Tips to beat hunters?

I'm not sure if I'm struggling the most against this class or it's because over half my opponents are hunters... but either way there is a problem.

Most of the hunters I run into run some combination of: (usually all 3)
- Traps + removals (deadly / kill command)
- Weapons and charge minions
- UTH combos

The three together seem to counter everything I try. Every turn I lose more and more hp between his weapons, charge minions, and steady shots regardless of what I do. He doesn't really do anything other than that and kills me by around turn 7-8.

In the mean time, if I play 1-2 minions to guard against UTH combos, my minions keep getting frozen trapped or misdirected into each other or into my face so I can't get any damage going. If I don't play anything obviously we just pass turns while I keep losing health. If I play 3 minions he immediately does some giant UTH combo that either draws an insane number of cards or flat out kills me. And if I try to play taunt creaturs they just get instantly removed while he keeps doing damage to my face...

I'm at a loss. I usually play mage or druid, if that matters. And it feels like whether I win or lose is 100% dependent on whether he gets his to-the-face cards or not. Because my actions don't really have any effect on him. o_O
Edited by Pzypro on 3/4/2014 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
If your playing mage wait till you have an aoe in your hand then play multiple minions to lure out his uth, making sure your hp is higher then 9 for 3 minions played, 12 for 4 minions played, etc. next turn use aoe to clear his uth. Though to me it sounds more like you are have problems with rush then uth, since charge minions is more of a rush strategy then a hunter strategy.
Reply Quote
I can think of many decks that can handle Hunters, in fact Hunters aren't anything special. UTH is overrated to be honest, yes it's extremely powerful when used in combination with Buzzard+Hyena but lets face it, that's all Hunters actually have. So they draw a bunch of cards with Buzzard+UTH, but how much does that really help them when the rest of their cards are marginal at best? If you want actual tips, well play any competitive deck out there, all competitive decks have tools to beat Hunters.

You like Warlocks? Play Handlock, Ancient Watcher+taunter combo stops UTH rush cold since at most they'll kill your Watcher and other taunt minion, than they're left with nothing to actually kill you with when you start dropping your giants. You like Druids? Well any Druid deck, be it mid-range or control, has a great many tools at their disposal, and their cards are very versatile so they can answer anything they need to. You like Warriors? Either race them down or play control and stall them until Alex+Grommash combo with control Warrior, either way works. I can go on and on but you get the point...
Reply Quote
I'm having similar issues with hunters....i play a mage and no matter what i try and do i can't win.

the UTH combo with timber wolves is just too strong, i want to add more taunts into my deck but i can't think of anything worth removing.

people say wait for your aoe, but hunters can do so much damage without putting cards on the field (i.e leper gnome and hero power)

the day i figure out how to beat hunters i will be a legend in my book
Edited by KoolaidMan on 3/5/2014 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/05/2014 12:22 PMPosted by KoolaidMan
I'm having similar issues with hunters....i play a mage and no matter what i try and do i can't win.

the UTH combo with timber wolves is just too strong, i want to add more taunts into my deck but i can't think of anything worth removing.

people say wait for your aoe, but hunters can do so much damage without putting cards on the field (i.e leper gnome and hero power)

the day i figure out how to beat hunters i will be a legend in my book

How about putting less minions on the board?
Reply Quote
With most classes, you need Defender of Argus in order to counter hunters.
Reply Quote
Only thing i've found with rogue is that, if i go balls to the wall super aggressive (I play a variation of miracle rogue) i can about 1/2 of the time get them before they get me, but even then it's usually decided by one turn, meaning "I win this turn or i die">
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]