Shield slam efficiency

Ive played a ton of games against warriors and there is only one card I just hate dealing with. The 1 mana cost shield slam guaranteed to hit for 2 but probabbly waaay more seeing how easy it is to stack armor on a warrior. In controll matchup you will have armor to do a bit slam for 1 in an aggro matchup you wont need much mana because the creatures you face wont have much health. I dont play the deck but this is how I feel playing against it. Any comments from decent rank controll warrior players? (tell me I'm wrong if I am).
Reply Quote
Every hero has a tough spell card, some have multiple good ones! warrior one needs to be build up meaning not taking any hits or combo two or more cards to gain a decent amount of armour to be anyway useful so I beg to differ.
Reply Quote
If it cost more you wouldn't be able to use it efficiently anyway. And it is much less dependable than... say... Fireball. And you can aim Fireball at the enemy's face, unlike Shield Slam. But yeah, if everything's going fine already it's a good card.
Reply Quote
Against an aggro player, the warrior isn't going to be stacking armor unless the aggro player is already losing. Shield slam is typically going to be used on the same turn as Armor Up (2 damage for 3 mana) or Shield Block (5 damage 4 mana).

It also can't hit heroes so the potential for stacking 20 armor and dealing 20 damage is irrelevant- there aren't any cards where overkilling a minion is important.
Edited by Studoku on 3/19/2014 7:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]