Golden Heroes Coming Soon!

(Locked)

Community Manager
Golden Heroes are coming soon to Hearthstone! With the next patch, when you hit 500 wins in Ranked Play mode with any given Hero, that particular Hero will become golden permanently! Golden Heroes gain cool, unique animations to their portrait and Hero Power. You can track your progress with any given Hero quickly and easily on the deck selection screen in Ranked Play mode. Look forward to gilding all of your Heroes in the finest of metals soon!

See the Golden Heroes here.

See a video with animated Golden Heroes here.
are wins retroactive?
Edited by barnak on 3/6/2014 10:05 AM PST
Out of curiosity, why do the wins need to be from Ranked mode?

500 wins with a single hero seems epic enough, to not have to do it in Ranked mode.
Edited by Cygnus on 3/6/2014 10:09 AM PST
Cool, would prefer if it was 500 wins on the game mode you are currently playing, since I pretty much only play arena.
Blizzard - The #1 thing that everyone wants to know in regards to this (if they care about this) : Are these 500 win requirements retroactive? Some of us already have 500 wins in ranked.

Also, Why on earth does arena not count? Ranked + Arena OK....but it doesnt count arena?
Community Manager
03/06/2014 10:04 AMPosted by barnak
are wins retroactive?

The 500 wins that are needed will not start counting until the Golden Heroes are implemented.
03/06/2014 10:14 AMPosted by Aratil
are wins retroactive?

The 500 wins that are needed will not start counting until the Golden Heroes are implemented.

Could you make this casual as well i don't see the reasoning not to. 500 wins is 500 wins and frankly casual is alot harder than the ladder.
I think that the level of the heroes should be expanded to 90 or 100, and give some amount of gold by each level achieved from 61 onward (I have my main hero on level 60 already and it should be more motivating to use it to get that golden version).
Edited by Warmonger on 3/6/2014 10:31 AM PST
If you change Priest's hero power with Shadowform, would having a golden Priest make Mind Spike golden as well, or would you need a golden Shadowform card? If the latter, what happens if you use a golden Shadowform card, then a normal Shadowform card?

I already know that Lord Jaraxxus' hero power and weapon turn golden if the card itself is, but Priest is a bit different.
Hooray for Golden Heroes! Now all we need is a Golden Coin.
Community Manager
03/06/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Malice

Could you make this casual as well i don't see the reasoning not to. 500 wins is 500 wins and frankly casual is alot harder than the ladder.

We don't have plans to make this available in Casual mode, as the Golden Heroes are intended to be a reward for participating in Ranked Play.
Thank you for clarification
Very cool. I wish it included arena as well as ranked, but I'll take what I can get.

Does this mean that there will be additional statistic tracking available? Right now I don't think there is any way to tell how many wins you have with each class, so I'm hoping we can chart our progress. Ranked win/loss stats by class would also be very cool.
03/06/2014 10:30 AMPosted by JohnKelly

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Kopikatsu/Hearthstone_Screenshot_352014132036_zps9ede80fe.png
This is perfect. There are so many complaints about people taking their top tier decks to casual. I myself do it because I just prefer casual, but with new backs and hero portraits to earn, I will probably be switching over to ranked.
03/06/2014 10:19 AMPosted by Malice

It is to encourage Ranked play, and discourage tanking ranks while doing so.
03/06/2014 10:35 AMPosted by Kopikatsu

http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a490/Kopikatsu/Hearthstone_Screenshot_352014132036_zps9ede80fe.png

A quick Google search confirms it is already in the game - sweet!
are wins retroactive?

So you guys are totally fine with people like me who have multiple classes at 60 just staying at rank 20 on purpose to farm back wins we already have to get these rewards?
03/06/2014 10:44 AMPosted by Bosskiller

It is to encourage Ranked play, and discourage tanking ranks while doing so.

This encourages tanking ranks since it is a win based reward
Edited by Zoing on 3/6/2014 10:50 AM PST
03/06/2014 10:25 AMPosted by Warmonger
I think that the level of the heroes should be expanded to 90 or 100, and give some amount of gold by each level achieved from 61 onward (I have my main hero on level 60 already and it should be more motivating to use it to get that golden version).

completely agree
03/06/2014 10:31 AMPosted by Zeriyah

We don't have plans to make this available in Casual mode, as the Golden Heroes are intended to be a reward for participating in Ranked Play.

...that has to be the single most ridiculous thing I've heard regarding Hearthstone so far.

Two reasons:

1. That is the most insignificant reward imaginable.

2. By virtue of reason #1, withholding something so insignificant from non-ranked players is just a terrible decision all around.

(I'm a ranked player exclusively myself.)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]