[WinXP] Huge performance drop since patch!

Hello,

since this patch my game is almost unplayable. I have HUGE performance drop. Game is stuttering, it's choppy, overall performance is terrible. GAME WORKED PERFECT BEFORE PATCH!

My PC:

WinXP32 SP3 - fully updated.
nVidia 9800 GT - I had 313.7 drivers, now I have 335.23 WHQL latest drivers.
P5QL Pro Motherboard
4GB of RAM (3.25 due to Windows XP)
Q6600 Core2Quad CPU

My PC is clean. No viruses, no unneeded background processes, HiJackThis report is flawless, Win startup has 4 entries (graphic drivers, mouse drivers, etc), CCleaner registry report without issues, HDD in good health and without errors. I keep my PC in best possible shape!

HS issues:

Before patch (yesterday): everything worked fine, no problems.
After patch (today): game in both Fullscreen and Windows mode is stuttering, it's choppy, in-game animations have mini-freezes, it's just overall bad performance.

Important: changing graphic quality in-game from High to Medium to Low does NOT change anything, it feels like that option doesn't even work! It's same terrible performance on all quality settings!

I double checked my PC. I updated my GPU drivers (only drivers that weren't updated to latest version). I used 314.7 nVidia drivers and now 335.23 WHQL latest drivers - didn't help at all.

Any help? Any suggestions? Anything I can provide for more info about my HS issue?

Thanks.

EDIT: For perspective and test purpose I played game of DotA 2. I have stable 60 fps with amazing performance. I also tried couple of other games that had same good performance as before. It's only HS that gives me issues.

EDIT 2: I've just done Scan and Repair via Battlenet Application. No corrupted files, nothing got repaired, same performance issues.
Edited by DenDron on 3/12/2014 6:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I have exactly the same problem
Reply Quote
03/12/2014 06:03 AMPosted by Nertflerks

So it's not only me!

Hope they fix this, because I am 100% sure it's not on my end. Yesterday I played without issues, turned off PC, went to sleep. Today I turned on my PC, downloaded patch, since that my game is performing terrible. Nothing changed (software/hardware) wise between patches.

Btw do you also run Windows XP?
Reply Quote

I read over the windows XP thing, no I run Windows 7 and also have all latest updates and drivers.. I usually run hearthstone, a livestream and wow at the same time without any problems and right now I can only play hearthstone with fps lag.
Edited by Nertflerks on 3/12/2014 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/12/2014 06:15 AMPosted by Nertflerks

I read over the windows XP thing, no I run Windows 7 and also have all latest updates and drivers.. I usually run hearthstone, a livestream and wow at the same time without any problems and right now I can only play hearthstone with fps lag.

Alright, so it seems it's not only XP issue. Does changing in-game quality options (High, Medium, Low) do anything for you or it's same fps lag on all settings?
Reply Quote
All the same, I tested out and checked all the info you posted to see if it was the same case
Reply Quote
03/12/2014 06:31 AMPosted by Nertflerks
All the same, I tested out and checked all the info you posted to see if it was the same case

Thanks!

Well I hope we gave enough info for Blue to come and assists us.

Game is almost unplayable tbh, it looks and feels so bad. :(
Reply Quote
Looks like im having the same problem on WoW, too.

Ran on 121 fps last patch, now running on 8
Reply Quote
Having the same issue here, but mine get's fixed eventually after closing and opening the game (usually multiple times). I am running Win 7 and it only sometimes happens to me not every single time.
Edited by Starscreamer on 3/12/2014 8:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I FOUND FIX (at least for me!)

tl;dr turn OFF your Vsync in nVidia Control Panel and game should work good again.

As you can see in this thread about in-game graphic settings, http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/forum/topic/10895539483 , every options has to do something with FPS/vsync.

So after about 5 hours of testing different drivers and different options I tried hard disabling Vsync on my PC via nVidia Control Panel and it WORKED.

Test results:

HS in High, Medium and Low in-game graphic settings and nVidia driver setting Vsync ON: choppy, laggy, mini-freezes, stuttering. Overall terrible performance.

HS in High, Medium and Low in-game graphic settings and nVidia driver setting Vsync OFF: normal performance like it was before patch.

Now, this issue is a bit bigger problem for Windows XP users because for XP nVidia requires that we enable or disable Vsync options in driver settings, "Use the 3D application setting" option does NOT work for XP users. So now every time I want to play HS I have to manually turn off my Vsync and then manually turn it back on for other games I want to play.

I am kinda sad this thread didn't get any Blue attention, clearly this issue is some Vsync incompatibility of recently patched HS with drivers/specific GPUs.

I HOPE some Blue will read this and pass it over to the appropriate dev. team!
Edited by DenDron on 3/12/2014 8:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
have the same issue, but turning vsync off doesnt help ... and changing ingame quality doesnt work, remains the same .
Edited by Griffin on 3/12/2014 9:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Add one more,, same issue. Worked fine before patch.
Reply Quote
Same issue for me. Vote for Fix the topic. "Vsync Off" not working for windows 8.
Reply Quote
Same issue. Win 8 i5 fully loaded.
Reply Quote
This same issue got me my final loss in an arena run (I ended up going 9-3 when I was about to beat a paladin after a grueling match...) It has its ups and downs, but it's annoying no matter how long it lasts.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]