Nerf Unleash the Hounds

03/15/2014 03:46 PMPosted by LittleOneFan
Blizzard has been very knee-jerk in reacting to Unleash the Hounds.

They change the card completely from an overall-buff for 1 mana, to a minion-spawn for 4 mana.
Then they buff the card to be 2 mana -- and that is really strange, imo. They've really jumped all over the place with this card.

I think they're kind of embarrassed to keep changing the same card again and again. I do think it should be 3 mana.

I like the card, I like the combos that can be done with it. I don't want to see those beast-synergies get taken away. But it's too easy to get ridiculous value from that at 2 mana. Too cheap.

3 mana.

100% agree! I honostly couldn't agree more and I've said exactly the same thing multiple times before. The card is great imo, but is just too cost efficient, even when your opponent has only 2 minions, it's still a good card combined with buzzard and hyena. When you have more than 2 minions, it gets insane for the cost of this card. The fact that it can get insane power with a combo is fine by me, but then it shouldn't be cost efficient in (nearly) every situation.

4 mana was too much, 2 mana is too little. What should we do now??
Reply Quote
Even limiting yourself to only playing 2 minions max vs. a Hunter doesnt do jack except make it slower for you to kill the hunter meanwhile you take dmg every turn. That logic doesn't always work. Not to mention Shamans and Paladins hero power is a burden against a Hunter Simply because of this card.

Besides 2 minions is more then enough to get off plenty of devastating combos, not to mention Leeroy adding 2 more doggies for the finishing touch.

UTH should go back to 4 mana, find another way to boost Hunter instead this clearly only broke it.
Reply Quote
Another problem with this card is: it limits the classes and cards you can play. Shaman is extremely weak against hunter and token minions are nearly unplayable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]