How's my deck?

This is the main warrior deck I use so I am trying to polish it up. It's a bit of a budget deck until I can craft Grom. (580 dust to go!)

Inner Rage x 2
Execute x 2
Upgrade x 2
Whirlwind x 2
Fiery War Axe x 2
Battle Rage x 2
Rampage x 2
Slam x 2
Amani Berserker x 2
Frothing Berserker x 2
Tauren Warrior x 1 ( I don't have 2 but I can make one)
Warsong Commander x 2
Arathi Weaponsmith x 2
Kor'kron Elite x 2
Gurubashi Berserker x 1
Sunwalker x 1
Gorehowl x 1

It focuses mainly about pummeling with high attack (Low HP) low cost minions. It could use more taunts.

It was originally a weapons deck but I changed AR for some more minions because the oozes made me depressed.

Let me know what you think.
Edited by Dread on 3/14/2014 2:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Any comments?
Reply Quote
Ever consider Bloodsail Raider?
Reply Quote
It's too front loaded. You need some heavy cards besides Gorehowl or you cannot maintain board control/card advantage in the late game.

If I have any advice though, it's Shield Block x2. I don't know why a Warrior deck would ever not have these.

I just had ~10 win streak in rated with my deck. It's pretty well balanced. I don't use inner rage, 1x Execute, 1x Whirlwind. A 2nd execute is debatable. I'm running only 1x Upgrade and I'm considering dropping it. It only seems to be worth it when I already have a weapon equipped.

I run 1x Fiery War Axe, 1x of the weapon that costs 5 mana, and 1 Gorehowl, that way I've got one weapon for each phase of the game, and it works very well.

Also, I only run 1x Warsong Commander because if you already have one of them up, the other's effect is useless.

On top of that I pretty much have standard 4-6 minions, which I notice your deck doesn't really have. Sen'jin Shieldmasta is always nice.
Reply Quote
could you maybe provide me with a decklist? recently pulled a couple epics from some packs for the warrior and am looking to get an idea of what meshes well together.
Reply Quote
Too many spells, if you are going to play that many... get a Gadgetzan Auctioneer.
Reply Quote
03/17/2014 04:54 PMPosted by DunkOnU1
It's too front loaded. You need some heavy cards besides Gorehowl or you cannot maintain board control/card advantage in the late game.

It's kinda the main goal as I focus more around fun, but yes it does need more control.

If I have any advice though, it's Shield Block x2. I don't know why a Warrior deck would ever not have these.

Thinking about trading the battlerage for them. It's a nice card but it's way situational.

I just had ~10 win streak in rated with my deck. It's pretty well balanced. I don't use inner rage, 1x Execute, 1x Whirlwind. A 2nd execute is debatable. I'm running only 1x Upgrade and I'm considering dropping it. It only seems to be worth it when I already have a weapon equipped.

I tend to run into allot of situations where I only need to upgrade weapon. Though that has to do with having another execute. I keep more WW do to so many rush decks... (And most my minions enrage.

I run 1x Fiery War Axe, 1x of the weapon that costs 5 mana, and 1 Gorehowl, that way I've got one weapon for each phase of the game, and it works very well.

I was thinking about doing this, so now I will try it.

Also, I only run 1x Warsong Commander because if you already have one of them up, the other's effect is useless.

It's rare that I have both out and if I do one is usually near death and ripe for a cheep trade with execute. I might try swapping one out for another Tauren Warrior

On top of that I pretty much have standard 4-6 minions, which I notice your deck doesn't really have. Sen'jin Shieldmasta is always nice.

I have a love hate thing with that card.
Edited by Dread on 3/18/2014 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]