Nerf Unleash the Hounds

The Card is Broken, way too Powerful.
Reply Quote
k why? i never play more then 2 minions, (sometimes 3 if decent taunt is up) counters every thing OP about this card.
Reply Quote
Oh look. another sad aggro deck player who is mad he cant attack attack attack mindlessly and win.
Reply Quote
Blizzard has been very knee-jerk in reacting to Unleash the Hounds.

They change the card completely from an overall-buff for 1 mana, to a minion-spawn for 4 mana.
Then they buff the card to be 2 mana -- and that is really strange, imo. They've really jumped all over the place with this card.

I think they're kind of embarrassed to keep changing the same card again and again. I do think it should be 3 mana.

I like the card, I like the combos that can be done with it. I don't want to see those beast-synergies get taken away. But it's too easy to get ridiculous value from that at 2 mana. Too cheap.

3 mana.
Edited by LittleOneFan on 3/15/2014 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The hounds should not be beasts and should not be able to attack face. The broken aspect of UtH is that it blows up vulture and hyena cards, gets buffed by wolves, and ends the game with zero effort.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 03:50 PMPosted by MeltedCheese
The hounds should not be beasts and should not be able to attack face. The broken aspect of UtH is that it blows up vulture and hyena cards, gets buffed by wolves, and ends the game with zero effort.

Only if the other player over plays the board. The only reason i like UTH is it adds strategy to games (for me not the hunter) i am forced to carefully think what i play and when i play it. I stick to control

Is it cheap and easy, yes, but it is within YOUR power to stop it, unlike cards like blood lust they control.

Plus the people it really punishes are murloc/rush decks. Which people hate just as much.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 03:50 PMPosted by MeltedCheese

yes. zero effort.

Its not like they can only do those things if they also either have a wolf in hand or have a good draw off buzzard. or like they need an opponent with a filled board of creatures that cant taunt
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Wingofbenu
Oh look. another sad aggro deck player who is mad he cant attack attack attack mindlessly and win.

Oh look. Another Huntard who abuses the card for free wins!.
Edited by lakilaki12 on 3/15/2014 4:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 04:27 PMPosted by lakilaki12

Oh look!

I actually have nothing to call you out on I just felt like joining the fun.
Reply Quote

No, I usually win via other cards.

Most of my opponents arent stupid enough to fill the board, and I dont even run timber wolves.

I usually win via Houndmaster buffs and rhinos backing up cheap beasts.
Edited by Wingofbenu on 3/15/2014 4:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
if you think UTH is the problem then you are not seeing the big picture...

its the buzzard that is the problem, without buzzard the hunter rush people complain falls apart.
Reply Quote
It's so stupid that in addition to all his other tools, Hunter has the best card draw of any class besides Priests (who need to get lucky with their Cleric timing).
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 05:00 PMPosted by MrPlainview
It's so stupid that in addition to all his other tools, Hunter has the best card draw of any class besides Priests (who need to get lucky with their Cleric timing).

...That you consider Unleash the Hounds/Buzzard and Northshire cleric the best card draw in the game makes me think you have no idea how to play a collectible card game.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 05:03 PMPosted by Wingofbenu

...That you consider Unleash the Hounds/Buzzard and Northshire cleric the best card draw in the game makes me think you have no idea how to play a collectible card game.

I was only referring to the class cards. Although you're probably right that Mana Tide Totem is better.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 05:05 PMPosted by MrPlainview

I was only referring to the class cards. Although you're probably right that Mana Tide Totem is better.

Uh..No. the best class specific draw by a mile is Life Tap.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 04:00 PMPosted by DeadPhoenix
Only if the other player over plays the board.

Is three minions overplaying the board? Is it overplaying the board for any other class? Yet, against the hunter, the card is SO strong people are literally forced to never play more than two minions, in order to dodge ONE card in the hunter's arsenal, leaving you vulnerable to the removal the hunter has.
But most importantly, those two minions may not have the damage required to actually outrace the insane consistent damage the hunter can pump out every single turn.
So what do you do? Put down a third creature that actually has the damage to outrace the hunter, or concede? All because of one card?
You do realize that's the definition of OP, right? When people need to change their entire play, and restrict themselves unnecessarily to a point they don't against other classes, just to play around that one card.
You can play three minions against flamestrike and equality and lightning storm and holy nova, if you know what you are doing, and the only punishment is losing the minions themselves. But against hunter, if you do that you don't lose the minions, you lose the actual game because you just gave the hunter all the damage he needed to swing for stupid damage to your face. It's too powerful because it's too restrictive.

It's the combination of the damage a hunter can do each turn (forcing you to actually play minions in order to gain the ability to outrace the hunter, or you lose), the ability to punish two or one minions on the field, and control them with the traps and spells, and the single card that completely punishes 3+ minions.
The card itself has far too much of an effect on the game for its price and ability. I don't think slight mana changes would alter that, either. What would having it at 3 mana really change? It still restricts the minions the enemy plays for the entire game. At 4 mana it still combos with the 1 drop wolves, the 2 drop buzzard, and some spell, but since it's guaranteed to come out later at 4 mana, you don't even get the chance, as an opponent, to bait out the UTH early so you can play some minions.

It's possible that at 4 mana it's actually balanced. It's possible they overbuffed it and it should have stayed at 4 mana. As it is, it's such a ridiculous 100% auto-include, that forces opponent's to completely alter their entire game around, as a single card, and can still do massive damage to win games when comboed.

I think that's the major difference. Flamestrike and lightning storm and etc etc only kill minions, they clear the board. They are tempo swingers and minion killers.
The UTH can go right to the face, can be buffed to clear the board AND remain as minions, forces opponents to not play enough minions to outrace the hunter for the entire game, and let's not forget, has massive card draw potential for basically free.

"Oh, did you have two harvest golems out in order to deal with my rush, so you had to put down a simple yeti to actually deal damage to me? Well, that's 3!! The magic number! Excuse me while I draw 7 cards for 6 mana, put 5 minions on the field you need to deal with, then wait patiently to abuse you with my full hand."
Reply Quote

Uh..No. the best class specific draw by a mile is Life Tap.

That's not a card pls I was just talking about cards.
Reply Quote
UTH is the same as Leeroy.

Let's face it.

Leeroy wants to be a minion-fireball but he gets way too powerful because you can buff him up so cheaply.

UTH wants to be a regular AOE aka minion-arcaneblast but gets way too powerful because you can buff the doggies and hit for the face instead. Also, you get insane card draw with Bussard.

Blizzard tries to make minion-based spells and make them cost as much as their spell-counterparts.

Which is NOT going to work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]