Misdirection lolz and strategy

Misdirection is probably one of my favorite card in the game. I usually play it when I have no minions on the board and the opponent has a +4 attack minion.

What I do is I play the card, wait a few secs, and say "Oops, that what a mistake", to make the guy think I screwed up. Then he gladly attacks my face, only to hit himself. I laugh every time.

Earlier this mage play this bull guy that enrages to 5 attack. I arcane shot the minion to enrage him, play misdirection and say "That was a mistake." The guy waits, then emotes "My magic will tear you apart!", attacks and gets 5 damage in the face. Good times :p

Then I say "Thanks" (or "I'm sorry" if they guy seems nice).
Reply Quote
Used Misdirection + Explosive Trap the other day vs a Gurubashi Berserker, got me the win :D
ET triggered first btw lol
Reply Quote
Most satifying MD I've had was when i was losing a close match.

Down to praying for top deck miracles. Guy has been just removing my beasts and whatnot and decides to go for the finishing blow. I have no cards on the board and I pull a MD. He has 2 winning minions above 3 hp on the board so even if he sets off my MD he will still win.

I send him a WP. Instead of just finishing he decides to douche up his side of the board and uses his highest dmg minion which i remember was a buffed yeti and goes for the kill.

I guess the RNGesus was watching the match cause it got MD'd to his face for my Win. I couldn't stop laughing for 10 mins. XD
Edited by Dreadeye on 3/6/2014 7:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
My favorite misdirection is when they have one minion and a weapon. Not only do they get to the face what they intended for you, they end up killing the minion too.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 06:33 PMPosted by bearr
Misdirection is probably one of my favorite card in the game. I usually play it when I have no minions on the board and the opponent has a +4 attack minion.

What I do is I play the card, wait a few secs, and say "Oops, that what a mistake", to make the guy think I screwed up. Then he gladly attacks my face, only to hit himself. I laugh every time.

Earlier this mage play this bull guy that enrages to 5 attack. I arcane shot the minion to enrage him, play misdirection and say "That was a mistake." The guy waits, then emotes "My magic will tear you apart!", attacks and gets 5 damage in the face. Good times :p

Then I say "Thanks" (or "I'm sorry" if they guy seems nice).

Except for the fact that it won't work efficiently on legend rank, or even higher ranks.
Don't get me wrong, I used to use Misdirection in my deck, till I made it to the higher ranks where players actually knew how to play around it.

Misdirection is kinda a gimmicky, situational trap, it won't be that useful all the time since most of the time your opponent will simply play another low attack minion to test the trap, which means you just wasted a card to do a 2 or 3 damage. Of course it's up to the mighty RNG whether it misdirects on him or another minion.

But I had a few situations where I wanted to physically kiss the Misdirection trap AND my opponent's brains.

Misdirection is on the field, played Krush, got MC'ed, my opponent was dumb enough to attack me with Krush knowing that there is a secret on the field and it might be Misdirection or Freezing Trap, gg. And this situation right there is why I don't play Misdirection anymore, because you won't meet such people everyday, specially at higher ranks.

But yeah, at casual plays, Misdirection is really a fun trap. :)
Reply Quote
This morning I had a match against a druid (I was playing mid-range beasts).

He had nothing on board and about 13 hp left. I had a hound and a 4/3 hyena. He naturalized both of them (2 naturalizes), pings my face and passes.

I played a Stonetusk boar, pinged and passed. He then proceeds to drop out a Deathwing. I almost shat my pants, but out of the top deck came.....a misdirection!

I played it and passed. He hero powers and attacks to test, poor thing.

TL/DR I misdirected a druid into his own Deathwing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]