UPDATE: it's March 3rd, 2014 and Hunter still sucks

Had the opportunity to play a rare (for me) priest combo on turn 6: two Injured Blademasters along with a Circle of Healing. That's two 4/7's ready to keep the board clean against a lone, stealthed Jungle Panther. I had around 20 life.

You'll love this new recipe that the Hunter served up next:

• Starving Buzzard
  • Unleash the Hounds
  • Timber Wolf
  • Timber Wolf
  • Hunter draws 4 cards
  • Arcane Shot: 2 to the face
  • Jungle Panther: 4 to the face
  • two 3/1 Hounds: 6 to the face

That's 12 to my face, he has a fresh hand of cards, a board with well over lethal, and the ever-present Steady Shot. Priest has only has one AoE damage spell and I don't have it on turn 7. Game over.

Overall, I do fine against Hunter by just sticking with a max-of-2-minions policy to mitigate that stupid UtH combo. The above is just kind of a pathological case, where the malignant tumor that is the Hunter class abruptly metastasized.

The point is that Hunter is an ugly class built around the most brainless, morally bankrupt combo in any competitive activity. Hunter is the guy at the club with the popped collar negging on girls to try to lower their self esteem enough to manipulate them. Hunter is why your home lost 50% of its value while he lounges in a beach house with $250M in the bank. Hunter is why your minions flipflop places or hover around the board like a drunken witch on a broomstick.

+1 to eliminate Hunter from Hearthstone.
Reply Quote
Here's the thing. First, Priests are the weakest class in the game right now. Secondly, UTH is the only problematic card right now because of its absurd synergy with minions like Timber Wolf, Buzzard, Raid Leader, Stormwind Champion, etc.
Reply Quote
Hunters big problem is that some of their cards are so weak without the unleash combo that they'll suck again with just changing UTH. Timberwolf is as 1-1 and will die the turn after it's played , Starving Buzzard a 2-1 , Hyena a 2/2 etc. You can't put them out there on their own they'll just to to any kind of damage unlike say Manawyrm/Northshire Cleric and a few other low cost class cards of other classes. Not to mention they have a more of less stupid hero power that has only good for one thing : rushing down the opponent.
Edited by Serp on 3/3/2014 3:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Ben Brode is a stupid idiot with a goofy !@#$ing haircut, don't expect him to understand how broken this card is at 2 mana.
Reply Quote
Well, it's your fault for playing 2 minions. You should know that when you face hunter you should never play more than 1 minion, and even playing 1 minion is too risky. Seriously noob, learn to play around UtH. It's not that hard! Just don't play minions. I mean, jeez, do I have to explain everything to you noobs?
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 04:48 PMPosted by Romyleigh
Well, it's your fault for playing 2 minions. You should know that when you face hunter you should never play more than 1 minion, and even playing 1 minion is too risky. Seriously noob, learn to play around UtH. It's not that hard! Just don't play minions. I mean, jeez, do I have to explain everything to you noobs?

Nah bro, he just needs taunts. Everyone knows taunts are OP and a great counter to Hunters. Don't be deterred by the fact that most neutral taunts are likely to give you less value than the extra hound gives the hunter; taunts will magically make everything better!
Reply Quote
It's a good thing they don't have anything that could reduce your taunt's health to 1 and/or spells that outright kill/deal 2-5 damage to them. Otherwise, all those claims of simply playing taunts being one of the best ways to deal with it would be somewhat false, hey?
Reply Quote
The only thing that sucks is your math
6 (uth)+6(panther)+2(AS)=14 damage

Though I guess you just gave up even though you still had 8 damage on the field and 7 mana to do more.
Reply Quote
So since this hunter got ALL the cards he needed to make that combo, he had those 4 cards in his hand at the right moment (tw + tw + buzz + uth)

but

u could easy won .. just 2*Divine Spirit on 1 bladmaster and then a Inner Fire on it

BAAAAAM you do 32 damage ( 28+4) and win the game ... since u only need 3 card to do that combo

Since u say that this 4 card combo is so common that they should remove hunters .. yours possible 3 card combo must be even commoner then

higher chance to get a 3card combo than a 4card
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Shifty
The only thing that sucks is your math
6 (uth)+6(panther)+2(AS)=14 damage

The Jungle Panther has 4 attack, not 6: http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/392-jungle-panther

So it is your knowledge that sucks, not my math.

03/03/2014 11:15 PMPosted by Shifty
Though I guess you just gave up even though you still had 8 damage on the field and 7 mana to do more.

