Far Sight Leeroy OTK

Just wanted to say that Far Sight is an actually -amazing- card.

2x Rockbiter
2x Windfury/Windspeaker
(Add another 2x Windfury/Windspeaker if you want)
2x Abusive Sergeant
Leeroy
2x Far Sight

Best case scenario:
Turn 2 Coin -> Far Sight -> Draw a windfury card(Now costs nothing)
Turn 3 Far Sight->Draw Leeroy(Now costs 1)
Turn 4 -> Leeroy(1)->Rockbiter(1)->Rockbiter(1)->Abusive Sergeant(1)->Windfury(0)-> 4 mana spent.
28 damage charge.

Of course this is unlikely to happen but you can simply play this in a control deck without the sergeants just like handlocks who play leeroy+power overwhelming and miracle rogues who play shadowstep+coldblood leeroy. You can simply play windfury+rockbiter leeroy. And Far Sight is actually great for turn 6 onyxia and the combo I just mentioned. The card you draw will cost 3 less for the entire game.
Reply Quote
Farsight is a card that would be great if it was like preparation and you could choose the card say in hand then draw 1 card. As is there is 0 strategy with farsight as its luck of the draw even if you stacked many high mp cards.
Reply Quote
Far sight is a good card but hoping for this combo is beyond ridiculous.
Reply Quote
Far sight needs to work like tracking.

Give you 3 choice of cards, draw the one u want and its cost 3 less to play.
Reply Quote
03/12/2014 10:41 PMPosted by Managarn
Far sight needs to work like tracking.

I was thinking of something similar. I would like it to be: "Pick up the top 4 cards of your deck, then place them back in any order.". More useful than its current effect, and fits with the theme.
Reply Quote
03/13/2014 03:10 AMPosted by Rade
"Pick up the top 4 cards of your deck, then place them back in any order."

This would be most OP card in current HS set.
Reply Quote
ar sight needs to work like tracking.

I was thinking of something similar. I would like it to be: "Pick up the top 4 cards of your deck, then place them back in any order.". More useful than its current effect, and fits with the theme.

I think that would be a little overpowered, maybe if Farsight had its cost increased to 4 in order to compensate for that much selection power.
Reply Quote
03/12/2014 05:12 PMPosted by CombatMist
As is there is 0 strategy with farsight

I disagree.

& honestly being able to choose the card you want or even from a tracking-like draw would be insanely strong…

incidentally, though, as it is it will enable you make a stronger play with a card in your hand. Think of it as reducing the mana cost of a turn instead of the mana cost of a card.
Edited by Oniyui on 3/14/2014 12:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Why do you guys want just another form of tracking? No. Just no.

Don't you understand that each class has it's STRENGTHS and it's WEAKNESSES.

Stop asking for carbon copy cards from other classes.

Making it like preparation also makes it only lowered cost for that turn. Far sight's reduction is *permanent* until played so it's like stockpiling that mana FOR ANY turn you want to play it on.

While the RNG is just that, it's RNG. You don't have to play with it, you can run double mana tide totems, or whatever card draw you want to add in your deck; but please stop asking for the card to be "like <X class card>" because it just shows you don't know how to build a deck or utilize the strengths of each class.
Reply Quote
While the RNG is just that, it's RNG. You don't have to play with it, you can run double mana tide totems, or whatever card draw you want to add in your deck; but please stop asking for the card to be "like <X class card>" because it just shows you don't know how to build a deck or utilize the strengths of each class.

People are simply commenting on how to make this card more usable. As a class, shaman have some of the worse epics that do not synergize with the typical shaman deck.

Your comment of "don't play it" is stating the situation that is now. In no way does Farsight add to our strengths aside from being a gimmick.

Let's be constructive.
Reply Quote
far sight is also pretty amazing when you drop malygos then follow it up with a free lightning storm
Reply Quote

People are simply commenting on how to make this card more usable. As a class, shaman have some of the worse epics that do not synergize with the typical shaman deck.

Your comment of "don't play it" is stating the situation that is now. In no way does Farsight add to our strengths aside from being a gimmick.

Let's be constructive.

It is constructive. I USE it in my current shaman deck and enjoy it. It's no more random then any other slightly based RNG card. Even tracking itself is inherently random. You're being given 3 random cards with tracking and told to choose 1/discard 2. What happens if you use tracking and both UTH cards comes up? You just got screwed by RNG losing one of your UTH cards.

Playing tracking is a gamble that you'll get "1 card you need" and hopefully 2 cards you can throw away or won't be as necessary.

What happens if you play Ragnaros on a board with more then 1 minion? You're gambling that Ragnaros hits the minion you want. You can minimize the RNG in some cases, but other times you can't control it.

To state that somehow Tracking is "better" then Far sight or to claim that tracking is less RNG is ridiculous, short-sighted, and frankly...naive.

As for your comment about epic ranked cards being worse for shaman that don't synergize. What?!?!
Doomhammer - Synergizes very well with rockbiter. Also synergizes with "Unbound Elemental"
Far Sight - Moot point since I know your opinion on this already
Earth Elemental - Pretty much a great card that everyone knows if it survives the turn it's played is a beast. Also synergizes with the shaman class card "Unbound Elemental"

What about Warlock? Their epics aren't exactly "super OP" either.
Pit Lord - I rarely see people run this due to the health cost of casting him.
Twisting Nether - Super expensive board wipe that also affects your own minions. Very situational.
Bane of Doom - Overcosted removal spell that requires you to get lucky and summon 2/5 of the possible minions to break even in relative cost.

