Blue response on UTH ?

03/07/2014 10:02 AMPosted by Galgazar
They're not going to respond because they disagree with the criticism

If they're not going to respond, how would you know they disagree? Fortune teller?

They responded the patch before last patch.

03/07/2014 10:19 AMPosted by MadJohnny
Blue's said the card is fine.

03/10/2014 12:22 PMPosted by threei
They responded. They said l2p ya baddie.

Link please.

03/10/2014 10:24 AMPosted by Luffe
As we all knew UtH is fine and not up for any changes:

this prove it:

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/11985288985#1

Doesn't mention UtH at all.

04/04/2014 06:57 PMPosted by OwlRaider
How is playing around UTH any different than playing around AoEs in general?

Name one other class with an AoE that allows them to draw obscene amounts of cards, and/or leaves them with a 8/5 bruiser, or lets them ignore minions altogether and just go for the face and end the game.

Part of playing around Flamestrike and other AoEs is trying to bait them out when you want them to be played. You can't bait out UtH. If you at ANY point make it favorable for the Hunter to play it, it doesn't matter how you regain board presence after he uses it, he still gets to draw a crazy amount of cards.
Edited by RaSTVaMPHuNT on 4/5/2014 3:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 11:23 AMPosted by PantsFree
03/07/2014 11:01 AMPosted by Zyron
When you are a paladin or Sham, it's VERY hard to work around NOT playing minions.
do you mean its hard to not play minions as a shaman or a paladin? I for one play a lot of paladin, and usually against a hunter I wont drop a minion until turn 4. then I just drop one big fat thing at a time, or two if I have a DoA or Sunfury in my hand, then the hunter cries as they start their miserable ascent up !@#$ed Mountain.

...or they just use deadly shot...or swarmed you with their creatures because they do not suffer from a restriction.

Also weird, why did you guys complain about mind control. I mean, you could work around it like UtH - just play no creatures ;)

Ok, that was just a piece of sarcasm.

The combo has just too much going for it (car draw, the aoe effect stays - hounds do not despawn, you can easily double or triple their damage, AND you can divide the damage l like you want it to) and especially with tracking is easy to get

And yes, you can somewhat counter that effect by playing only 2 creatures but people simply forget:
1. You are fighting an uphill battle, you fight restricted, your opponent no - and that because of one card
2. You still draw 2-3 cards. 2-3 card can be the difference between winning and losing
3. You still can draw more cards - the board is usually clear and the opponent first have to have something to kill the vulture or the hyena. In reality you often cannot kill the vulture right away. What happens then: a hunter can play one more turn with new cards on their hand and draws again more. So we are at a 4-6 card advantage.

And yes, the problem is especially in the casual sector where people do not have the necessary cards.
Reply Quote
03/07/2014 11:20 AMPosted by Moncrief

You obviously wasn't around when the Mind Contol complaints skyrocketed to nearly every other thread.

And I think maybe Blizzard learned a lesson from how they dealt with Mind Control. They listened to the hysterical ranting of a bunch of scrubs who couldn't handle a class that was not even doing very well, and nerfed Mind Control. This reduced a class that was already almost never seen in tournaments and high rank play to a state of near unplayability.

Hopefully, Blizzard has learned that most of their players are scrubs, and the more venomously a card generates rants, the higher the likelyhood that it is a complete non-issue.

poor priest learn to steal more...
Reply Quote
04/05/2014 12:01 PMPosted by RaSTVaMPHuNT
Name one other class with an AoE that allows them to draw obscene amounts of cards, and/or leaves them with a 8/5 bruiser, or lets them ignore minions altogether and just go for the face and end the game.

Part of playing around Flamestrike and other AoEs is trying to bait them out when you want them to be played. You can't bait out UtH. If you at ANY point make it favorable for the Hunter to play it, it doesn't matter how you regain board presence after he uses it, he still gets to draw a crazy amount of cards.

If you bothered reading my post that you've quoted a part of here you would have noticed that I specifically mentioned Flamestrike/Blizzard/spell powered Arcane Explosion+Arcane Intellect which basically does the same thing you claim UTH+Buzzard+Timber Wolf does. I think you can agree with me that Flamestrike/Blizzard/spell powered Arcane Explosion+Arcane Intellect is nowhere near OP, so why is UTH+Buzzard+Timber Wolf? Also if you insist on 8/5 bruiser, so that means another card, the Hyena for a 4 card combo. Don't know about you but I can think of plenty of 4 card combos that will actually kill you, not just clear the board and draw a bunch of useless cards that won't prevent your death the following turn.

Also, are you for real? Baiting out Flamestrike and baiting out UTH is the exact same method. You don't flood the board against Flamestrike, nor do you do it against UTH. If you do flood the board than you only do it for a very good reason, or if you know the incoming Flamestrike/UTH won't be quite as damaging, such as flooding the board with 3+ health minions so it will take 2 hounds for each of your minion rather than 1 for 1. As far as not being able to bait out UTH, that's wrong too. If you only maintain 2-3 minions at once on your board at all times than eventually the Hunter player will realize that he won't get any more than 3 hounds from UTH so he will cast it, or he will stubbornly wait like you say and keep his entire combo as useless dead cards in his hand. Either way it's a win for you. The same can be said about Flamestrike, only it's just 1 card that you have no problem spending to kill 2-3 minions as it's still a 1 for 2/3 trade, unlike UTH which already costs you 3 cards(UTH, Buzzard and Timber Wolf) so you're much more mindful about burning them all in a suboptimal situation. So in fact playing around UTH is actually easier than Flamestrike, and much more predictable too.

