Viable decks around rank 8-14

I've been playing the expensive warrior control deck with Pagle, Cairne, Baron Geddon, Rag, Grommash, Alex and Deathwing but I've been having a lot of trouble against the early pressure games.

I've also played with the more oldschool "Reynad" rush deck with mortal strikes and leeroy though but again not much luck.

Is there actually a solid deck right now that can stand a chance against the current meta?

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, warrior control is a strong deck, but the higher ranks around 8-14 is very dominated by Zoo decks and other kind of rush decks.
Edited by FanaticGamer on 3/10/2014 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
aggro matchups should be where you shine as control warrior (unless unlucky). Are you playing a list similar to the Kitkatz list?
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 09:37 PMPosted by Phaenx
aggro matchups should be where you shine as control warrior (unless unlucky). Are you playing a list similar to the Kitkatz list?

I'm running KitKatz list with modifications. I'm running Deathwing as an MVP and shuffle between 2x Brawls or 2x Acolytes.
Reply Quote
I've been playing control warrior with some minor tweaks to combat the current yolo-zoo meta. I went from rank 15 to rank 7 over the last 2 days.

2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Shield Slam
2x Cruel Task Master
2x Heroic Strike
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Armorsmith
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Kro'Kran elite
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Shield Block
1x Brawl
1x GoreHowl
1x Gromash
1x Ragnaros
1x Alextraza
1x Ysera

The Arathi weaponsmith was a staple rush stopper back in the day, it seems to have fallen out of favor in the current meta for some reason and takes rush decks by surprise. The inclusion of Kro'Kron Elite also helps for removal or early pressure against handlocks and other slower control decks.

Battlenet was down when I posted so I'm posting from memory, if there are mis-spelled cards I apologize.
Edited by MattM on 3/18/2014 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/18/2014 08:36 AMPosted by MattM
I've been playing control warrior with some minor tweaks to combat the current yolo-zoo meta. I went from rank 15 to rank 7 over the last 2 days.

2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Shield Slam
2x Cruel Task Master
2x Heroic Strike
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Armorsmith
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Kro'Kran elite
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Shield Block
1x Brawl
1x GoreHowl
1x Gromash
1x Ragnaros
1x Alextraza
1x Ysera

The Arathi weaponsmith was a staple rush stopper back in the day, it seems to have fallen out of favor in the current meta for some reason and takes rush decks by surprise. The inclusion of Kro'Kron Elite also helps for removal or early pressure against handlocks and other slower control decks.

Battlenet was down when I posted so I'm posting from memory, if there are mis-spelled cards I apologize.

I'm curious about this deck because I'm also looking for something to rank up with as warrior control player. I don't yet have Grommosh but put in Leeroy do you think he is a suitable replacement for the current meta in your experience? I only have 1 shield slam as well atm, I have every other card in this list. Also, how does this deck do against handlock? Because I know that is another popular deck you come up against, well Giant decks in general, not just Warlock Giants and control mirrors?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]