An Honest look at Unleash the Hounds

03/17/2014 05:08 PMPosted by Repefin
This is the worst argument I have ever seen. The hunter to burst takes a 2 mana common and a 2 mana basic and makingZERO smart plays and not interacting with the board. The warrior takes tons of different plays, interacting with both sides of the board WHILE playing around a stupidly undercosted combo.

If you actually read what I posted, his "job" was to sit there and click steady shot while never once having board interaction. That is a TOXIC thing to let run rampant through 90% of the game. He didn't make clever plays, he didn't interact with the board, he just sat there and assembled what is 100% the most cost effective combo in the game. This is exactly what blizz said they DIDNT want.

Oh come on. I have both control warrior and rush hunter. It's actually harder to get a win with rush hunter at decent rating than with warrior, that's why most ppl switch when they get to decent ratings as I did. And the "zero smart plays" ... taking it slow againg warrior is the smart play, do you understand the concept. Stalling the game, chipping away at your opponent. That's sometimes how rush wins games. By being smart. It's not how rush plays against other decks so save yourself those 90%.

Warrior can do the same thing, stall till turn 9 to put down Alexstraza to deal 15 damage and follow it up with enraged garrosh or ragnaros.

Also as a warrior I don't really play around the combo ... just I go aggro on the hunter with 1-3 minions. Put him on the defense. He can pull off some miracle damage chain, but usually he only has 8-9 turns for it and he has to do probably at least 40-45 damage. And sometimes he can ... but often he can't.

Apparently you can't read and this will be my last post to you because every post of yours shows how stupid you are. It wasn't rush hunter, it was straight stall hunter. I even listed every card he played prior to UTH combo.

I did exactly what llthese "pro" hunters say makes playing around UTH combo easy. I had exactly 2 minions on bored, but getting to draw multiple cards with bodies WITH charge for so little mana its a joke STILL gets enough value even with 2 minions on board.

I am just going to assume every hunter who thinks UTH is fair by saying its their ONLY way to get card draw is mentally ill because SNAKE TRAP does the same thing in a FAIR way.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 05:23 PMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
Apparently you can't read and this will be my last post to you because every post of yours shows how stupid you are. It wasn't rush hunter, it was straight stall hunter. I even listed every card he played prior to UTH combo.

Ok :) Sry ... most ppl here whine about rush hunter, you actually have problem with slower hunter deck. That's interesting.
Reply Quote
This card isn't that good at higher rankings players don't play minions at all or very few when facing you as a hunter.

I only started 3 days ago and I've noticed this already so in a few weeks of time everyone will caught on to this class at higher rankings.

It is not hard to tell if the person is running this combo. They'll have very few creatures or none and using hero ability alot just waiting for you to drop 3 minions on the board.

So even though this combo may be very powerful it is way too predictable.
Edited by Awakened on 3/17/2014 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The card isn't hunter's AOE. It's a mechanics to punish enemy for resisting hunter. Doggies don't go AOE, they go for face.
Reply Quote
[quote="120749707603"]
3. Really? Wild Pyro + Equality leaves the Wild Pyro on the board and kills EVERYTHING else,

Wrong. For the combo you're talking about, Wild Pyro needs to be played before Equality is cast. Which means that his HP is debuffed to 1 as well and he dies to the 1 damage text effect.

There are other valid combos which can get over this though. For instance, cast Equality, play Pyro and then cast a spell (say BoW, BoM, BoK, Divine Protection) on the Pyro. This will sustain him for the remainder of the turn.
Reply Quote
Blizzard, listen to the OP, this man makes sense. I'm sure it's tempting to listen to the people who reflexively jump to your defense but don't. OP is absolutely right, UTH is imbalanced.
Reply Quote
A TWO mana card that forces a player to be unable to play more than 2 minions in a MINION based game should not exist. There is ZERO argument for this.

