Need help with my control hunter deck

So I've been able to get to Rank 15 with its current composition, but I know for a fact that it's... stupid and wildly ineffective towards most everything. I haven't exactly found any Control Synergy hunter decks that don't have cards I still don't have, so alas. Any most likely drastic suggestions on what I should change?

1 x Hunters Mark
2 x Timber Wolf
2 x UNF
2 x Bloodfen Raptors
2 x Scavenging Hyenas
2 x Buzzards
2 x Animal Companions
1 x Deadly Shot
1 x Eaglehorn Bow
2 x Harvest Golem
1 x Ironfur Grizzly
1 x Chillwind Yeti
2 x Houndmaster
1 x Explosive shot (only have one, at the moment)
1 x Faceless Manipulator
1 x Venture Co
1 x Argent Commander
2 x Savannah Highmane
1 x Ragnaros

Any help would be appreciated (and once more, I know this deck sucks).
Reply Quote
So I've been able to get to Rank 15 with its current composition, but I know for a fact that it's... stupid and wildly ineffective towards most everything. I haven't exactly found any Control Synergy hunter decks that don't have cards I still don't have, so alas. Any most likely drastic suggestions on what I should change?

1 x Hunters Mark
2 x Timber Wolf
2 x UNF (you mean UtH?)
2 x Bloodfen Raptors
2 x Scavenging Hyenas
2 x Buzzards
2 x Animal Companions
1 x Deadly Shot
1 x Eaglehorn Bow
2 x Harvest Golem
1 x Ironfur Grizzly
1 x Chillwind Yeti
2 x Houndmaster
1 x Explosive shot (only have one, at the moment)
1 x Faceless Manipulator
1 x Venture Co
1 x Argent Commander
2 x Savannah Highmane
1 x Ragnaros

Any help would be appreciated (and once more, I know this deck sucks).
My control deck has gotten up to 14, so not saying mine is any better, but I'm thinking it will go up quite a bit with a couple changes and some more grinding. So something that your control deck lacks is control over the enemy board, and you're missing a ton of staples. Hunter has a lot of removal, and I use at least 10 cards of it; 2 is pretty low.
1) I would consider taking out Eaglehorn Bow unless you have at least 2 trap cards; the more, the better. Multi-shot is an ok alternative.
2) You definitely need explosive trap to help with rush decks.
3) Kill command is amazing. I don't understand why you would leave it out.
4) Ironbeak Owls are pretty important to control. I've been getting my butt kicked by more expensive decks and am considering putting them back into mine.
5) Arcane Shot; also awesome for early removal or pinging.
I'm not pro by any means, so don't take anything I say as gospel.
What does your deck have the most trouble with atm?
Edited by copypasta on 3/10/2014 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Bloodfen Raptors and Ironfur Grizzlies in a competitive deck? There are much better alternatives at 2 and 3 mana and they don't need to be beasts as your only beast synergy is Buzzard and it's unlikely Buzzard will stay alive longer than the turn you play it(with UTH). 1 of the main strengths of control Hunters is that a lot of Hunter's secrets are viable to them, yet you're not playing any. On top of it you're playing Eaglehorn Bow, which is only good if you play it with a few secrets otherwise it's just a 3 mana Fiery War Axe(which costs 2). Also you have the full compliment of Hyena+Buzzard+Timber+UTH which fits aggro decks more than control. Control decks usually keep Buzzard+UTH, for the card drawing, and leaves the others out for more controlling cards, such as the above mentioned secrets.

So basically get rid of all your flat out inferior(such as Raptors and Grizzlies) and all out aggressive(such as Hyenas and Timbers) and add more controlling elements and some especially some secrets.
Reply Quote
I'd say I struggle most at late game, at the moment. I put in explosive traps, and that's helped a little dealing with aggro, and my mid game is strong, but I just fizzle out at the end due to poor card draw. Also some times I have difficulties getting going -- which is why I put in the Raptors and Grizzlies, to kinda help with struggling in the beginning to get momentum. Although I'm indeed taking them out because they suck.
Reply Quote
03/10/2014 03:10 PMPosted by Wryness
I'd say I struggle most at late game, at the moment. I put in explosive traps, and that's helped a little dealing with aggro, and my mid game is strong, but I just fizzle out at the end due to poor card draw. Also some times I have difficulties getting going -- which is why I put in the Raptors and Grizzlies, to kinda help with struggling in the beginning to get momentum. Although I'm indeed taking them out because they suck.
I find that Crocolisk helps out pretty well with getting some early game momentum, especially if you can follow it up with a Houndmaster later. But if your fizzling out in the late game, then try shifting your mana curve higher, or include some Acolytes of Pain to help with card advantage. I used to have this problem, but forcing myself to play fewer cards, and shifting my mana curve just slightly higher really helped me out with this problem.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]