Unleash the hounds

03/02/2014 09:59 AMPosted by AjayxD
Seriously if this card has to remain at 2 mana then the hounds should despawn at the end of the turn, its so beyond bull!@#$ that this card just wins games for hunters because its more charge minions to go face with.

I know this sounds like a QQ post and it is, but this card is beyond unfair.

actually thats a really good idea. Make it like force of nature and have a limit to how many can be summoned, and they die at the end of your turn.

Hounds = fixed.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 02:35 PMPosted by Zoids62
Seriously if this card has to remain at 2 mana then the hounds should despawn at the end of the turn, its so beyond bull!@#$ that this card just wins games for hunters because its more charge minions to go face with.

I know this sounds like a QQ post and it is, but this card is beyond unfair.

actually thats a really good idea. Make it like force of nature and have a limit to how many can be summoned, and they die at the end of your turn.

Hounds = fixed.

This goes with the people who don't understand game balance or mechanics point I was talking about. That wouldn't 'fix' it at all.
Reply Quote
Blah blah blah. It's a rush deck and it loses to the same stuff all class rush decks do. In fact it loses harder. Most rush is gonna be ending the game before UtH even goes off. Use taunts, play mana efficient stat minions, toss in a sunfury protector...the direct mana cost counter to UtH, and win every time.

Or play Druid anything. That whole class is a UtH counter.
Reply Quote
My stance is that this card is op.
You have to see every card in its context, in its relation to other cards of the class.
And in that context,the context with buzzard, uth is op.
I point to uth rather then the buzzard because i think further nerving the buzzard is virtually impossible,and i also think uth is the biggest offender in this combination.
I actually do like the card btw,you got that wrong there. Playing hunter with uth is great fun,i just think that it is not balanced at all.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 02:42 PMPosted by Dido
I actually do like the card btw,you got that wrong there. Playing hunter with uth is great fun,i just think that it is not balanced at all.

What is unbalanced about a card that can only summon a screen of 1/1s? Why does it synergizing with class cards(just like all classes have potential to do) mean it is bad thing. If you can pull off a 5 card combo late game you aren't op, you are lucky. And if you need luck it means you can't do it reliable which means it is not an issue other than the fact that you think it is imbalance, something the people make the game don't agree with you on.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 02:52 PMPosted by Con
What is unbalanced about a card that can only summon a screen of 1/1s?

It's not a screen of 1/1's....

Timberwolf will make them all 2/1.
Starving Buzzard makes each one give them a card.
I forgot the name of it, but one of the random companions gives them +1 damage.
Starving Hyena gets buffed 2/1 for each one that dies.

This card combos well, which isn't a bad thing. At the same time though. 2 mana is extremely cheap for a card that can do all of this.
Reply Quote
Well i cant tell what the developpers think,but I think the developpers are well aware and agree with me that the current uth is op.They did price it at 4 mana for a reason.
I also think the vast majority of players will agree that uth, and more specifically the combinations it makes possible,is imbalanced atm

A class wich heavily depends on 1 card or a small amount of card combinations i would call imbalanced. and that is the case with uth and hunter.
That does not have to mean that the class as a whole is overpowerd btw.
Hunter relies on uth completely,if you would take away uth noone would even consider playing hunter.
This does not go to this extend for other classes,druid would still be played if innervate was taken out,warlock would still be played if bloodimp was (and now is) taken out. Warrior can do without the warsong/giant/brewmasters
I cant think of anny other combo card wich is of such importance to a class.
Edited by Dido on 3/2/2014 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 03:07 PMPosted by Dido
Well i cant tell what the developpers think,but I think the developpers are well aware and agree with me that the current uth is op.

I actually don't think they would agree at all, seeing they actually said they don't.

According to a recent LiquidHearth poll, Unleash the Hounds was voted the most likely card to be changed next. Is this a card Blizzard is looking at and are there any other cards "on watch" right now?

I will say that right now Unleash the Hounds is not currently planned to be changed. Again, we don't really want to be changing cards unless we think it's absolutely necessary. And right now, there aren't any cards that we think are absolutely necessary to change. We're always looking at things to see if there's anything that's absolutely necessary to change so we're paying a lot of attention, but there's nothing that sticks out just yet.

http://www.liquidhearth.com/forum/hearthstone/948-interview-with-senior-game-designer-ben-brode
Reply Quote
It is pretty OP and has won me many a game I had no business winning because there are so many things it combos with any hunter can pretty easily set up a devastating turn.
Reply Quote
hey should just give you max of 2 or 3 of them. Not 5 or 6 . But then again without UTH hunter is pretty useless class.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 02:59 PMPosted by Fapplesauce
What is unbalanced about a card that can only summon a screen of 1/1s?

It's not a screen of 1/1's....

Timberwolf will make them all 2/1.
Starving Buzzard makes each one give them a card.
I forgot the name of it, but one of the random companions gives them +1 damage.
Starving Hyena gets buffed 2/1 for each one that dies.

