Let's build a deck together!

not sure if others already said it cos i didn't read but maybe have twilight drake. I find as a priest i have too much cards that are situational so might as well make use of it (although not sure about your minion heavy deck). Also that 1/7 taunt seems pretty useless... sure it has high health but 1 attack? and it's not like you have inner fire combo. I would recommend circle of healing for blademaster so you can play it turn 3 with full health instead of waiting till to heal it upto only 5 with hero power. Also combos with your cleric and lightwarden.
Reply Quote
Check post #8 - the updated version that Flame posted. He did some of the stuff you mentioned.

I'm so loving this deck. One my favorite moments in my personal HS experience that I had with it: I was keeping good control of the board against a mage. I was on route to win (not by a landslide), when he plays Archmage Antonidas and then freezes all my minions. Next turn, I play Faceless Manip and copy Antonidas. He freezes everything again, and then kills one of my buffed Gurubashi Berserkers with a Fireball. In my turn (here is where it gets pretty) I put down a Defender or Argus, kill it with SW:Pain and use the Fireball to kill the mage. So nice
Edited by Gwynbleidd on 3/31/2014 12:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/31/2014 10:27 AMPosted by Gwynbleidd
03/13/2014 11:51 AMPosted by Flame
2x Circle of Healing
2x PW:Shield
2x Lightwarden
2x Northshire Cleric
2x SW:Pain
1x Ancient Watcher
1x Sunfury Protector
1x SW:Death
2x Injured Blademaster
1x Chillwind Yeti
2x Defender of Argus
2x Spellbreaker
2x Holy Nova
1x Faceless Manipulator
2x Fen Creeper
2x Gurubashi Berserker
2x Temple Enforcer
1x Mind Control

I just wanted to mention... this deck is BRILLIANT. I've been using it and it took me from level 16 to almost 13 (when I stopped playing) in a breeze. But, what's more important, I was having lots of fun playing with it - it generates great combos.

I think I made a few minor edits to it, like adding my Black Knight (I just love that card) instead of one of the high cost minions - I'll check and edit this later, in case anyone is interested.

But, anyway, great job!

Glad you're enjoying it! It's my first time creating a deck from scratch, and I'm surprised by how well it's done for me.

I would love to be able to add a legendary to it, but I've yet to open one and I've been playing since October! I feel like Ysera would work well with it, but I'm 500 dust away from crafting one.

Let me know if any of your adjustments work out for you; I'd be glad to hear about them.
Reply Quote
Having a hard time with this deck lately. Can't get past 17 this season with it. Any ideas?
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 03:18 PMPosted by Flame
Having a hard time with this deck lately. Can't get past 17 this season with it. Any ideas?

There's a lot of rush decks this month (or at least that's what it feels like to me). Here's a few suggestions, but since I don't know the current state of your collection, they may or may not be of use to you.

Auchenai Soulpriest with Circle of Healing gives you an additional board clear, it comes online earlier than Holy Nova, and it can kill bigger stuff that could otherwise survive your nova.

Holy Fire for a bit of extra damage and healing. It is also handy for killing opposing Chillwind Yetis and Fire Elementals.

Earthen Ring Farseer can provide some extra healing (or 3 damage with the soulpriest), and the 3/3 body helps too.

Also, I just sent you another friend request since I didn't get your friend request either. I'm not sure what is going on with that.
Reply Quote
Ugh, last game I started my first few turns with:
Fen Creeper
Temple Enforcer
Temple Enforcer
Mind Control
Shadow Word: Death
Defender of Argus
Spellbreaker
Gurubashi Berserker
Gurubashi Berserker

Worst.
Draw.
Ever.
Reply Quote
Don't use two Circles of Healing. I tried it, but they are just too situational to justify 2 copies. Also, Ancient Watcher is gimmicky as hell. It looks like you have plenty of ways to proc him, but still, either commit fully to Ancient Watchers with 2 copies, or back out completely. Also, swap 1 lightwarden for 1 Chillwind/Auchenai. Seriously, Lightwarden is good but not that good. You'll live without it. And finally, don't play Northshire. Seriously an overrated card. Instead try Gadgetzan Auctioneer. It draws cards really reliably and only when you want to, unlike Northshire, and is actually quite durable with health buffs. That, plus all the low-cost Priest spells, gets you all the card draw you need, I've found.
Reply Quote
04/08/2014 12:04 AMPosted by DanMan
Don't use two Circles of Healing. I tried it, but they are just too situational to justify 2 copies. Also, Ancient Watcher is gimmicky as hell. It looks like you have plenty of ways to proc him, but still, either commit fully to Ancient Watchers with 2 copies, or back out completely. Also, swap 1 lightwarden for 1 Chillwind/Auchenai. Seriously, Lightwarden is good but not that good. You'll live without it. And finally, don't play Northshire. Seriously an overrated card. Instead try Gadgetzan Auctioneer. It draws cards really reliably and only when you want to, unlike Northshire, and is actually quite durable with health buffs. That, plus all the low-cost Priest spells, gets you all the card draw you need, I've found.

I was on the fence with the Ancient Watcher. If I got rid of the Watcher, I could also drop the Sunfury Protector and free up two cards for something else. Maybe I could put in an Auctioneer alongside the Clerics. I'm really reluctant to get rid of my Clerics.

Also - Shadow Word: Pain is rarely pulling it's weight. Might trade it for some 3/2s that would probably be just as effective.

