For the love of God Blizzard; fix Hunter rush

Yes rush in general is killing this game but Hunter rush is the lowest of the low. Virtually 0 skill deck that is the most cancerous thing I have ever played against.

The Hunter forum is basically rife with complaints about this class; why aren't you hotfixing this mess you've created with UTH?

Seriously; that deck is as anti-fun and toxic as it gets.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 09:23 AMPosted by osea101
killing this game

Virtually 0 skill deck

cancerous

rife with complaints

hotfixing this mess

toxic

Sorry, but it's the same old buzzword crap with no actual arguments as to why it should be changed, or suggestions for change.
Reply Quote
Run Elven Archer.

Your welcome.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 09:27 AMPosted by Intoshadows
Run Elven Archer.

Your welcome.

Thanks, I can die faster now with the extra cards they are drawing and doggies they are unleashing.
Edited by Chiong on 3/7/2014 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
I can deal with any other rush deck but not that mess of a class; it's too cost efficient. The hunter just spams minions that deal too much damage for too little of a cost.
Reply Quote
I started playing KitKatz warrior control deck again, and I've been winning 5/7 games against hunters so far. It's pretty much the perfect counter to that deck, the only real problem is playing against murloc rush really.
Reply Quote
My winrate against hunter rush is around 65-70% with all my ranked decks.

Only have 2 or 3 minions at most in play at any given time.
Use your brain when he has a trap in play, most just run explosive and misdirection.

If you frequently run into rush decks add heals or armor gain cards into your deck.
Edited by MadJohnny on 3/7/2014 9:37 AM PST
Reply Quote
Yes rush in general is killing this game but Hunter rush is the lowest of the low. Virtually 0 skill deck that is the most cancerous thing I have ever played against.

The Hunter forum is basically rife with complaints about this class; why aren't you hotfixing this mess you've created with UTH?

Seriously; that deck is as anti-fun and toxic as it gets.

no such thing as a zero skill deck in this game

but the skill cap is extremely low on all decks. most situations aren't very complex, even with the control decks. And losing the game can come down to one turn between play A, or play B. And many games were simply out of reach from the start because you didn't have the right match up for any of your plays.
Edited by StRaItJaCkEt on 3/7/2014 9:39 AM PST
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 09:36 AMPosted by MadJohnny
My winrate against hunter rush is around 65-70% with all my ranked decks.

Only have 2 or 3 minions at most in play at any given time.
Use your brain when he has a trap in play, most just run explosive and misdirection.

If you frequently run into rush decks add heals or armor gain cards into your deck.

If you run only two minions his "deal x damage to two random minions" will immediately wipe your board.

The hunter class has very little counters except for mass taunts and healing.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 09:38 AMPosted by osea101

If you run only two minions his "deal x damage to two random minions" will immediately wipe your board.

The hunter class has very little counters except for mass taunts and healing.
I don't think there's a lot of hunters that actually play multishot. Deadly shot and UtH combos are so strong that you either want to keep the board clear for easy deadly shot or allow them lots of minions for combos.
Reply Quote
It's just popular now but I'm seeing it less and less, which means the Meta is shifting, players are figuring it out. This isn't something the developers even need to think about changing, especially since players by in large have figured out how to beat it.
Reply Quote
Playing hunters can be frustrating but when I played one myself today for the daily quest I realized they are screwed if they don't get UTH and/or the bow early. That is 4 cards out of 30 so it happens a lot more than I realized when playing them.
Edited by Haldir on 3/7/2014 9:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hunter rush does require some skill in the later rankings. I think the issue is rush in general requires no skill to get very far. You can literally barf your hand up in no particular order and win alot. You are not punished for bad plays at all.

turn 1 arcane shot to the face
Poor order/placement for key minions.
poor value use of minions/combo/removal cards

These plays can still lead to success and it should not.
Reply Quote
Have only two minions on board at a time.Hunter rush cannot take board control so its easy.A big taunt also pretty much screws them most times when they dont have the ironbeak owl in hand.Easy deck to deal with so L2P!
Reply Quote
You must of faced me at some point, I have been running with hunter rush since beta started xD

taunt and aoe is your friend. Priests have the worst play style, and its good against hunters.

as a hunter I just want to rush and win as many games as i can, priests sit and turtle, and perhaps win the game after half an hour of hard decision making and patience... what a joke

hunter can barely stay a float using any other deck than rush, any other deck requires severe luck.
if anything on hunter would be reduced and nerfed you would definitely need to do fix mage first.

PS: i've seen some good rush warriors, and hiding behind them... secretly hiding are some extremely tough rush paladins. they are rare because paladin and warrior require some rares to be good, hunters require only basic cards really.
Reply Quote
Hunters are annoying..

Every tard on this forum say "use taunts!"

Oh okay i'll use taunts while they Deadly Shot it, Arcane Damage, Animal Companion, Misdirection, Hunter Mark, Freezing Trap, UtH

On top of that im not allowed to play more than 2 minion's against Hunters because of UtH and most !@#$% response is PLAY AROUND IT! PLAY LESS THEN 2 MINIONS!

Yup i'll do that.

Thxs everyone!
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Phunkism
Oh okay i'll use taunts while they Deadly Shot it, Arcane Damage, Animal Companion, Misdirection, Hunter Mark, Freezing Trap, UtH

So almost half of their deck is listed in that tirade, compared to your "taunt".

On top of that im not allowed to play more than 2 minion's against Hunters because of UtH and most !@#$% response is PLAY AROUND IT! PLAY LESS THEN 2 MINIONS!

That is one way to play around it, not the only way.

Yup i'll do that.

No you won't, who are you kidding.
Reply Quote
Sorry, but it's the same old buzzword crap with no actual arguments as to why it should be changed, or suggestions for change.[/quote]

well basically its a deck that you play agianst where you're damned if you do play minions and your damned if you dont. And your damned if you use removal. Because they will just flood the field again.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Malice
well basically its a deck that you play agianst where you're damned if you do play minions and your damned if you dont. And your damned if you use removal. Because they will just flood the field again.

That is every deck strategy.

You waste resources on minions, your opponent removes them.
You spend resources on control, your opponent breaks your control.
You burn out his control, he refills.

That is every single deck in the game.
Reply Quote
Run 2 Ooze and 2 Taz Dingo. Helps dramatically if a majority of your matches are hunter. I see way more aggro locks and paladins the past couple days though.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]