Unleash the hounds

Seriously if this card has to remain at 2 mana then the hounds should despawn at the end of the turn, its so beyond bull!@#$ that this card just wins games for hunters because its more charge minions to go face with.

I know this sounds like a QQ post and it is, but this card is beyond unfair.
Reply Quote
Blizzard overbuffed it. It was unplayable at 4 mana and now it is way too useful at 2 mana. Should just put it in between and get it done with.
Reply Quote
3 mana seems fair.
Reply Quote
It's incredibly anti fun. Let's not play cards because the other guy has a 2 mana card that will take over the game.
Reply Quote
Actually..... no. The card is just fine. It's a combo only card that really needs combos to do well. Although some of those combos can really really suck for the opponent, they still take setting up, there are ways to recover from most of them, and frankly tons of other arguments.

On a side note, not a single card in the game needs to be nerfed. Now there only exist cards that need buffing.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:05 AMPosted by mjack33
Actually..... no. The card is just fine. It's a combo only card that really needs combos to do well. Although some of those combos can really really suck for the opponent, they still take setting up, there are ways to recover from most of them, and frankly tons of other arguments.

On a side note, not a single card in the game needs to be nerfed. Now there only exist cards that need buffing.

lol

lol
Reply Quote

There is honestly no way you can justify that card because its a 'combo' card, the sheer amount of pressure it can create is absurd and you should not be punished for building a board as hard as what you are vs a hunter.

As far as i remember it was meant to be a psuedo AOE spell for hunters (which in principal is actually quite cool), but seen as hunters atm do nothing but go to face and the minions have charge it is monstrously over budget (without the combos)
Reply Quote
When it was 4 mana I actually thought it was still quite useful and playable, when I read they were making it two mana I thought wow this will be completely broken, and now here we are.
Reply Quote
The simple solution to this card would be, to only place minions until you have equal to the number of minions your opponent controls.

So my opponent controls 3 creatures, starving buzzard, and UTH, you draw 2 cards, not 3.

I think its ridiculous it procs starving buzzard, becomes a 2 mana draw a card for each minion your opponent controls. Change starving buzzard to be minions summoned from your hand, not put into play ^_^ or something.

Waaaaaayyyy too much value.
Edited by Minerva on 3/2/2014 10:34 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:16 AMPosted by AjayxD

There is honestly no way you can justify that card because its a 'combo' card, the sheer amount of pressure it can create is absurd and you should not be punished for building a board as hard as what you are vs a hunter.

As far as i remember it was meant to be a psuedo AOE spell for hunters (which in principal is actually quite cool), but seen as hunters atm do nothing but go to face and the minions have charge it is monstrously over budget (without the combos)

I feel the only reason it feels this way is because of the cheap cost of timberwolf. Increase the cost of timberwolf to 2 mana, and it pushes the buzzard + timberwolf + UTH combo back to 6 mana and buzzard + 2x timberwolf + UTH to 8 mana.

Blizzard may have fixed the OTK combo, but they did not fix what was wrong in the first place, and that was allowing the combo to take place too early in the game.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:16 AMPosted by AjayxD

Name the classes in game that don't punish you for overextending on the board please
Reply Quote
*woof woof*

We need those two guys to post here. One says he won't come back to playing something until the hounds are buffed, and the other says he won't come back to playing something until the hounds are nerfed. I'm like, this isn't theoretical physics, people. Dense brain-boxes cannot solve the paradox.
Reply Quote
It's all about learning the match ups.
When I play vs a hunter I drop a max of 2 minions on the field at a time,
Always assume they have an uth buzzard combo.

It takes a lot of thought and planning ahead,
Is it tough to do? Yes.
Does that mean its impossible? No.
Reply Quote
Name the classes in game that don't punish you for overextending on the board please

Its not about about overextending, i have literally no issues with unleash as a board clear, its a stupidly strong spell for 2 mana like that, but at a stretch i could deal with that, the problem is that it synergises with hunters strategy of 'hai face' / buzzard / timber wolf / leeroy much to well.

How exactly does a paladin or shaman play vs a hunter if they cannot use there hero power due to potentially just buffing the hunters direct damage.

As i said in the first post, if the hounds despawned at the end of the turn it would be the equivalent of an AOE becuase you dont get board presence from casting other class's AOE spells.

And for the people who think its fine to 'just drop a couple of minions, one of the reasons this isint possible a lot of the time is because hunters have some of the biggest face damage in the game.

leper x2 - 4 damage
weapon x2 - 12 damage
kill command x2 - 6 damage
arcane shot x2 - 4 damage
unleash x2 - (2 dogs each) 4 damage
wolfrider x2 - 6 damage
bluegill x2 - 4 damage
leeroy x1 - 6 damage
huffer x1 - 4 damage
explosive trap x2 - 4 damage

Discount hero power, only counting at the damage that is almost garaunteed without any synergy at all thats almost 50 damage (and im sure i missed a lot).

You have to race a hunter because unless you play paladin / priest (maybe?) / warrior you will never outlast them and thats a big big problem because if you were able to build your board it wouldnt be such a problem, but when you cannot then your in no mans land, and the straw thats breaking the camels back is UTH.
Edited by AjayxD on 3/2/2014 7:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Against Hunters never place more than 2 minions without taunt, or 3 with taunt on the board.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:49 AMPosted by AjayxD
Its not about about overextending, i have literally no issues with unleash as a board clear, its a stupidly strong spell for 2 mana like that, but at a stretch i could deal with that, the problem is that it synergises with hunters strategy of 'hai face' / buzzard / timber wolf / leeroy much to well.

It isn't eh?

you should not be punished for building a board as hard as what you are vs a hunter.

Seems a bit contradictory to me.

There are many classes(and even cards) that punish you for building a board as hard as you do hunters. You are so focused on nerfing hunters though that you don't see it.
Reply Quote

translation:
i play hunter, dont nerf my favorite cheese
Reply Quote
The main problem here is the synergy with Leroy Jenkins, a neutral and broken card.
Reply Quote
And for the people who think its fine to 'just drop a couple of minions, one of the reasons this isint possible a lot of the time is because hunters have some of the biggest face damage in the game.

leper x2 - 4 damage

wolfrider x2 - 6 damage

bluegill x2 - 4 damage

leeroy x1 - 6 damage

When did these minions get added to the Hunter class cards?
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Pokey
When did these minions get added to the Hunter class cards?

When op became convinced he loses to hunters because they are op and refuses to look just a little deeper.
Edited by Con on 3/2/2014 11:19 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]