Nerf Unleash the Hounds

why would they be going for face, where are your taunters to bounce them off?
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 05:56 PMPosted by Phalanx

They were killed with Kill Command, or Deadly Shot, or the bow, or a Hunter's mark and one of the hounds while the rest killed you.
Reply Quote
smarter player would use the hounds as fodder to buff the Hyena, and then eat the face ;)
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 06:05 PMPosted by Proletariat

They were killed with Kill Command, or Deadly Shot, or the bow, or a Hunter's mark and one of the hounds while the rest killed you.

because as we all know, Hunter always has every card in his hand at all times like magic.
Reply Quote
He actually said like 3/4 hard removal that can blow out a taunt, so.. yes. It's probable that you can have 1 in your hand.
Reply Quote
Oh yes, I love Leeroy to the face and then hounds + Wolf or Hyena.
Reply Quote
Something like buzzard + unleash + timber wolf is what most people hate about UTH but think about it for a minute. That's a 3 card combo which, if the opponent has 2 minions on the board (which is how many you really want to have against hunter most of the time), only deals 4 damage and draws 2 cards.

Sure it's pretty cheap mana-wise and the card draw is excellent, but in terms of damage it doesn't come close to stuff like leeroy+shadowstep/windfury (only slightly more expensive in mana) and force of nature+savage roar.

It's only too strong if you're not playing around it really. And remember that it seems stronger than it actually is because losing to faceroll hunter is frustrating.

edit: for hyenas, when playing against faceroll hunter you're almost never going to use any of your big removal cards like hex/fireball etc. So hyenas just generally get removed and rarely get the chance to do any real damage.
Edited by Shoogle on 3/15/2014 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
UTH isn't OP, just stupid. You can counter it fairly easily but you have to play around it the whole damn game. It makes for a very annoying match.
Reply Quote
Bump
Reply Quote
this card also provides like million cards in his with that !@#$ combo and bufs card to one shot you.
Reply Quote
The card simply shouldnt exist. It needs to become the first ever BANNED card
Reply Quote
The mana cost too low and it combos too well with buzzard. Even if only used vs 2 minions, the Hunter is getting 2 cards + wiping your board, which is way too good. Card draw is so important that giving 2 cards minimum alone is reason enough to play UTH. If the hunter does dual buzzards + UTH it gets more insane ridiculous. Lastly UTH with Leeroy will guarantee the card gets more value than it should have.

As proposed before UTH should make hounds only until the Hunter as many minions as the enemy. Or the hounds should be beast. Or the hounds shouldn't be able to atk heros. Or the mana should at least be 3 (although even at 3 mana, it's still an over valued card).
Reply Quote
I haven't posted on this forum before, but I thought of a change that might balance it out, while still preserving its AOE clear and card draw effects. If the hounds die after the turn is over, hunters can go for the face and then lose board control but gain card draw + damage, or they can use it for AOE clear and card draw (plus buffing hyena if out). This is ultimately a lot easier to play against, since it makes going for the face a good play if you think you can win, but not so overpowering as it is now, since they can't continue going for the face every turn after. It's however, still a very strong AOE clear, card draw, and hyena buffer.
Edited by Clonetics on 4/7/2014 12:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 03:46 PMPosted by LittleOneFan
Blizzard has been very knee-jerk in reacting to Unleash the Hounds.

They change the card completely from an overall-buff for 1 mana, to a minion-spawn for 4 mana.
Then they buff the card to be 2 mana -- and that is really strange, imo. They've really jumped all over the place with this card.

I think they're kind of embarrassed to keep changing the same card again and again. I do think it should be 3 mana.

I like the card, I like the combos that can be done with it. I don't want to see those beast-synergies get taken away. But it's too easy to get ridiculous value from that at 2 mana. Too cheap.

3 mana.

In its original form hunters found a way to OTK and Blizzard didn't like that so they changed the card to what it is now, but at 4 mana.

Hunters instantly became the worst class in game and were completely unviable. Blizzard buffed UTH and now hunters are viable. At high ranks there are several classes out performing hunters and hunters are middle of the road. It is hard to justify a nerf when warrior, druids, shaman etc.. all have better winrates and perform better in tournaments.

Scrubby players however who suck at the game and constantly get hit with 5-6 hounds per unleash find it too strong.
Reply Quote
When I started to play watcher druid, I win 60 percent of the time now against rush decks. I do agree that the card need nerf like only able to attack minions. Further nerf is unnecessary because it is a MUST HAVE for card draws with starving buzzard. Other ways to draw cards is too difficult, sometimes you won't even have the chance to.
Edited by Kimuto on 4/7/2014 12:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Remove the charge and problem solved.

It's still an extremely valuable card for draw and synergy with something like beastmaster.
Reply Quote
04/07/2014 12:54 AMPosted by MadJohnny

Scrubby players however who suck at the game and constantly get hit with 5-6 hounds per unleash find it too strong.

Trash posters however who have no critical reasoning constantly make stupid posts about flooding the board when the issue of being forced to play fewer minions plays right into the rest of the Hunter deck, namely, the cheap removals and damage spells and very efficient hero ability, is also a part of the criticism of UTH.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 03:43 PMPosted by Wingofbenu
Oh look. another sad aggro deck player who is mad he cant attack attack attack mindlessly and win.

i play control and it's still stupid
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 06:11 PMPosted by Wingofbenu

because as we all know, Hunter always has every card in his hand at all times like magic.
'

What is tracking and buzzard for $50 Bob?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]