do hunters have trouble with mages..

I currently play mage on the ladder, not sure why since it's the worst out of all the classes.
I'm currently having issues with hunters and the amount of damage they can do and then UTH.
I was wondering if anyone can tell me if they have encountered difficulties with mages and what were they or if they can think of ways that a mage can counter the typical hunter aggro deck
Edited by KoolaidMan on 3/5/2014 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
If you can keep clearing their board they'll run out of steam. Remember, their only card draw is the starving buzzard. It plays very differently depending on if you're playing rush or control variant though.
Reply Quote
i try and keep the board clear, but they still do solid damage without playing anything.
this one hunter only played 2xleper gnomes and 2 animal companions with steady shots until turn 7, then UTH

i can do some damage to his life in that time frame but hunters can keep up with steady shots and lepers gnomes...i also try and keep like 2 things on the field around turn 6 to minimize UTH but can't do it.
Reply Quote
should i just add taunts? i would assume that would slow a hunter down and maybe win me some games assuming rng is on my side
Reply Quote
I think the key is to have strong minions on the field that can threaten hunters. No point in having a bunch of minions that can only do 1/2 damage on the board. You're on a clock after all, and you can only have so many minions before UtH destroys you. Having minions like yeti and venture co. merc is better than a bunch of silverback patriarchs.
Reply Quote
basically big creatures with taunt kill hunters if you keep there board clean
Reply Quote
kk thanks...i'll make a few changes and hopefully they'll work against hunter

thanks guys
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]