This card is backed up by some of the most amazing removal in the game if you are being forced to keep only 2 minions on the board. Misdirection, explosive trap, deadly shot, multi shot, explosive shot. Hunters will sit there and try and argue "yeah but they have to draw them, and some dont play some of those." These are random matches and decks have minor variations to them. This FORCES you to think about those cards EVERY hunter matchup, regardless if they run it or not. Case and point, I was running a hunter stall deck with ZERO unleash the hounds in it. But because of how toxic that card is, EVERY game I played no one played more than 2 minions and they had zero prayer of outracing me with 2 minions.

On top of all of this, it is a combo that FEEDS the ability to do it a second time. God forbid your opponent wants to play a deck with lots of minions and has 4 out, drawing 4 cards, putting between 9-13 power on board, all for 5-6 mana is not fair by any TCG standard.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 01:32 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
A TWO mana card that forces a player to be unable to play more than 2 minions in a MINION based game should not exist. There is ZERO argument for this.

it doesn't prevent you from playing more than 2, its just a way to hedge your bets. and if you playing a rush hunter you shouldn't have more than 2 or three minions out ever, by nature of the fact that you'll be trading.

This card is backed up by some of the most amazing removal in the game

no its not, multishot and explosive shot aren't even run in rush hunters cuz they're too expensive/bad
deadly shot is rng and not run in most rush decks as well.
all secrets can be played around easily(except ice block), making explosive trap and misdirection inherently meh. hunters mark is great vs control decks but is completely 100% dead vs aggro/rush decks, and is always a 1 for two card.

the only classes with worse on spot removal is druid(the strongest class in meta) and paladin (who have a million heals, the best aoe clear, and aldor peace keepr)
This FORCES you to think about those cards EVERY hunter matchup

this is complete bs, every hero has those strong cards that you always have to think about and play around. druid has swipe and force of nature, paladin has equality(best aoe removal in game), mage has flame strike and fireball, warlock has mrrgrlll and giants, shaman has windfury/rockbiter for huge burst dmg. you have to play around all those cards. you should be play vs each class differently. just because a class has a stong mechanic or two that changes the way you play, doesn't mean its breaks the ame. in fact thats makes the game good.

od forbid your opponent wants to play a deck with lots of minions and has 4

you cant play the same deck vs different decks the same way. also some decks get countered hard by hunter. other decks counter hunter hard. its jsut the nature of all tcg
Edited by BigTallGuy on 3/19/2014 1:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 01:53 AMPosted by BigTallGuy

it doesn't prevent you from playing more than 2, its just a way to hedge your bets. and if you playing a rush hunter you shouldn't have more than 2 or three minions out ever, by nature of the fact that you'll be trading.

This card is backed up by some of the most amazing removal in the game

no its not, multishot and explosive shot aren't even run in rush hunters cuz they're too expensive/bad
deadly shot is rng and not run in most rush decks as well.
all secrets can be played around easily(except ice block), making explosive trap and misdirection inherently meh. hunters mark is great vs control decks but is completely 100% dead vs aggro/rush decks, and is always a 1 for two card.

the only classes with worse on spot removal is druid(the strongest class in meta) and paladin (who have a million heals, the best aoe clear, and aldor peace keepr)
This FORCES you to think about those cards EVERY hunter matchup

this is complete bs, every hero has those strong cards that you always have to think about and play around. druid has swipe and force of nature, paladin has equality(best aoe removal in game), mage has flame strike and fireball, warlock has mrrgrlll and giants, shaman has windfury/rockbiter for huge burst dmg. you have to play around all those cards. you should be play vs each class differently. just because a class has a stong mechanic or two that changes the way you play, doesn't mean its breaks the ame. in fact thats makes the game good.

od forbid your opponent wants to play a deck with lots of minions and has 4

you cant play the same deck vs different decks the same way. also some decks get countered hard by hunter. other decks counter hunter hard. its jsut the nature of all tcg

Another hunter that is literally too stupid to realize I have been talking about stall hunter this entire thread >_>

All the cards I listed everyone knows dont go into rush hunter, why in god's name would you assume I am talking about rush?
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 02:06 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
Another hunter that is literally too stupid

real mature, if you want some respect, don't act like a douchenozzle. you asked people to look at/discuss UTH, if you're gonna insult them, they're just gonna insult you back. then there is no more disscussion. jsut a bunch of !@#$s calling each other %^-*s.

