Interesting scenario with Immunity

Very unusual scenario occured in an arena match for me today- unusual because it involved two rare cards.

I had Spellbender up, and my opponent Hunter cast Bestial Wrath, which of course my Spellbender took to make it a 3/3 Immune. (I was unsure if it would work as Spellbender is obviously not a Beast, but that's not what the thread is really about.)

The Hunter then used Deadly Shot, which hit the Spellbender and killed it.

I am, of course, aware that the "Immunity" tooltip reads "Immune characters can't be damaged", while Deadly shot outright destroys a minion, which is why this isn't in Bug Reports. ;)

However, is this really as intended? As far as I can tell, this is the only possible scenario where an immune creature can be killed, apart from Bestial Wrath creature attacking a Vaporize Mage's face.

Would it not make more sense for Immune to read "Immune characters cannot be damaged or destroyed", to be more appropriate for being, well, immune?

(I won the game anyway, it's just a matter of interest because there are scenarios where this could lose a Hunter a game.)
Reply Quote
03/08/2014 12:41 PMPosted by Bottle
However, is this really as intended? As far as I can tell, this is the only possible scenario where an immune creature can be killed, apart from Bestial Wrath creature attacking a Vaporize Mage's face.

so you r ok with the mages killing a immune creature but yet blow a gasket for when a hunter does it? a little hypocritical there aint you?

and for the wording change then you'd also have to change divine shield aspects with assasinate to many changes for something thats not really broke
Edited by Piviot on 3/8/2014 1:15 PM PST
Reply Quote

so you r ok with the mages killing a immune creature but yet blow a gasket for when a hunter does it? a little hypocritical there aint you?

and for the wording change then you'd also have to change divine shield aspects with assasinate to many changes for something thats not really broke

Fella, I main as Hunter in Ranked play, so don't think "Oh no an evil mage in coming in and bashing the hunter class". As with almost everyone else, if a Mage comes up in Arena, you take it.

Not sure how this counts as blowing a gasket either when I clearly said it didn't affect the game result and was merely an inquiry as to whether this was working as intended. I never said I was OK with a mage Vaporising an Immune creature. If anything, I was trying to raise awareness of the fact amongst fellow hunters.

Do Divine Shield and Immune count as the same effect, then? Except that Divine Shield only lasts for 1 hit while Immune lasts for 1 turn? I never thought of it that way. Interesting way of looking at things.
Edited by Bottle on 3/8/2014 2:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
i wouldnt call it a blowing a gasket either i just couldnt come up with anything better(brain fart)

but divine shield stops the first incoming damage so they'd have to change it if they worded the immune thing for hunters to be fair

deadly shot and assasinate dont damage anything they just destroy it
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]