Regarding mortal strike

I have no issue with the warrior, if it rushes me down I and I die, so be it. But I have noticed that mortal strike is a bad fireball, you have to be <12 to get 6 damage for 4 mana. So I was wondering, what needs changed? fireball or MS? I understand that it's like that because mages tend not to have rush decks so a fireball is there for punch but still, MS and fireball give the same feeling when you're killed by it, "Bulls*** cheap !@# card".

Just a thought, as 4 mana for something that takes 1/5 of your life just seems, cheap...
Reply Quote
Some classes are better at certain things. Mages, for example, are better at dealing direct damage with spells. Warriors have weapons.
Reply Quote
there is nothing grand about weapons. use them to kill minions but get free damage to your own face. overrated. In fact, you're just speeding up the win for them.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Ravis
there is nothing grand about weapons. use them to kill minions but get free damage to your own face. overrated. In fact, you're just speeding up the win for them.

Health is just a resource, and unlike most other classes, warriors are able to utilise it. Weapons are the primary reason I chose warrior as my main, and I don't regret it ever since. If opponents blindly play minions against your weapon, it's they who speed up the win for you, not vice versa.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:50 AMPosted by Phoenix
Health is just a resource, and unlike most other classes, warriors are able to utilise it. Weapons are the primary reason I chose warrior as my main, and I don't regret it ever since. If opponents blindly play minions against your weapon, it's they who speed up the win for you, not vice versa.

Reminds me of an MtG joke. What do you call a player who wins while on 1 life?

The winner.
Reply Quote
03/15/2014 10:46 AMPosted by Ravis

read armor up
Reply Quote
What needs to be changed is you bringing Mortal Strike in your deck :p

Rather pay 2 mana less and run the (low) risk of a taunt being in my way at the critical moment with Heroic Strike. More useful, more practical. Could have a Kor'kron for 4 mana, potentially hit more than once for 4 damage. That's nice. Shield Block into Shield Slam, that's 5 damage to a minion for 4 mana.

If I was going to throw out a suggestion, I'd like to see Mortal Strike become something more like "Deal Weapon Damage to Target, no loss of durability, take no damage." And if that's too awesome tag on "Hero cannot attack this turn." And maybe mess with the mana cost accordingly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]