error code 2600: can't reinstall battle.net

All began when battle.net could not make the latest patch update for WoW. Every time it would try to install the update, it would stay at "initialising..." for a long time, then stop completely with an error message saying there was an internet connection problem. I looked through forums for people with similar issues and found that deleting the agent.db file from the battle.net folders can solve the problem. Even after doing so, I couldn't update or reinstall WoW, and ever since deleting the file, couldn't install Hearthstone and update battle.net launcher either. I uninstalled all apps and deleted files related to battle.net and its games, and tried to reinstall everything from scratch. I can get past selecting location to install the new battle.net launcher app, but during the actual installation it stops at 65% and then gives me "error code 2600" that something has went wrong. Until I get this fixed, I can't play any of my games at all
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
raisha, let's try these steps, and see if they help:

1) Reset your network to clear any residual connections and cache.
2) Flush the DNS Cache.
3) Try removing anything that looks like this line in your hosts file:
12.120.152.128 us.depot.battle.net

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote
I am getting this same error. I am on a Mac. I began having problems when the new Hearthstone patch took effect. The first error I received said that it was closed because it couldn't transfer data.
Tried turning computer off/on, resetting modem. Finally just uninstalled Hearthstone and tried reinstalling only to get the error message that said their was a problem transferring data - after a day or two of this I checked to see if the minimum system requirements had changed - they had and realized I needed to update. Last night I updated my iOS to 10.9. I am still getting the same error message. Today, I deleted all the files for battle.net with the intention of redownloading it. Now, I can't even do that - it keeps giving me the error code: 2600. I found this forum and followed the steps recommended above and still nothing works.

Since Tuesday I have been reading forums and tech support fixes to try to get this to work and nothing has worked so far. I try to submit a ticket but I keep getting a note that says you may not need a ticket for this and kicks me to the forums. I am not sure what else to do. Please help.
Reply Quote
me 2 :'( i tought it maybe had to do something with my stick
Reply Quote
Hey guys I got this same problem then i updated my os to maverick and it worked, hope it works for you guys as well
Reply Quote
I too have this issue, but I am using windows 7. Diablo III was disconecting me every time I created a game so I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it but it didnt change anything. I uninstalled Battle.net and now am stuck with this problem.
Reply Quote
I let it update and then it stopped working, none of the games in any way work now.
Reply Quote
i've been having these same problems, and also non related "maybe" i can't play any videos, or they wont load or play for a few seconds then it crashes, ive tried almost everything and nothing seems to work, im using windows 7. but as far as wow and sc2 ive been getting these errors, idk if these both are related. my hard drive burnt out and i got a new one a few weeks ago and nothing but problems....
Reply Quote
Velnrak's tip worked for me, thanks man.
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

To those that couldn't get the fix even with the above tips, you need to enable your Secondary Logon in Windows Services.

Hit Windows + R on keyboard (to open RUN)
-> services.msc -> OK
-> locate "Secondary Logon" in Services (Local)
-> Open and change Startup Type to Automatic

Hope that helps!
Reply Quote
Dear sir/mdm
It has been a week and I cant play my D3 anymore. I am using windows 8. When I put my disc inside, it reads, then when I double click to install, it prompts: Something broken, error 2600. Can somebody advise what is happening?? Can someone help? I am from the Asia region. Thks.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
poloisback, please try these suggestions, and let us know if it helps over in the Diablo III Technical Support forum. Thanks!

Rate me! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Velnrak
Reply Quote
Dear Velnrak,
Thanks for your help. Lots of victims in D3 have this problem currently, and lots of feedback about this error 2600, and blizzard did NOT reply at all. I SUSPECT they are looking into this matter(they should and better do!).

Thank you for your suggestions. Maybe I will just play my Steam Games until D3 settle this problem.
Reply Quote
Getting the same thing for D3. This is fresh install, just got a new hard drive for my games plus a windows 7 fresh install. battle.net starts to install but I get "whoops somethings broke" almost immediately.
Reply Quote
UPDATE:

In an interesting development, I left the installation at the default location instead of my preferred hard drive and it installed with no problems.
Reply Quote
Hi there, i had the same problem than you. I just changed the destination of the battle.net file and it worked perfectly.
Reply Quote
Just wanted to thank Velnrak - the final step to fix a bunch of problems I was having, makes me want to give someone a kiss.
Reply Quote
I still keep getting "Error 2600". Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
I had the same problem.

Disabling the antivirus did the trick.
Reply Quote
The link below offers a solution.

http://blog.multiplay.co.uk/2014/04/battle-net-installer-error-code-2600-fix/
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]