Keep trying though, I challenge you and the rest of your ilk to come up with a single valid argument for UTH's supposed OPness. So far I've managed to counter/outright dismiss the very few arguments you guys actually bothered to present, invalidating them all. So go ahead, enlighten me.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 08:29 AMPosted by OwlRaider
Keep trying though, I challenge you and the rest of your ilk to come up with a single valid argument for UTH's supposed OPness. So far I've managed to counter/outright dismiss the very few arguments you guys actually bothered to present, invalidating them all. So go ahead, enlighten me.

Alright, record a video of EACH CLASS beating face rush Hunter. I'd be very interested to see how you'll handle the Shaman vs Hunter setup.

Or are you just all talk?
Reply Quote
Why do people always claim you can't play fat minions vs facerush Hunter because of Deadly Shot? Absolutely zero face rush Hunters use Deadly Shot, none of them. That's a Control Hunter card or you are playing at rank 20 vs random trash tier Hunters and losing simply because you are bad.
Reply Quote

Point me another class with "AoE" that actually stays on board, draw you 2+cards, and gives you synergy next turn with half your deck.
That's all.

So you have to clean it after he faced you. Means he keeps a 98% kill move next turn with that many cheap cards he now has.
What nothing to clean ? He traded ? So he actually judged that your board was threatening him badly enough by turn... 6 ? Never. Happens. He has 20+ life, he doesn't care.

95% of hunters matches are like that. Whatever class you play. Druid or not. Shaman... Hahaha.

We don't care about winrate and balance crap, we (as players) care about FUN.
Everyone is watching streams, everyone is copying decks, devs should move their asses a lot faster. Result ? Ladder is infested with Zoo locks (thanks reynad...) and UtH hunters now, and rest are druids trying to counter those 2.

Booooooring.
Edited by Femto on 4/7/2014 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
UTH thing is totally out of hand. Do I run UTH? Of course, it's the only way hunters get any form of card draw outside of neutrals and flare.

Most people don't even play more than 3 minions at a time vs hunters these days and you end up spending AT LEAST 4 mana for the UTH + Buzzard combo. 4 mana for 3 cards, and unless the board is filled with x/1 minions you're not gonna clear anything unless you now up that combo to 5 mana and throw in a wolf. Even then your card draw was 4 and you MIGHT clear up the board.

So outside of a 3-4 card draw in a single game what other options do Hunters have?

If people complain about the clearing power of the combo, again, it's AT LEAST 3 mana (wolf + UTH + 3 minions played by your opponent) for a 6 dmg charge and it's dependent on the other player actually putting down minions. This may or may not clear the board let alone dent it.

I'm not saying UTH isn't strong, it is, that's why it's in my beast deck, but it's not as crazy as people make it out to be. In most cases I'm guessing the person got out played or took too many risks with too many low HP minions on the board and got decimated by the combo. A single taunt wrecks the combo especially if the hunter has used most of his removal.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Femto

Point me another class with "AoE" that actually stays on board, draw you 2+cards, and gives you synergy next turn with half your deck.
That's all.

[/quote]

How is this "AOE" staying on the board? They're 1/1 minions. How are they performing AOE and still on the board? You draw cards, you do 1 dmg each or 2 dmg each if you have a wolf out. If they're not attacking minions they're not AOE right? So how are they staying on the board?
Edited by Sonny on 4/7/2014 5:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
cant mindlessly counter with their current deck.

sorry when a card makes 2 classes hero powers a death sentence for ever using it, the card is broken. it should be flat out removed or completely reworked.
Reply Quote
Leeroy is a legendary card, so you have to figure not everyone has one that plays a hunter deck.
UTH requires your opponent to have minions on the field and then even after that they are only 1/1's and in most situations they get up to a whopping 2/1. So using 2 cards you can have anywhere from 1-6 2/1 minions with charge for 3 mana. Add on another 2 mana and you're drawing 1-5 cards and now only getting 1-5 2/1's with charge. Throw in Leeroy and you now can only have 1-4 2/1 creatures with charge or remove the wolf and you have 4 1/1 creatures or remove the buzzard and draw no cards.

Meanwhile a mage using + to spell power can simply use arcane explosion and board wipe the enemy side for a mere 2 mana. Nerf please. My poor hounds can't even stand up to a regular arcane explosion let alone one that is buffed with extra spell power.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 02:16 AMPosted by TehOcelot
sorry when a card makes 2 classes hero powers a death sentence for ever using it, the card is broken. it should be flat out removed or completely reworked.

1) You love to exaggerate, don't you. In no way will 1 extra dog ever be an imbalanced death sentence. Not even 2 or 3 honestly. It would be impactful yes, but not crippling ubless you are just spamming minions.

2) If your deck is using the minions (i.e. buffing them), then it still is useful. Just dont spam them.

04/07/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Femto
What nothing to clean ? He traded ? So he actually judged that your board was threatening him badly enough by turn... 6 ? Never. Happens. He has 20+ life, he doesn't care.

funny...most classes can dish out 20 damage turn 6, especially if they have a board to start with.
Reply Quote
I think the point is that after UTH the Hunter has many cards in their hand, maybe one or two minions and probably enough cards to kill you in the next two turns, regardless of what you have in your hand. They're at 20+HP you're at 15ish HP. I'm a Shaman. I play against Hunters. I win though because poor play will lose the game even with broken cards.

Without UTH, no one would play hunter. It's the only card that sways the class from overwhelmingly awful to overwhelmingly superior. Other classes have synergy with their class cards, but they don't rely on drawing the one card to have an insane advantage over the opponent. Yeah, the face roll hunters are awful. It's the ones who have deadly shot and snipe that are a problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]