03/19/2014 02:06 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC
I have been talking about stall hunter this entire thread

im talking about in general genius, i mentioned rush because it is central to most people complaints about UTH, and in any discussion about uth, rush gets brough up
hunter removal is not that good, especially considering that their hero power has no effect on the board
control stall hunters (good ones) don't run multi shot and most don't run explosive shot(at least not two)

i run a midrange hunter and am currently rank 8, im not great , but i understand a hunters strengths and weaknesses.

the point of my post is that you're severely over rating hunters removal, a point you didn't respond too at all.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 02:30 AMPosted by BigTallGuy
Another hunter that is literally too stupid

real mature, if you want some respect, don't act like a douchenozzle. you asked people to look at/discuss UTH, if you're gonna insult them, they're just gonna insult you back. then there is no more disscussion. jsut a bunch of !@#$s calling each other %^-*s.

I have been talking about stall hunter this entire thread

im talking about in general genius, i mentioned rush because it is central to most people complaints about UTH, and in any discussion about uth, rush gets brough up
hunter removal is not that good, especially considering that their hero power has no effect on the board
control stall hunters (good ones) don't run multi shot and most don't run explosive shot(at least not two)

i run a midrange hunter and am currently rank 8, im not great , but i understand a hunters strengths and weaknesses.

the point of my post is that you're severely over rating hunters removal, a point you didn't respond too at all.

I wasn't overrating it at all. Its synergy and low cost with playing around UTH is fantastic. And just because you dont run that stuff doesnt mean it isnt rampant. I have lost count of how many times deadly shot has blown me out because I can't keep more than 2 minions on the board. Kill command, deadly shot. UTH kill the minor creature draw cards deadly shot. The entire time misdirecton makes ur minion hurt you or hurt/kill your other minion while fogging the damage AND making eaglehorn get another dura. This causes it to be damn near impossible to race. And only keeping 2 minions on board is exactly what stall hunter wants while they ping you over and over again.
Reply Quote
As I said in another thread, my personal balance changes would be as follows:
- Unleashed hounds should have taunt instead of charge. This would make them good at stopping momentum, but would no longer be the only card in the game that actually reverses momentum (Meaning you are rewarded for playing poorly in the early game).
- The buzzard would only be able to trigger either once per turn, or only on beast cards played. Still better than most other card drawing minions, but not overwhelmingly so.
- The hyena simply needs to scale a lot slower. Gaining extra max health that easily is not something any card should have, and gaining two attack only ever happens on other cards if it ends at the end of the turn (Or requires life loss every time, and starts really low)
- Give hunters some economic no-ability x/x beasts, so they have something to work with in the late game, besides volatile combos. Maybe give them some cards that summon two beasts at once, to build card advantage and give them more of a beast mastery feel. This would give hunters an interesting toolset with their already awesome traps, great removal options, and some solid threats to lay on the board.

If their ability is to be a ping-to-the-face every turn, then stall (or trade) based board control should be their strategy. Playing lots of threats and forcing trades would be a lot of fun for a class to focus on. As it is now, their most popular strategy has nothing to do with what it should feel like to be a hunter.
Reply Quote
So many stupid comments

"Hunters need all 3 cards blah blah blah"

Hunters got the most effective card draw on 1 mana, flare, tracking, difficult on getting desired card?
So many traps can stall until you get the combo cards too

Blizzard's mind: huntards need beasts to synergize well, not always have beasts!
Look at the stupid buff huntards got:

Flare, tracking: excellent deck thinning
Buzzard, UTH, dire wolf, nuff said, not to mention it combos with hyena, juggler, leeroy, cult master, alpha wolf, ghoul all minion-related cards
Explosive/Freezing traps, misdirection, just wow
Deadly shot, 3 mana random assassinate?
Animal companion, random but ALWAYS get best value out of 3 mana (4/2, 4/4, 2/4)?
Houndmaster, 4 cost with 4/3 PLUS +2/+2?! that is 6/5 value for a 4 cost, LMFAO
Highmane, do I need to say more? even it is silenced it is STILL a 6/5!
Reply Quote
UTH is broken. Hunters arent even using it for AoE like what the devs said it was to be for. If they want it to be used as an AoE it should give the opponent's minions on the board taunt. That way they are forced to interact with the board. It has become common practice for hunter to just go for the face when this is combod with timberwolf.