As sweet as my Blademasters were, they can only attack once per turn. I was facing 6 minions, I didn't draw Holy Nova, and so the game was effectively over. I did play my turn out just to see what would happen, but ended facing enough damage with his remaining minions + Steady Shot to finish me next turn.

There are very few situations where Hunter will not be able to come up with 8+ damage to the face on turn 8 with a full hand of cards.
Reply Quote
Uh......pretty much any class can outdo this. Not only that, but a priest without taunts up......yeah, gonna have some issues.

I mean shamans or warlocks can lay down 10-20 damage in this turn alone if you get the right cards, not to mention legendaries or whatever.
Reply Quote
u could easy won .. just 2*Divine Spirit on 1 bladmaster and then a Inner Fire on it
BAAAAAM you do 32 damage ( 28+4) and win the game ... since u only need 3 card to do that combo

While that would have been hilarious to see the game's two cheesiest combos face off, I don't run Divine Spirit and Inner Fire in constructed. Priest is not designed to win in 6 or 7 turns like the Hunter, so devoting the deck space to those cards hurts more than it helps. I wasn't able to get anywhere in Ranked until I threw those cards out.

03/04/2014 04:20 AMPosted by Luffe
Since u say that this 4 card combo is so common that they should remove hunters .. yours possible 3 card combo must be even commoner then

I admitted that the combo I described is a pathological case - it's not often that extreme, which is why I do typically do well enough against Hunter.

I do think Hunter as a class needs that combo right now in order to be competitive. I just wish the class were designed to have other viable options.
Reply Quote
03/04/2014 06:21 AMPosted by manflesh

The Jungle Panther has 4 attack, not 6: http://www.hearthpwn.com/cards/392-jungle-panther

So it is your knowledge that sucks, not my math.

Last I checked Jungle Panther is a beast and if he has 2 timber wolves (which give beasts +1 attack each) that means the Panther has 2+ attack giving him 6 attack. Looks like both your math and your knowledge sucks.
Reply Quote
03/03/2014 02:57 PMPosted by manflesh
Had the opportunity to play a rare (for me) priest combo on turn 6: two Injured Blademasters along with a Circle of Healing. That's two 4/7's ready to keep the board clean against a lone, stealthed Jungle Panther. I had around 20 life.

You'll love this new recipe that the Hunter served up next:

• Starving Buzzard
  • Unleash the Hounds
  • Timber Wolf
  • Timber Wolf
  • Hunter draws 4 cards
  • Arcane Shot: 2 to the face
  • Jungle Panther: 4 to the face
  • two 3/1 Hounds: 6 to the face

That's 12 to my face, he has a fresh hand of cards, a board with well over lethal, and the ever-present Steady Shot. Priest has only has one AoE damage spell and I don't have it on turn 7. Game over.

Overall, I do fine against Hunter by just sticking with a max-of-2-minions policy to mitigate that stupid UtH combo. The above is just kind of a pathological case, where the malignant tumor that is the Hunter class abruptly metastasized.

The point is that Hunter is an ugly class built around the most brainless, morally bankrupt combo in any competitive activity. Hunter is the guy at the club with the popped collar negging on girls to try to lower their self esteem enough to manipulate them. Hunter is why your home lost 50% of its value while he lounges in a beach house with $250M in the bank. Hunter is why your minions flipflop places or hover around the board like a drunken witch on a broomstick.

+1 to eliminate Hunter from Hearthstone.

you do know that if your home loses value its a good thing unless you were planning to sell very soon or take out a mortgage on your house alot of people in my neighborhood have the opposite problem because people keep taking these older homes down and building these massive houses the value of homes in that neighborhood go up so the government increases the home owners tax for everyone which forces people that have this lower income to have to sell and move usually farther away from the city but i do agree not that hunter was designed a bit poorly there more or less forced into the rush play style by there hero power but this should get fixed i hope by the addition of new cards = new options
Reply Quote
"Priest has only has one AoE damage spell ..."

Technically true; just holy nova but priest can utilize a few really nice AoE combos:

Auchenai Soulpriest + Circle of Healing ... incredible combo can be played early and the cards are useful of themselves when you only have one
Wild Pyromancer(yes yes it's neutral but really nice) + power word shield or holy smite or coin or circle of healing or holy fire or holy nova, shadow word death or thoughtsteal(steal their aoe btw!) etc etc etc ... this thing is incredible board clear and a 3/2 for 2 too boot. Priest has the best use of it with pws + hero ability or combo'd with holy nova
Shadow Madness ... for advantageous trades and can combo with Pyromancer for even better than 2 for 1 and useful of itself when you simply want to remove something senjin-esque or swing for 3 more to lethal
Edited by Hepatomegaly on 3/5/2014 7:05 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]