Unleash the hounds

Its not about the minions, they synergise well with the to face playstyle, which is fine.

The problem is that you cant put stuff on the board because then your countered by a card that costs 2 mana, face damage isint a problem, trying to play around face damage while being unable to build your board is.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 11:48 AMPosted by AjayxD
Its not about the minions, they synergise well with the to face playstyle, which is fine.

The problem is that you cant put stuff on the board because then your countered by a card that costs 2 mana, face damage isint a problem, trying to play around face damage while being unable to build your board is.

Of course you can put stuff on the board, stuff with taunt or threatening stuff. If you're meaning putting six two health minions on the board? Well yeah, you deserve to lose if you do silly things like that against a Hunter.

Taunt shuts it down hard. Anything large shuts it down hard. I was playing Hunter earlier today (before going back to my Rogue staple), a Warlock thought it was a good idea to flood his board with low cost minions when I had a Leeok and Knife Juggler on the board. That was GG for him, but it wasn't UtH that lost him the match, it was his poor plays.

Flood the board against a Hunter? Expect UtH
Flood the board against a Mage? Expect Flamestrike
Flood the board against a Paladin? Expect Equality combos
Flood the board against a Warrior? Expect Brawl.
Flood the board against a Priest? Expect Holy Nova
Flood the board against a Rogue? Expect Blade Flurry combos
Flood the board against a Druid? Expect Swipe/Starfall
Flood the board against a Warlock? Expect Hellfire
Flood the board against a Shaman? Expect Lightning Storm.

All of these can be played around, evey single one of the them. Sure, UtH summons minions that stick around afterward, but those minions are very weak and are halted by Taunt.
Edited by Pokey on 3/2/2014 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 11:08 AMPosted by Vold
The main problem here is the synergy with Leroy Jenkins, a neutral and broken card.

Synergy?
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Bobby
The main problem here is the synergy with Leroy Jenkins, a neutral and broken card.

Synergy?

Gives 2 extra dogs that can be buffed by timer wolf for a 7 mana, 10 damage finisher assuming an extra board + 2 more damage for each minion you have on board.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:36 AMPosted by RMAHSUX187

There is honestly no way you can justify that card because its a 'combo' card, the sheer amount of pressure it can create is absurd and you should not be punished for building a board as hard as what you are vs a hunter.

As far as i remember it was meant to be a psuedo AOE spell for hunters (which in principal is actually quite cool), but seen as hunters atm do nothing but go to face and the minions have charge it is monstrously over budget (without the combos)

I feel the only reason it feels this way is because of the cheap cost of timberwolf. Increase the cost of timberwolf to 2 mana, and it pushes the buzzard + timberwolf + UTH combo back to 6 mana and buzzard + 2x timberwolf + UTH to 8 mana.

Blizzard may have fixed the OTK combo, but they did not fix what was wrong in the first place, and that was allowing the combo to take place too early in the game.

Personally, I think a 3M 2/3 Buzzard instead of a 2M 2/2 Timber Wolf is the better approach.

Still, I really only want that, because I want the Buzzard to be useful outside of UtH. At one health it is way to fragile to risk using it on anything else really.
Reply Quote
Remove the charge so you get a chance to respond. LOL
Reply Quote
i think that UTH should get the following change:
for each friendly beast,cost 1 more mana
so if there is buzzard it will cost 3 mana,if there is scavging hyna it will cost 3,and you get me,so if there is a strong synrgy it will cost more,with this you might even change the cost to 1,also this will punish them for mindlessly throwing UTH when you have board control to kill the enemy
Reply Quote
I think it just needs charge removed. It's supposed to be a pseudo-aoe response, it doesn't need to have charge to get that value. It puts permanent minions on the board that can not only deal 1 damage each like other AoEs, but they can soak 1 damage each in the process.

The hounds could still gain charge from Tundra Rhino, which I would lower to 4 mana.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 09:59 AMPosted by AjayxD
Seriously if this card has to remain at 2 mana then the hounds should despawn at the end of the turn, its so beyond bull!@#$ that this card just wins games for hunters because its more charge minions to go face with.

I know this sounds like a QQ post and it is, but this card is beyond unfair.

Dude, I have beaten sooo many hunters who used UTH. It's not that big of a freaking deal.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Pokey

Of course you can put stuff on the board, stuff with taunt or threatening stuff. If you're meaning putting six two health minions on the board? Well yeah, you deserve to lose if you do silly things like that against a Hunter.

Taunt shuts it down hard. Anything large shuts it down hard. I was playing Hunter earlier today (before going back to my Rogue staple), a Warlock thought it was a good idea to flood his board with low cost minions when I had a Leeok and Knife Juggler on the board. That was GG for him, but it wasn't UtH that lost him the match, it was his poor plays.

Flood the board against a Hunter? Expect UtH
Flood the board against a Mage? Expect Flamestrike
Flood the board against a Paladin? Expect Equality combos
Flood the board against a Warrior? Expect Brawl.
Flood the board against a Priest? Expect Holy Nova
Flood the board against a Rogue? Expect Blade Flurry combos
Flood the board against a Druid? Expect Swipe/Starfall
Flood the board against a Warlock? Expect Hellfire
Flood the board against a Shaman? Expect Lightning Storm.

All of these can be played around, evey single one of the them. Sure, UtH summons minions that stick around afterward, but those minions are very weak and are halted by Taunt.

Flame strike costs 7.
Equality combos hit the paladins guys as well, and require 2 cards and 6 mana with consecrate.
Brawl wrecks the warriors side as well and costs 5 mana.
Holy nova costs 5.
Blade flurry costs the weapon cost + the weapon, plus the cost of flurry. Whats that like 6-7 mana and 2 cards?
Swipe costs 4. Starfall costs 5.
Hellfire costs 4 and hits the warlock and his minions as well.
Lightening storm costs 3+ 2 overload so 5 mana.

