into your pillow or something.
Reply Quote
02/26/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Evertras
Could you list them? Because I don't think they're OTKs.

For Warlock it's Arcane Golem+Power Overwhelming+Power Overwhelming+Faceless Manipulator+Soulfirex2

That's 32 dmg in one turn.
Reply Quote
06/14/2014 04:34 PMPosted by SirDigby
06/14/2014 04:27 PMPosted by TheMerciless

More attention? Sure, for the drooling masses such as yourself who think this is an issue.

It's not an issue, and never has been. Next time a Druid beats you, cry into your pillow or something.

You are just a naysayer. Just look how prevalent this is on the ladder and tournaments. People winning solely because of this is not how the game should opertate but its whatever im sure it will get toned down.
Reply Quote
06/15/2014 08:01 PMPosted by TheMerciless
You are just a naysayer. Just look how prevalent this is on the ladder and tournaments. People winning solely because of this is not how the game should opertate but its whatever im sure it will get toned down.

seriously fon/sr combo is nothing compared to zoo and MR. out of the hand it is 12 (trees) + 2 (druid), total of 14 ... nowhere near otk numbers!

minions on the board when this combo are played are not an issue, if they are going to be part of a lethal and still up at turn 9 then this is player error, not the result of these 2 cards being played!
Reply Quote
Force of Nature Savage Roar being broken is a symptom of Druids just having everything.

They have the best minions.

They have the best soft removal.

They have Innervate and Wild Growth.

They have the second best healing. (I debate this.)

They have absurd card draw. Hunters only have the buzzard and most classes are lucky to have two, Druids have FOUR cards that can draw.

They probably have the best hero power.

And while no one mentions it, they do have hard removal. (Soon they'll have two.)

So why is it fair, that a class that has ALL of the above gets to have a finisher that obsoletes Blood Lust, that scales rapidly with remaining minions on board, AND doesn't necessarily have to wait until turn 9 to do it?

That is my problem with Druid in general. No weakness.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]