When combined with buzzard this card is even more broken. There is no card draw in the game that comes close to this save maybe for divine favor when the opponent's hand is full.

You know after I think about it they just need to remove the card or rework and make a new card with a spell type aoe like everyone else has. A good idea for the card could be glaive toss with a cool animation of a glaive going through the opponents minions.
Edited by TheMerciless on 3/24/2014 5:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just wanted to bump this thread. UTH needs to be fixed by Blizz.
Reply Quote
03/19/2014 02:41 AMPosted by TheDukeOfTBC

I wasn't overrating it at all. Its synergy and low cost with playing around UTH is fantastic. And just because you dont run that stuff doesnt mean it isnt rampant. I have lost count of how many times deadly shot has blown me out because I can't keep more than 2 minions on the board. Kill command, deadly shot. UTH kill the minor creature draw cards deadly shot. The entire time misdirecton makes ur minion hurt you or hurt/kill your other minion while fogging the damage AND making eaglehorn get another dura. This causes it to be damn near impossible to race. And only keeping 2 minions on board is exactly what stall hunter wants while they ping you over and over again.

TheDukeOfTBC - didn't you say earlier that you win 60-70% of the time against Hunters? Yet a lot of your posts read as if you think Hunters are OP. This still doesn't make sense to me.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 01:24 PMPosted by crdvis16

TheDukeOfTBC - didn't you say earlier that you win 60-70% of the time against Hunters? Yet a lot of your posts read as if you think Hunters are OP. This still doesn't make sense to me.

I never once said hunters are overpowered. Not in one single post. Seems like hunters have a reading problem. Hunters have the biggest combo crutch in the game that I also believe is holding most of them back. I just broke into rank 8 and I think in my run from 12-8 i have lost to one hunter who was playing an AWESOME control hunter deck that never used UTH/buzzard. I watched some pretty pathetic hunters in these ranks doing stupid plays. Buzzard into an open field turn 2, timberwolf on turn 1 vs a WARRIOR. But they are still in these upper ranks. It shows that bad players are stealing free wins with the combo.

What I would love to see is uth get the nerf bat and hunters themselves get a buff. It was honestly comical seeing how hard hunters were leaning on wombo combo crutch.
Reply Quote
03/24/2014 02:14 AMPosted by Kelix
So many stupid comments

"Hunters need all 3 cards blah blah blah"

Hunters got the most effective card draw on 1 mana, flare, tracking, difficult on getting desired card?
So many traps can stall until you get the combo cards too

Blizzard's mind: huntards need beasts to synergize well, not always have beasts!
Look at the stupid buff huntards got:

Flare, tracking: excellent deck thinning
Buzzard, UTH, dire wolf, nuff said, not to mention it combos with hyena, juggler, leeroy, cult master, alpha wolf, ghoul all minion-related cards
Explosive/Freezing traps, misdirection, just wow
Deadly shot, 3 mana random assassinate?
Animal companion, random but ALWAYS get best value out of 3 mana (4/2, 4/4, 2/4)?
Houndmaster, 4 cost with 4/3 PLUS +2/+2?! that is 6/5 value for a 4 cost, LMFAO
Highmane, do I need to say more? even it is silenced it is STILL a 6/5!

u are so right man!!
Reply Quote
and u know what is funny?
hunters are the only class that got something that can destroy secrets?
!@#$ logic right?
create a 1 1/1 neutral battlecry:destroy enemy secret or destroy a random secret...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]