Uth costs 2, combos with buzzard for definitive game winning card advantage, combos with +1 wolves to give you massive charge damage to the face, and combos with hyena to give you a massive creature. It's stupidly op. It should be nerfed to 5 mana and be made legendary.
Reply Quote
i only put 1-2 minons out at atime vs hunter
Reply Quote
Actually..... no. The card is just fine. It's a combo only card that really needs combos to do well. Although some of those combos can really really suck for the opponent, they still take setting up, there are ways to recover from most of them, and frankly tons of other arguments.

On a side note, not a single card in the game needs to be nerfed. Now there only exist cards that need buffing.

There is honestly no way you can justify that card because its a 'combo' card, the sheer amount of pressure it can create is absurd and you should not be punished for building a board as hard as what you are vs a hunter.

As far as i remember it was meant to be a psuedo AOE spell for hunters (which in principal is actually quite cool), but seen as hunters atm do nothing but go to face and the minions have charge it is monstrously over budget (without the combos)

Every other class gets cards to punish hunter for overextending but hunter shouldn't be allowed to have a card that punishes their opponents for overextending. Makes sense.

Uth costs 2, combos with buzzard for definitive game winning card advantage, combos with +1 wolves to give you massive charge damage to the face, and combos with hyena to give you a massive creature. It's stupidly op. It should be nerfed to 5 mana and be made legendary.

Hunter is supposed to be a rush deck. You can't nerf UtH to 5 because they should've already won by the turn after that.
Edited by Pisthetaerus on 3/2/2014 2:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:05 AMPosted by Jentso
It's incredibly anti fun. Let's not play cards because the other guy has a 2 mana card that will take over the game.

There are mechanics for each class which discourage a player from putting too many minions on the board.

Blizzard is aware of this, are you?
Reply Quote
Every other class gets cards to punish hunter for overextending but hunter shouldn't be allowed to have a card that punishes their opponents for overextending. Makes sense.

They have explosive trap that is a 2 damage AoE. That's half the cost of the paladin's concentration.

--

UTH is broken but can be played around. I switched my deck to a druid one for all the rush decks out there. When I'm up against a Hunter I only play 2 minions at a time until I can get my Druid of the Claws out. At the point it's all about me surviving until my Ancient of War and Ironbark Protectors come out while keeping up pressure against the hunter with 2 minions (plus a possible taunt).

If they changed the cost to UTH to 3 mana then I think it would be more reasonable (still really strong).
Edited by Khrolm on 3/2/2014 2:15 PM PST
Reply Quote
Card is completely rediculous but blizz wont nerve it.
I also played hunter alot and it is a fun class to play i have to admit,you wont always draw uth at the right time and you wont always have the other combo pieces with it but when you do there is realy no defense.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Romyleigh
Uth costs 2,

And by itself uth can only deal 1 damage to any target. Shall we start breaking down card synergy and combos of all classes for a real comparison? I assure you that you will be surprised how this one isn't even the mostly likely to beat you.

Did you know even with a perfect combo that uth can't otk you from 30?

03/02/2014 02:16 PMPosted by Dido
but when you do there is realy no defense.

sure it doesn't, none at all.
Edited by Con on 3/2/2014 2:19 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well you have the uth ,the buzzard, and the timber wulf. You then draw into 1/2 hunters marks/owls and you clear everything,with leroy it allows for strait kills from +20 health as well.
I have played hunter alot this season since reset and the class itself is annything but op,it is verry hit or miss. The uth is realy game breaking though,wich people will see when they play alot of hunter games and then notice how game breaking a succesfull uth is.
Its not the uth itself btw,wich is kinda fine and fair. It is the card draw from the combination with buzzard wich is a blow out.
Edited by Dido on 3/2/2014 2:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 01:59 PMPosted by Romyleigh
Blade flurry costs the weapon cost + the weapon, plus the cost of flurry. Whats that like 6-7 mana and 2 cards?Swipe costs 4. Starfall costs 5.Hellfire costs 4 and hits the warlock and his minions as well.Lightening storm costs 3+ 2 overload so 5 mana.Uth costs 2, combos with buzzard for definitive game winning card advantage, combos with +1 wolves to give you massive charge damage to the face, and combos with hyena to give you a massive creature. It's stupidly op. It should be nerfed to 5 mana and be made legendary.

uth requires combos to to clear the board unless you summoned 1 health minions
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 02:24 PMPosted by Dido
,with leroy it allows for strait kills from +20 health as well.

You mean like every other class in the game, clearly we need to remove this from hunters it must make them op.

I have played hunter alot this season since reset and the class itself is annything but op,it is verry hit or miss

Oh wait, what it this.

s. The uth is realy game breaking though,wich people will see when they play alot of hunter games and then notice how game breaking a succesfull uth is.

People who see the stars align and a combo go off is no reason for a change, this drifts into the player 2 has an advantage because of the coin conversation. And that conversation generally implies someone has very little understanding of real game mechanics or any sense of balance.

Its not the uth itself btw,wich is kinda fine and fair.

This is right, so why is there any other conversation going on about it.

It is the card draw from the combination with buzzard wich is a blow out.

So you are saying uth + buzzard is making is op, yet it counts on draw which you already admit makes it balanced. I am not sure what real stance you are trying to take to say it needs a nerf other than stating you don't like it.

03/02/2014 02:32 PMPosted by Piviot
uth requires combos to to clear the board unless you summoned 1 health minions

Indeed, they all want to compare a card to hunter combos, instead of comparing it to other classes combos.
Edited by Con on 3/2/2014 2:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]