really fed up..

I'm getting pissed off how this classes is spending multiple cards on emergency removal and suffer frequent top-decking syndrome. I hardly experience this much frustration compared to other classes.
Reply Quote
actually I build control too. but a good chunk of my games I'm not drawing or able to mulligan weapons in the opening rounds.. end up getting railed for NOT addressing the 3-attack 4-attack minions..

and get damned either way if I spend the spells or execute removing the potentially volatile minions
Reply Quote
03/02/2014 09:03 PMPosted by Ravis
I build control too. but a good chunk of my games I'm not drawing or able to mulligan weapons in the opening rounds.

That's just SoL, but just in case what's your list? I have a hard time believing a control deck would be card screwed.
Reply Quote
I also have been playing Control Warrior lately & I haven't had any problems with not getting a Firey Win Axe in my opening hand.

While I know the deck I'm using is fairly expensive (Like most control decks); you don't HAVE to rely on getting a FWA in your opening hand. Instead look for other removal cards like Cleave/Slam/Shield Slam etc.
Reply Quote
i played warrior all the way up too lvl 60, and decided to do another class, paladin. !@#$ man, warrior sucks if they dont topdeck..
Reply Quote
I'm getting pissed off how this classes is spending multiple cards on emergency removal and suffer frequent top-decking syndrome. I hardly experience this much frustration compared to other classes.

exactly this^

as a new warrior at the lower end of the game I have been getting really frustrated these past couple of days once my cleave , execute , whirlwind and slam cards have been used up I'm basically dead because I'm unable to get my armor up or even deal with 3 - 5 card combos.

I play as a lower end mage , druid , warlock , priest! and I don't experience any of the problems above
Edited by Sinister on 3/11/2014 8:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's kind of a balance. You have to be inefficient at times, and you're almost always going to be card-starved, but you force inefficient removals out of the opponent just as often, and when you get your weapons out you can remove things very efficiently- particularly once you get Gorehowl out. Gorehowl trades for weeks. It really makes a difference- both to increasing your kill range (the health you can kill someone from) and giving you card advantage or at least minimizing the disadvantage.

Warrior games are also very low minion games- people will never permit a warrior to keep minions on the field, and as warriors we can almost universally deny the enemy minions to attack with. This allows us to shut down a lot of the sneakiest things most other players can do.
Edited by Elendil on 3/11/2014 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
im not sure about that. Just about all the other classes have more than one version of one-card removals (either straihgt out kill or do 3+ damage which warriors lack.. they only have mortal strike doing 4 damage)

If the warrior class is purely designed for rush top-decking then I'm sorely disappointed with this game.

I had this pally by the ropes and we were both low in the deck and BAM he does LAY ON HANDS and gets 3 extra cards... OH .. next turn.. ANOTHER LAY ON HANDS..

And all he had to do was hammer of wrath for clean removals without wasting another card

Too many times I've seen other classes, Remove my minion while their's is intact and free swing for your face.
while for warriors.. you have to SLAM, then send the minion to their death to kill it (no damage to enemy hero)
or you have to send the minion to their death , THEN use execute to kill the threat (again.. no damage to enemy hero)
That's 2 actions.. all wasted for the sake of board control and you end up with 1 less card than your opponent usually
Edited by Ravis on 3/11/2014 5:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been having the same top decking issues with Warrior as well, but I have found the solution. You HAVE to put 2 loot hoarders and 2 Acolytes of Pain in your deck. Only then Warrior can function like a normal class.
Reply Quote
What according to who no direct damage OF ANY KIND multiple card kills no draw advantage cards. answer for everything ya sure so dose everyone else if the right card is in your hand not if the right group of cards, warrior need a retooling and the phrase on EVERY warrior card "damage to minions" NEEDs to be looked at.
Reply Quote
Warriors do have hard removals. Shield slam is just terrific - you can easly one-hit even the biggest ones. Execute needs the damage done, but I don't think the problem's that big o.0
Reply Quote
Yeah, WAR is trash, sadly. I suspected they were awful when I'd never lost to one, but in actually playing one it is hilarious to get outshined in nearly every match-up.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 12:00 PMPosted by Bartop
Warriors do have hard removals. Shield slam is just terrific - you can easly one-hit even the biggest ones. Execute needs the damage done, but I don't think the problem's that big o.0