This card combos well, which isn't a bad thing. At the same time though. 2 mana is extremely cheap for a card that can do all of this.

Its not as good as it sounds. Any other class rush laughs at this. The deal is you need all of the combo or those cards are worthless in a rush deck. Without full combo they are terrible. Buzzard is too expensive and leaves no board presence. Timber wolf is weak and often has no good receivers. Uth is trash and drawing a boom trap is better as aoe.

In warrior rush no card is ever dead in hand. They always play strong and always push the warrior toward trn 6 kill. What good is a buzzard without uth to back it up? In rush...I mean. Control is another story entirely.

Hyena is also bad. Not bad as a card or concept. Just bad because, with so few good targets for direct or hard removal, its always going to die. In another deck...maybe it could survive.
Reply Quote
Here is an interesting thought i just had (not sure if anyone else made this point or not already i didnt read every post just skimmed a few. But what if they make it so the hounds can NOT attack heroes. Then it would feel the goal of being a psedo board wipe that blizzard wanted it to be.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 06:14 PMPosted by LimplyStokes
Here is an interesting thought i just had (not sure if anyone else made this point or not already i didnt read every post just skimmed a few. But what if they make it so the hounds can NOT attack heroes. Then it would feel the goal of being a psedo board wipe that blizzard wanted it to be.

Would be a massively good start
Reply Quote
I try to build decks with minions that have 2+ HP. Hounds can only do one damage unupgraded.

So it only really helps against rush decks. All classes need an early game protection against rush. 3 Gems is still viable for a change to this card.

You should always be always be expecting crazy combo BS from Hunters, Paladins and Shaman. Plan accordingly.
Reply Quote
most of the time i dont see the point in playing around unleash.
the only time unleash seems to be really brutal is in conjunction with buzzard since it can put you behind in cards by so much that you usually cant come back, especially in arena.
the only time its really threatening though is if youre under 15 hp with a full board and havent won by then.
usually the hounds will just thin your board down a bit since on average your creatures should be stronger than even a timber wolf buffed corresponding hound.
the only problem is its overly effective for the cost, which means either upping it to 3 or weakening it by making the hounds disappear after the turn is over like fon.
Edited by Maximus on 3/2/2014 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 10:05 AMPosted by mjack33
Actually..... no. The card is just fine. It's a combo only card that really needs combos to do well. Although some of those combos can really really suck for the opponent, they still take setting up, there are ways to recover from most of them, and frankly tons of other arguments.

On a side note, not a single card in the game needs to be nerfed. Now there only exist cards that need buffing.

The card is not ok. It is underpriced AND it has overpowered synergy.

What other two mana card gives you 2-3 1/1 minions with charge and likely also will give 2-3 card draws?
Reply Quote
My thoughts on the UtH / Buzzard combo, is that it's OP because the card draw procs before the hounds even have to attack. This basically means that the Hunter can play these ultra cheap (mana-wise) cards, and then gets to hunt for the extra pieces, such as wolves and hyenas, to complete the combo. Of course, those extra pieces are also very cheap. If Buzzard proc'd on death of beasts, or at the end of the round, it wouldn't be nearly as game breaking.

On a lesser note, the fact that you have to keep your minion count under control vs a Hunter, also means that they get tremendous tactical value out of their spells, such as Deadly Shot (not so random when there are only 2 minions on the board), Hunter's Mark, etc. Steady Shot plus traps puts you on a life clock, as well. Basically, the Hunter enjoys some serious synergy with his class cards. I honestly wish the rest of the classes had that (Druid and Shaman are similar, they just can't rush you don't as easily).
Reply Quote
Get some shieldmasters in your deck and only ever have 2-3 minions out at a time. Easy solution.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 11:15 AMPosted by Pokey
And for the people who think its fine to 'just drop a couple of minions, one of the reasons this isint possible a lot of the time is because hunters have some of the biggest face damage in the game.

leper x2 - 4 damage

wolfrider x2 - 6 damage

bluegill x2 - 4 damage

leeroy x1 - 6 damage

When did these minions get added to the Hunter class cards?

True but to be fair Pokey you did only repost 1/3 of his post...kinda took it outa context...BUT:

I don't have a stake in it either way. I play Control Paladin as my main and I have adapted and included a few choice cards that really help my Hunter match-up. (hint hint, one of those cards is a 1 mana basic that basically destroys Hunter aggros early game)

I don't see what the big deal is personally. Yeah it's a great deck and sometimes I don't get my answers so I just pack it up and "wagons south" to the next match but it's definitely not the horror and scourge of Hearthstone that folks make it out to be lol.

Just think about what cards they probably have and make decisions accordingly. Try and find an effective way to deal with their early chargers as soon as the come up, rock some good taunt, heals if you can and smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 06:39 PMPosted by MattOverMind
If Buzzard proc'd on death of beasts, or at the end of the round, it wouldn't be nearly as game breaking.

It is so gamebreaking that hunters are the top win percentage class in the game, right?

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]