Let's talk about Warrior as well!
Shield Slam - Requires you to build card that stack armor or use hero power to get a lot of value out of it
Brawl - Affects your own minions as well and could very well screw you over by leaving the 1 "big" enemy minion alive.
Gorehowl- The only card that is considered decent for warrior Epics but pretty much requires you to use it for minion removal (barring specific circumstances)

I could go on and on, but don't you DARE say that shaman have the "Worst" epic cards or even go on to say that our epic cards don't synergize any more or less then the other classes. Next time you want to step up to the plate, do your homework instead of relying on hyperbole and thinly veiled pretentiousness.
Edited by Sykomyke on 3/14/2014 2:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
It is constructive. I USE it in my current shaman deck and enjoy it. It's no more random then any other slightly based RNG card. Even tracking itself is inherently random.

Feel free to post your deck here.

And I will say whatever I want, as should you. Who knows, you might start something.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 01:33 PMPosted by Wilson
It is constructive. I USE it in my current shaman deck and enjoy it. It's no more random then any other slightly based RNG card. Even tracking itself is inherently random.

Feel free to post your deck here.

And I will say whatever I want, as should you. Who knows, you might start something.

You're right, your welcome to say whatever you want. Does that make your statements correct through? No. I did notice how you conveniently failed to respond me to my correction of your "epic cards-synergy" comment though. Look everyone makes mistakes and if you went a little overboard and made a hyperbolic statement about epic cards, then just own up to it and move on. I won't hold it against you for making a mistake... but I will hold it against you for making such a heavy handed statement about epic cards, failing to provide proof of said statement, and (then when corrected) pretending you never made it in the first place.

As for posting my deck? No. I don't copy decks from anyone else (streamer or otherwise); nor do I copy from any other site. I don't netdeck and don't promote netdecking. All you need to know is I use 2x Far Sight in my deck.

If you have a relative point to bring up about the deck and Far Sight, then I'm all ears.
Reply Quote
/shrug. Feel free to prove me wrong about Farsight when you feel like it. It sucks.
Reply Quote
That's your opinion that it sucks. The fact you fail to acknowledge any of my previous statements regarding the comparison between Tracking and Far Sight or even respond with your own reason on why you think it sucks leaves little to be desired.

It's not my job to teach you how to think outside the box, or even just try a card out for yourself with different combinations of cards. If you're only reply is "/shrug it sucks" then I've wasted my time with my 3 previous explanations and you really aren't worth any more of it.
Reply Quote
Farsight would be a good card if it wasn't on Shaman. Like I would consider playing Farsight in a Druid deck since the only card below 2 mana they generally run is Innervate, and the chance of drawing something big with it is pretty good since like half their deck is generally 4 mana or higher which could easily set up some Innervate like plays without the -1CA.

The problem with Shaman is that they have so many amazing 1 drop spells that it's not rare for at least 20% of a Shaman deck to be 1 drops if not more. Unless you are planning on running a deck without Lightning Bolts, Rockbiters, or Earth Shocks the odds of drawing a 1 drop and essentially playing a Novice Engineer without the body is too high.

While Tracking 4 off the top would make the card stupidly broken I don't think it would be terrible if they added a Scry type effect to Farsight where you get to look at the top card of your deck, and if it's a bad card to apply Farsight to you can send that card to the bottom of your deck and Farsight one blind off the top. That makes the odds of Farsight destroying you is more like 3% instead of 20% like it stands now.
Reply Quote
I would like farsight if it was based off of preparation for rouges.

Farsight (4)
Choose a card in your hand and it costs 2 less when played. Draw 1 card.

That way you can use strategy to it. It could mean using it turn 4 on a 7mp card and playing it the next turn. The blind draw is a problem. Dont show the other player the selected card just that far sight was used. It could also be with out the draw.

Farsight (3)
Choose a card in your hand and it costs 2 less when played.

Preparation or tracking or most of just draw cards besides mage are just flat out better and this is an epic.
Reply Quote
03/14/2014 07:29 PMPosted by CombatMist
Farsight (4)

I like this idea. Separating the draw from the cost reduction. Instantly boosts its usability without jumping through hoops. I also agree with the increased mana cost so I can't do T2 Coin Farsight, T3 Earth Elemental.

4 also means you have to drop a significant card for it, which is justified.
Edited by Wilson on 3/15/2014 2:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Preparation is 0 mp but is also only for spells. For it to be on any card it should cost more. Heck maybe even make it an improved preparation. Just how frost bolt is an improved frost shock. Preparation is such an OP card and also epic. It should be equally cool. Give it draw and a cost.

Farsight (3)

Starting from Preparation:
Draw card added effect is +1 mp almost always that = 1mp
Making it spells and not all cards is a disadvantage worth 1/2-1/3 cost. How to factor in 0 total cost is tricky. Make it effect all cards not just minions for +1-2 mp.
That = 2-3 mp + -3 mp cost. Thats a bit too strong so make it.
2-3mp and -2mp cost to chosen card.

That by the numbers is weaker than it should be but playable. I would use it. Even if you only have 2mp minions you can next turn play 1 for 0 and you get draw 1 card. It also fits as a way to counter act overload which shaman have no way to do. This could mean you play it on your overload spell to partially counter act it by costing less this turn but still having the overload next turn. Could also make just for over load.

Farsight (0)
The next over load card you play has the over load reduced to 0.

Or
Farsight (1)
The next over load card you play has the over load reduced to 0 and draw 1 card.

The trade off vs preparation is it costs mp and is used 1 turn in advance of playing the card which requires planning. It is also no were near as abusive as the shadow step + preparation + si 7 combos.

Far sight could have been such a better card with even simple math but instead it nearly unplayable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]