I'm wondering if Lightwarden is too buff dependent to be useful. I've got some large hits in with them, but that's not the norm. I find that unless I can PW:S them or buff them with Temple Enforcer, they die to just about anything.
Edited by Flame on 4/8/2014 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Made some changes, updated the deck list in the OP. While hardly a worthwhile sample size, I'm 2-0 with it tonight. Will test more later.

Added a Watcher for more tankiness.
Removed SW:Pain, subbed in Holy Smite. I feel Smite can get rid of a lot of low minions anyways, and many times it can be coupled with a minion attack to provide a very favorable trade (Yeti vs. Yeti type stuff).
Reply Quote
what rank are you now and what rank were you when you first posted? Also I've had terrible time using gurubashi berserkers and I'm almost convinced that Ogre is universally a better card mainly because it takes a turn or two of babying before berserkers become useful. How are you using them?
Reply Quote
Up to 14 now. First post was last season. Started this season at like 20. You have a good point with the Ogres vs. Berserkers. I might make that change. I just crafted Rag and am going to be putting him in the deck.
Reply Quote
Turns out you can only view recent games on Hearthlog - not as useful as I thought it might be.
Edited by Flame on 4/16/2014 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I vote we name the deck Glaston.
Reply Quote
Hi.

I no longer play priest, but I had an idea for a control deck with a finisher simillar to Alex -> Grom. I will post the theorycrafted decklist here, as I have no dust at all and Mukla and Crush are my only legendaries.

2x Circle of Healing
2x Holy Smite
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Ancient Watcher
2x Mind Blast
2x Sunfury Protector
2x Wild Pyromancer
2x SW:Death
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Defender of Argus
1x Faceless Manipulator / 1x Shadow Madness
2x Sunwalker
2x Holy Fire
1x Prophet Velen
1x Alextrasza
1x Mind Control

I think you see what I did there. It cost hella more dust, but you seem richer than me. If you will ever have the chance, please try it.

The goal of this deck it to control the board and finish the opponent off with Alex -> Velen + Mind Blast or variations of it. It will probably have a bad time vs cycle hunter, but who does well against that thing anyway.
Edited by SpeedStick on 4/16/2014 7:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Best way to make a priest deck? Pick another class, there you're done.
Reply Quote
Hey, nice deck. Is the lone silence working out for you? I get that coin - watcher + silence is amazing, but is it worth it? Considering how combing the clerics is your only way to draw cards, is it really worth having?

Also, If I was to recommend just one card for the deck, it would probably be dark iron dwarf. It's great with protector/defender/cleric, and can help a blade master kill those pesky yetis. I use it in my priest deck, and it's great at giving all the high life, low dmg guys some value. Maybe put one in instead of one of the ogres?
Reply Quote
04/16/2014 07:19 PMPosted by Duck
Hey, nice deck. Is the lone silence working out for you? I get that coin - watcher + silence is amazing, but is it worth it? Considering how combing the clerics is your only way to draw cards, is it really worth having?

Also, If I was to recommend just one card for the deck, it would probably be dark iron dwarf. It's great with protector/defender/cleric, and can help a blade master kill those pesky yetis. I use it in my priest deck, and it's great at giving all the high life, low dmg guys some value. Maybe put one in instead of one of the ogres?

The silence isn't actually for the Watchers. I'll use it on them if the situation arises, but it's a nice way to tame a Frothing Berserker/Unbound Elemental/Scavenging Hyena/etc without losing tempo, since it costs 0 mana. Dark Iron Dwarves fit the theme of the deck, and I haven't tried them out yet. I'll see what happens with some. I actually switched in the Ogres instead of Gurubashi Berserkers.
Reply Quote
Some updates on my side... I've been winning a decent number of games with the current deck:

2x Circle of Healing
2x Holy Smite
2x Northshire Cleric
2x Ancient Watcher
2x Sunfury Protector
2x SW:Death
2x Injured Blademaster
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Auchenai Soulpriest
2x Defender of Argus
2x Spellbreaker
2x Holy Nova
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Black Knight
1x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Mind Control

Things I did:
  • Removed SW:Pain and put Holy Smite instead. Somebody mentioned it above - Holy Smite gives more value in the early turns (because of the 1 mana cost). I miss SW:Pain dearly when I see a Water Elemental, but you can't have everything
  • Removed the Lightwardens. Although they've done some amazing stuff for me, they are too vulnerable at just 2 health. I ended up wasting that card spot most of the time
  • Removed the Gurubashi Beserkers. They require too much "love" to go somewhere
  • Added a Boulderfist Ogre, because of the opposite reason - instant threat. I'm thinking about replacing it with a Temple Enforcer, given the similar cost
  • Added 2x Auchenai Soulpriest: these are of massive help, I find. For once, they provide outstanding AoE damage when combined with Circle of Healing, which is excellent when dealing with aggro decks. In addition, their stats (3/5) makes them a slightly underpowered yeti for only 1 more mana, and the effect is so important that they draw a lot of attention, becoming "passive taunts"
  • Added my Black Knight - the only legendary I have that is worth anything. Same stats a yeti for more cost. When playing against control, the battlecry has absurd value. When playing against aggro, it's a "backup" yeti that I can use later
  • Removed the Fen Creepers. I found that they would only work in one of two ways: if I'm winning, they help me snowball - but I can do that with other stuff. If I'm losing, they would be too high an investment at 6 mana (which means I either can't play them in a long time or basically that's all I do in my turn) with not a high chance of turning things around
Edited by Gwynbleidd on 5/14/2014 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]