Whirlwind is not worthy

(amazed about the confusion of my post's intention)

Whirlwind is unworthy of its name.

There are better Warr aoe skills, from WoW/D3, that could be named for a 1d to all card.

ex) though with a slight modification
Thunderclap, 2m, 1d to all, -1d to all enemy minions.

Heck, even if Thunderclap was just a plain 1d to all, I woulda been fine, as TC is known for its utility and not its dmg, just like how the current WW card is for utility.

Whirlwind was never known for utility, unlike the WW card in HS, it was known for raw dmg. Therefore, they should've saved the name Whirlwind for something closer to Flamestrike in terms of damage, not this pathetic 1d.

I'm sure there are other unfit examples out there in other classes, but since I've been playing Warr the most lately, this one sticks out.
Edited by Symply13 on 3/18/2014 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Great synergy with, Wild Pyromancer, Armorsmith, Grommash Hellscream, Acolyte of Pain (yours I mean), and frankly ridiculous potential with Frothing Berserker.

I think perhaps you are using it wrong, or your deck isn't set up to benefit from it?
Reply Quote
03/16/2014 10:18 AMPosted by infidale
Great synergy with, Wild Pyromancer, Armorsmith, Grommash Hellscream, Acolyte of Pain (yours I mean), and frankly ridiculous potential with Frothing Berserker.

I think perhaps you are using it wrong, or your deck isn't set up to benefit from it?

I'm not complaining about synergy or usage.

I'm complaining the name does not live up to itself when you've got other Warr aoe abilities from WoW/Diablo.

WW in both WoW/Diablo is an awesome ability.

It's as if they had Pyroblast cost 1m and do 2d, the name would be unfit.
Reply Quote
If you're killing things with whirlwind, you're using it wrong.

It's for hitting your own minions to get all those triggers.
Reply Quote
@ Studoku: He is still only talking about the references between the word of the spell and what its immediate impact is on the board. He doesn't think it's too bad for an aoe or sth, cause thats not the point.
What I understood is that he would like the spell to be renamed to like Thunderclap and maybe add a potential Whirlwind in a later stage of the game that is stronger on its own (in most likely dmg aspects) and interacts differently with the board.
Reply Quote
@ Studoku: He is still only talking about the references between the word of the spell and what its immediate impact is on the board. He doesn't think it's too bad for an aoe or sth, cause thats not the point.

What I understood is that he would like the spell to be renamed to like Thunderclap and maybe add a potential Whirlwind in a later stage of the game that is stronger on its own (in most likely dmg aspects) and interacts differently with the board.

TY

I clarified my post for people who have a hard time reading or are unfamiliar with other Blizz games.
Reply Quote
Why is it good in some decks?
Example:
Warrior with forthing and whirlwind vs murlock warlock.
Most likely board is full of weenies that the lock played. He's got you low, but he's low as well, and he has lethal for next turn. if you did have the forthing before hand and he decided to ignore it, drop that sucker for massive buffs to the zerker, then straightforwardly apply pain to lock face with forthing.

I played it vs a token druid once, and I just so happen to have the serker down. He ignored it and just planted down more stuff. I did the whirl, suddenly my zerker was now a 14/3 from the whole dmg that went down on the board, and one deatdly strike + the zerker hit was enough to kill him instantly.
Reply Quote
Please read the original post. -_-
Reply Quote
It's amazing how many people simply don't read posts.
Reply Quote
Yeah whirlwind should be like 5 damage to a minion and the minions around it take 2 damage while you yourself take 5 damage... makes more sense
Reply Quote
Why are you thinking in WoW/Diablo terms when you're not playing either game but are playing Hearthstone? Hearthstone stands as its own game, it's not an extension of WoW/Diablo and has nothing in common with either game other than the WoW lore, just the lore. So realize that Hearthstone stands on its own and enjoy it as such, stop trying to make it more WoW accurate because that's just pointless and unnecessary.
Reply Quote
HS is its own game.

But you cant deny a myriad of cards and their abilities that share some resemblence from their counterparts in WoW/D3.

Of course! Blizz would take stuff from WoW/D3 to help them make their HS cards.

Lore not only includes accurate naming, but similar characteristics.

Therefore, when one doesn't, it sticks out as an annoyance or lazy work.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]