Tink nerf & Control Warrior

I just finished crafting all the cards I need for the Warrior Control deck (Wow, it's expensive!) and am wondering what I should replace Tink with? Ironbeak? BGH?

What are you going to replace Tink with?
Edited by Pwnageirl on 3/10/2014 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Eh its a hard one. tink was really big for control wars. I'm guessing a silance but it doesn't really synergise with war decks imo. Big game kills only rag and giants. What about bloodhoof sylvana yesera trion ect ect.

At least we have execute and shiledslam do deal with big things but man the tink nerf hurts war.Not quite as much as druid or paladin but still...

Pretty bad time to craft the war deck tbh.I have no idea what will happen to it.Some major redesigns might be needed.

jiz.
Edited by Wss4ll on 3/10/2014 7:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
tink was a really big part of the war deck and all I can say is that it can only be replaced by silence or BGH because that warrior deck does NOT have any silence so cards easily dealt with like tirion all of the sudden become a giant issue
Reply Quote
im going to be giving sylvannas a shot after the nerf. She will probably not get tinked now, which should make it more problematic for opponents to deal with. otherwise i might just add BGH+alchemist
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 09:22 PMPosted by Phaenx
im going to be giving sylvannas a shot after the nerf. She will probably not get tinked now, which should make it more problematic for opponents to deal with. otherwise i might just add BGH+alchemist

Yeah I was thinking sylvanas might be decent in hes place.

Might be a bit heavy on the mana mana curve tho. Sylv Bloodhoof and I use baron geddon too.
Edited by Wss4ll on 3/11/2014 12:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Gonna replace mine with a faceless manipulator.
Reply Quote
ok, this sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Death wing :)

Warrior does not have the best card draw to begin with so its possible to play him at no cost while still destroying the enemy field.

any you get to keep gorehowl/ reaper in play.

he is basically a warrior card, and with not tinkmaster around to slap him down... it could be a thing :)
Reply Quote
No idea what cards you crafted if you claim it was expensive, as all you really need is Grommash+Alexstrasza on the legendary front, even Tinkmaster wasn't strictly needed though it obviously helped against certain decks while being utterly useless against others. Silence minions like Ironbeak Owl are more than suitable as a replacement. Besides there aren't many things Warriors can't handle without silence, seeing that ping+execute gets rid of anything regardless of hp and your weapons Arcanite Reaper and Gorehowl kill most fatties without assistance as it already stands. Thus BGH is overkill against control decks and especially mid-range decks and is utterly useless against aggro decks. If anything Warrior control decks will only become stronger, not weaker, as neither Tink nor Pagle was a staple for the deck, and it's the control deck with the most versatile and plentiful removal options as well as a killer combo that is almost guaranteed to get the job done.
Reply Quote
I tend to be of the opinion that the to tink nerfs actually helped control warrior. Tink was only really used to take out an opposing large impact threat and wouldn't usually be useful vs the more midrange or rush strategies. Tink being in the metagame means that nearly every deck you face will have a very efficient out to one of our many late game powerhouses . Sure no tink hurts our game vs control but it effects other control decks the same way, or worse in the case of druid and pally who dont have unbiased creature destruction like we get with execute. I personally will be replacing tink with faceless to atleast match their sylvannis or carne I wont have a good answer for.
Reply Quote
tink nerf helps warrior A LOT.

Don't complain.
Edited by Vaporaction on 3/11/2014 12:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Never used it in my deck...has a really good win rate. BUT, I did add molten giants now that tink was nerfed and most people won't use it.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 10:04 AMPosted by LifeStone
ok, this sounds crazy, but hear me out.

Death wing :)

Warrior does not have the best card draw to begin with so its possible to play him at no cost while still destroying the enemy field.

any you get to keep gorehowl/ reaper in play.

he is basically a warrior card, and with not tinkmaster around to slap him down... it could be a thing :)

I'm already running both Deathwing and Tink. I'm going to replace tink with an Owl at first and see how that pans out, later I'll maybe use Syl instead but I fear the mana cost will be too much. After turn 6 you wanna play Cairne, Gorehowl, Geddon, Ragnaros and Alex etc, not Syl.
Reply Quote
i didnt use tinkmaster, i used pagle tho ;[
Reply Quote
I didn't bother with tink in the last patch either, so tink nerf feels like a buff to me. Executes and shield slams and weapons are all the removal I've needed.
Reply Quote
I had Tink but I'm lacking Baron Geddon or Alexstrasa in my deck, I have all other legs already (Kitkatz deck with Sylvanas, Grommash, Ysera, Cairne, Black Knight & Ragnaros)

Should I go Geddon or Alexstrasa ?
Reply Quote
I can see the appeal of Geddon, but Alexstrasza has been a godsend for my control warrior deck. Her ability has been fantastic nearly every time I've played her. Being able to either stabilize or deal a huge chunk of damage if I've spent the first several turns playing board control is incredibly useful.
Reply Quote
Thanks, I'm done and made an Alexstraza. And yup, very useful, won a game where I was 2 hp with it.
Reply Quote
Alexstrasza is a key to control Warrior decks, don't bother playing control Warrior without it Imho. Baron Geddon isn't a key card but he's certainly a welcome addition, so if you have him by all means use him, if not than use other cards in its place.
Reply Quote
I'm tempted to start running a Black Knight, especially since giants tend to be taunted anyways. Tried BGH as a sub, found it still sits in my hand or at the bottom of the deck more often than it's useful.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 12:28 PMPosted by Vaporaction
tink nerf helps warrior A LOT.

Don't complain.

Yeah, I agree. We already have enough removals as it is. Tirion etc can be annoying but you can add a faceless in your deck somewhere I guess. And now our legendary spam is stronger.

Druids on the other hand really suffer a lot from the tink nerf. They lost their only viable hard removal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]