Big Shield slams are they product of unlucky draws by the opponent and u attained early board control. In most "evenly matched" scenarios , you'd be luck to have over 4 armor.
Combining shield wall into slam is just another 2 card for 1 kill again and puts no minions on the board. You're back to being on the reaction end of things letting the opponent put minions on the board and you'll be out of shield slams.
Reply Quote
Warriors have fine card draw. Slam acolytes of pain, use shield block. Whirlwind battle rage. How are you not drawing cards?

As for removal, you might want to try manning up and tanking some damage. You have weapons for every stage of the game, and there's a reason why Gorehowl doesn't break after attacking a minion. You can also shield block/shield slam. It essentially costs one card because of the draw, and it gives you five health. For aoe removal you can wild pyromancer/commanding shout. Once again you draw a card, and you can just spell cast until the enemy board is dead. A pyromancer/shout/whirlwind is going to give you 3 aoe damage, basically cost two cards, and leaves you with a 3/1 on the board. Not to mention you can trade with any other minions up. You can also go harvest golem brawl or sylvanas brawl or cairne brawl.
Reply Quote
If you're not bringing a significant number of weapons, it's not surprising that you'd have trouble with clear and efficiency. Of course, if you're not bringing weapons, you certainly would be better off playing something else.

But in return, if you apply a little enrage antics, you can have some scary efficient creatures. An Amani that can take down an Ogre? A Bloodsail Raider that can crush a giant? The joy of applying Gorehowl to the enemy face? (I love Upgrade). I mean, if you've got a War Axe then Bloodsail is scary efficient; a 5/3 for 2 mana? You may not have a single card that trades for bunches, but you shouldn't be flooding the board on a warrior anyway. Anything more than 2 or 3 guys on the board is begging for a Flamestrike or some such clear.

Yes, Warrior is generally a bit lacking in draw compared to the other classes. Especially after the Pagle nerf. Battle Rage isn't going to save you from a bad situation, merely get you some draw out of a good situation.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 01:05 PMPosted by DrBewmBewm
Yeah, WAR is trash, sadly. I suspected they were awful when I'd never lost to one, but in actually playing one it is hilarious to get outshined in nearly every match-up.

Warrior is one of the strongest classes right now actually, but he needs a lot of rare and expensive cards to reach that point. I suspect that's what is giving you issues with the class.

Warrior decks are also way less forgiving than most other classes' decks, in the way that your cards really need perfect synergy to work. Warrior is also kinda challenging to play well but the class feels a lot more satisfying imo.

Anyway, try to play or watch people playing the standard control warrior deck. It's really super strong. I play it too, only problem are aggro decks with perfect openers but otherwise you have a chance against everything.

... or you could play the mindless warrior aggro deck. If it gets started the damage output is kinda stupid.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 09:30 AMPosted by Marchenoir

Warrior decks are also way less forgiving than most other classes' decks, in the way that your cards really need perfect synergy to work. Warrior is also kinda challenging to play well but the class feels a lot more satisfying imo.

This is exactly that.. Unforgiving at all if you don't have a gradual draw of the right cards.
Warriors have no sweeping mid-late game AOE that rewards you for board control. Brawl sacrifices your own units for the board clear.
Flamestrike, Starfall, Lightning storm, Holy Nova, Consecrate just to name a few off my head.. these spells don't wipe your own units off the board the way brawl does and the damage orientated whirlwind is too weak.. and cleave has target limitation. Hence, Warriors cannot afford a single bad draw from beginning to end cause that.

I find that the only games I win more often is if they don't draw those exact aoe's.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]