Buff Naturalize

05/07/2014 02:40 AMPosted by Prototype
Make it 2 mana and enemy draws only 1 card or 4 mana and they draw nothing thats it !

Yeah, sure. Lets give Druids an 4 mana assassinate they need more good cards they have so few and its not like Druid is one of the most played classes in the game right now. If they made that change i dont see any reason not to play Druid it would be by far the strongest class in the game. Everyone would play it no question about it.
Reply Quote
05/07/2014 06:06 AMPosted by Raziel
05/07/2014 02:40 AMPosted by Prototype
Make it 2 mana and enemy draws only 1 card or 4 mana and they draw nothing thats it !

Yeah, sure. Lets give Druids an 4 mana assassinate they need more good cards they have so few and its not like Druid is one of the most played classes in the game right now. If they made that change i dont see any reason not to play Druid it would be by far the strongest class in the game. Everyone would play it no question about it.

I don't think it would be a great change either but you do know that Hunters have a 3 mana assassinate right?
Reply Quote
Don't touch naturalize, its fine. It has mill potential, given enough new cards to back it up and poison seed is coming your way if you want a hard removal (and it's an aoe hard removal).

Besides there's more urgent card to improve before naturalize. Kidnapper, Farsight, patient assassin, pitlord, bane of doom ... are all much worse than naturalize. If Blizz don't touch these cards, I doubt they'll ever buff naturalize.
Reply Quote
03/11/2014 07:17 AMPosted by Astrohawke
Well their keeper of the grove basically renders Ysera pretty useless.

so, I play Ysera, draw a dream card and get a 4/12 minion
you play Keeper of the Grove, silence Ysera and get a 2/4 minion

now i swing with Ysera into your 2/4 killing him and i still have 4/10 minion and the dream card. So I'm up 2 to 1 and you still have to deal with a 4/10. How does this render Ysera uselss?

not to mention there is a chance i pulled the actual "dream" card and just return ysera to my hand when she gets low enough on health.
Edited by Khalasar on 5/11/2014 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Personally, I would suggest to make naturalize work like most of the druid deck, that is, to make it a card that can be used multiple ways. The perfect buff for me would be to make naturalize give the OWNER of the destroyed card 2 draws. It would make it good to either get rid of a minion you don't need (or whose battlecry you want to trigger) or to destroy an enemy card that's way too dangerous for you.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Resileaf
Personally, I would suggest to make naturalize work like most of the druid deck, that is, to make it a card that can be used multiple ways. The perfect buff for me would be to make naturalize give the OWNER of the destroyed card 2 draws. It would make it good to either get rid of a minion you don't need (or whose battlecry you want to trigger) or to destroy an enemy card that's way too dangerous for you.

So If you have Violent Teacher on board.
You basically have a 1 mana Arcane Intellect?
Reply Quote
I'll just repost what I said in a recent thread about that same Naturalize suggestion

I would love that....because it would be seriously overpowered in our favor :-) Naturalize Thalnos after you've used him for a spell boost, draw 3 cards, Token Druids would just sacrifice a free 1/1 for two cards, that damaged minion you know is going to die soon becomes two cards, etc.
Reply Quote
Naturalize is fine as it is. Drawing a card is considered 2 mana, so the cost is exactly the same as assassinate. It has a huge drawback, but removing any minion thats targetable for just 1 mana gives some great possibilities. One just has to figure out how to make use of it. If it changes to the owner giving to cards then every druid will run it, because of the immense combo possibilities.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 01:26 PMPosted by Bordeaux
05/11/2014 12:04 PMPosted by Resileaf

So If you have Violent Teacher on board.
You basically have a 1 mana Arcane Intellect?

Sure, why not? If that unbalances Arcane Intellect, just buff Arcane Intellect in return.
Reply Quote
05/11/2014 11:09 PMPosted by Resileaf
Sure, why not? If that unbalances Arcane Intellect, just buff Arcane Intellect in return.

It doesn't unbalance Arcane Intellect, it unbalances Druid...
Reply Quote
Naturalize could be reworked. I was thinking about a more exotic tweak like:
Cost:1
Text: Destroy target creature. The controller decides between Draw a card OR Draw 2 cards and Discard a card.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]